Chapter 1: The Final Test Results

Chapter 1: The Final Test Results

A Chapter by Nitalia Trager
"

Lavera and Carsa have just underwent their final test in their training at the Academy. With the support of their loved ones they will be awarded their scores and their fate will be decided.

"
Without her I am nothing...

I woke in the infirmary a few days after the test. Although the test is a mental stimulation the mind needs time to asses the body and determine it is healthy before the testee will regain consciousness. I awoke to find Giovanni sitting next to my bed. "How are you feeling love?" He asked as he gripped my hand and smiled. 

"Where is Carsa?" I asked as I tried to get out of bed. Giovanni stopped me by placing his hands on my shoulders. 

"She is fine, Joon is with her. She has been out of the infirmary for a few hours now." Giovanni kissed my forehead as he scooted his chair closer to the bed. I reached out to Carsa and winced as I felt the pain from her headache transfered through the bond. I quickly returned to my body as I saw Joon above her, his hands on her temples trying to massage away her pain. "Are you in pain?" He asked looking worried, I smiled and shook my head. "Good. You should get some rest, I'm not going anywhere and I'm sure your brain in exhausted." I yawned as I realized just how exhausted I felt. 

"Okay, but promise you wont leave me?" I asked as I scooted over in the bed and he laid next to me. 

"I promise." He said as he wrapped his arms around me and stroked my hair. "I love you Lala." He whispered in my ear just before I drifted off. 

-------------------- Flashback --------------------
"Remember to keep yourself in check. Don't outshine any of your classmates you are to fit in." My mother was walking behind me as we left the car in the parking lot, I looked out to the new school and smiled as I was finally able to attend a real school like all the other children. "Lavera are you listening to me?"

"Yes mother, don't show my actual skill, I must play stupid in order to fit in. Although I'm sure I could take everyone of them here." I rolled my eyes and sighed today started the day I would have to live a lie. From now on I wasn't this secret princess my mother hid from the world. Today I became a normal 14 year old. "Mom where is Carsa?" I asked as I looked around momentarily forgetting I would not being doing this alone.

"Your father is picking her up from the studio now, she wanted one final morning in your old lives before giving it up." My mother smiled as she took in the setting around us. "Come we must go see the Headmistress before you're late." My mother quickly headed off in the direction I assumed was the office. I followed after her I tried to study the people around me. Some were walking by themselves while others traveled in packs. Some looked as if they had just rolled out of bed and others looked as if they could run a marathon. As I was turning around to get a look at everything I stumbled into someone and fell to the ground. I looked up to see a boy standing in front of me. 

"I am very sorry, I didn't see you." His voice was strong and I could hear an accent twisted around every word but I couldn't quite place it. He stretched out his hand to me and I took it letting him lift me off the ground. 

"No it's my fault I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I'm sorry for getting in your way." I couldn't take my eyes off him, he had to be at least 3 years older than me. 

"Don't be. I'm Giovanni and it's a pleasure to meet you." Giovanni extended his hand for me to shake, I reached out to shake his hand. 

"My name's La-" I was cut off by my mothers shouting. 

"Lavera! We are going to be late!" I looked back at my mother and sighed.

"I have to go." I let go of Giovanni's hand and ran to catch up with my mother. 

"See you around sometime." He called after me. "Lavera." He said the name to himself. 

-----------------------------------------

I can't always protect her...

"So what happened in the test?" Carsa asked Joon as her headache slipped away and she relaxed feeling his fingers on her temples. 

"Let's see, Lavera ran. Her judgement was sound there, she knew I would eventually catch up. When I did she luckily just missed one of my ninja stars. She found a good spot to protect herself but she hadn't expected me to take her from above. I got her katana away from her and left her weaponless." Joon sighed as he recounted the test. 

"Then what happened?" She asked as she wanted hear what he had experienced. 

"She managed to flip us over and she kneed me in the back, then Marcos interfered and he injured her. She played up her injury and I felt the slightest bit of sympathy and she took advantage of me and snapped my neck." He spat out the last words, he was angry at himself for slipping up in a simple test. Although the test was designed to test the abilities of the students, it also tested the warriors who tested their loyalty to the system. The warriors were to treat the test as a real life situation where at any moment a single person could become ones enemy. Joon had slipped and he could only hope he wouldn't face punishment. Marcos had filled him in with what happened next and he knew that if he were to face punishment so would Marcos and Giovanni for not killing Lavera when they each had the chance. 

"She snapped your neck?" Carsa asked as she looked at Joon worried. 

"Don't look so worried, it's happened many times in these tests and no ones been injured so far." Joon smiled reassuringly and kissed Carsa's forehead.

"I'm tired. I think I'm going to lay down." Carsa said as he pushed up off the couch and retreated back to the bedroom. Joon followed and the two cuddled in bed before they both drifted to sleep.

Every now and then someone else has to protect her...

I woke up in Giovanni's arms and snuggled against his chest, happy he kept his promise. "Oh you're awake." Giovanni looked down at me, the television behind me was on and the volume was turned down real low. "Come on let's get up and get you ready. The Academy has determined your score and is ready to release the results." Giovanni sat up in the bed and took my hand, he led me from the infirmary towards the dorms on campus. Although I spent most of my off time at Giovanni's I was still required to have an on campus dorm room, one with whom I shared with my bondmate. By the looks of the room Carsa hadn't returned to the dorm since before the test. "Go get in the shower and I'll wait for you." Giovanni said as he sat on my bed and got comfortable. 

"Or you could always join me in the shower." I said as I seductively walked over to the bed as I stripped to my bra and undies. His eyes caressed my body as I stood next to the bed but I knew his self control would not falter so easily. 

"I'm sure the Academy would like to release the results sometime today and if I follow you to the shower you won't make it until at least tomorrow." Giovanni grinned as his eyes finally met mine and I could see how much he wanted to follow me. I leaned down and kissed his briefly, not long enough to left his control slip but long enough to satisfy me. 

"That's a damn shame, just think of how wet I'll be." I winked at him and retreated to the bathroom I smiled as my retreating form was rewarded with a groan. 

"Sometimes you kill me Lavera Marie Costa." He shouted after me. I smirked as I stripped completely and got into the shower. 

Sometimes love must sacrifice and wait...

As Giovanni and I entered the Academy's auditorium I spotted a few of my classmates already in the center. The rest of the Academy students were in the stands that circled the mat in the middle, like a mini Colosseum. Carsa was in the middle of the mat, her eyes lit up as she saw me approach. Joon was standing behind her, the rest of the students had their significant others standing behind them as Joon was. I took my spot beside Carsa and Giovanni took his spot behind me.  A few minutes later the results event had begun. Headmistress Leah Juniper stepped forward with a mic to her lips. "Good afternoon students of Light Academy, I am pleased to welcome you to this years Seventy-Eight Final Test Revelation. Today the students with passing scores will graduate from the Academy and enter the next step in Light training. If you will kindly step forward as your names are read off and wait for judgement." Headmistress Juniper said as she was handed the first envelope.

"Gwyneth Malia and Dominic Stratus." She paused to give the pair a chance to step forward. "In your test both of you faced extreme tasks and difficult opponents. Both of you managed to make it to the Temple of the Gods each placed your pendant on the pedestal. You have passed the test." Headmistress Juniper smiled and handed the envelope to Gwyneth, Gwyneth opened it to find two pendants, each inscribed with her and Dominic's names. "I am pleased to welcome you to your future. "Gwyneth and Dominic placed the pendants around their necks and hugged their significant others. 

"Cedric Malia and Gunner Haytes." Headmistress Juniper paused again allowing the pair to step forward. " In your test both of you came across trouble and each overcame what they found. Although Gunner you were unable to finish the test due to your inability to move forward cause by your broken leg, Cedric managed to get both pendants to the Temple of the Gods. Because of your strength Cedric you have passed the test." Headmistress Juniper smiled and handed the envelope to Cedric, Cedric opened it to find two pendants just as Gwyneth had. He handed one to Gunner and placed the other around his neck before stepping back and hugging his significant other. 

"Mansa Costa and Versailles Fremont." I cringed when I heard my brothers name, he was older than me and had been ruthless growing up. Headmistress Juniper continued when they had stepped forward. "In your test you both faced tremendous odds but unfortunately due to Mansa's death you did not pass. You may train and retake the test in the fall." The Headmistress sighed as she delivered the sad news. This was the third test Mansa and Versailles had failed, each time Mansa was the weakest link. Mansa looked down and cursed at himself, I could see the pain in his eyes over letting Versailles down. 

"Lavera Costa and Carsa Novella." I stood tall and stepped forward fearing the worst. Carsa had died during the test and so had I. "In your test you faced hardship and loss, Carsa lost her life. Yet even with this hardship you Lavera showed your strength in evading your enemy and managed to almost outrun your pursuer. You placed the pendants on the pedestal at whatever cost, even your life and for that you passed." Headmistress Juniper smiled as she handed me the envelope and I opened it pulling out the new pendants. I placed mine around my neck and put Carsa's on for her. 

Without missing a beat I flung myself into Giovanni's arms and gripped him tightly and his arms gripped me tighter to him. "Congratulations love, you earned it." He said in my ear just before Headmistress Juniper spoke again.

"I present to you the men and women of the Seventh-Eight Final Test Revelation. May your future be bright! " The crowd stood to their feet and cheered as the eight of us retreated from the auditorium. 

In that moment her smile was all I imagined it to be...


© 2014 Nitalia Trager


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on February 5, 2014
Last Updated on April 3, 2014