DTB Fan Fiction [Section 1: No One has to Die]

DTB Fan Fiction [Section 1: No One has to Die]

A Story by Chaos Complex
"

Section 1 of my Darker Than Black fan fiction. It mainly focuses and revolves on the Evening Primrose group.

"
=Section 1: No One has to Die.=

 

"Do you know what it's like... to love someone but never be able to talk to them? Or to touch them? Or to see their smile or gaze into their eyes? Do you, Amagiri?" A soft, girlie tone broke the silence between two figures in the woods. Amber flipped her long, waist length blonde hair over her shoulder, wrapping her arms around herself. She was dressed in a tight white body suit with a furry collar. The fabric clung to her body, as if it was her actual skin. Some people might see the outfit as provocative, but for her, it was necessary. Amber needed to wear it because every time she used her powers, her physical body regressed. She grew younger. This was the price she had to pay for using her gift. It was part of being a contractor.

 

Her amber hues darted over to the other, waiting for a response from her right hand man, Amagiri. He was peeling off the thin shell of a boiled egg. The two of them stood in the middle of a forest clearing, surrounded by a couple of fresh corpses. Amagiri had just killed these other contractors off with little effort. The ginger-haired, husky male looked to be of middle-age. He glanced up at his leader with his right eye. His left remained shut. It wasn't that his eye was injured, but he always did this due to habit. He cleared his throat before he answered. "Sorry, I can't say that I have." He tossed the egg into his mouth and chewed, while breathing raggedly through his nostrils. He was still catching his breath from fighting. Eating eggs was his form of payment for using his powers.

 

"I suppose not many people have. I wonder if he's thinking about me... if he's missing me? No. That can't be right. I'm pretty sure all he wants to do right now is find me and kill me. I wonder how many people are in love with someone that wants to brutally maul them?" Amber wasn't as young as she looked. Right now she had the body of a young woman in her mid-twenties, but she actually had more years than that under her belt. "It was rare to see him smile. But when he did, it was heart melting." She stretched her arms out and twirled along the grass and dirt without any shoes on, pretending she was a ballerina, moving with the same grace as one would. She giggled as she looked up to the sky. The fake stars beamed so beautifully above them. Even if they were fake- they were still breath taking to her. She wouldn't trade any of these to have the real stars return, because she knew that each star that shone up above represented a life. A contractor's life.

 

The world had changed. Everything was different- but people still tried to live normally. The moon was gone, and the night sky was replaced with something that looked like a tacky replica of natures taken back gifts. Even so society still tried to keep sane and act humane. Or at the least, the illusion of that state was given. Amber and Amagiri knew the truth. Everything was just a bunch of dirty, ugly, filthy lies.

 

Amagiri swallowed, beating his chest to make the egg go down easier. He then buttoned up his red shirt, growling in annoyance as he found the 2nd button from the top was missing. He looked down with a frown. "I liked this shirt too..." He muttered to himself before fixing his gaze back on Amber. "Anyways, I know you care about him deeply... Hei, right? The contractor with the ability to use electricity? But, Amber- we have to be careful. The humans are making their move and we have to stop them. They want to kill us all, you know..." Amigiri sighed and his single brown orb shifted off to the ground. "Of course you know. You're the one who told us all about this. These b******s have to be stopped! Human beings can't be trusted anymore! We should just... kill them all!"

 

"You're wrong, Amagiri. Human beings have just as much right to live as we do. Sure, we have the powers and abilities to wipe them all out, but who gave us the right to play God?" Amber responded in a motherly tone and stopped spinning. She smiled like a charming princess while keeping her eyes focused on the shining beacons that were up above them.

 

"So, why are you going to let him choose who lives and who dies?" Amagiri sounded a bit frustrated, but he knew that Amber was in charge. He had complete faith in her, even if he disagreed with some of her methods. "I don't really understand right now, but I hope boy-o makes the right choice."

 

" Because, he doesn't want anyone to die. Hei will make the right choice. I believe he will. He isn't just someone I love and trust. He's very special... He's someone who can help protect both the humans and us contractors. That's what we're fighting for, and that's one of the reasons we need him alive. We all  want a free and just world where everyone can live in peace."

 

"Hell... that ideal world comes with a heavy price, don't it?"

 

"Yes. We're all welling to sacrifice our lives for it. That doesn't exclude me."

 

"Don't talk like that." Amagiri walked over to one of the bodies that were laying face down on the ground. He poked at the deceased with one of his shoes. "You need to live, Amber. You're our fearless leader, after all. Just let the pawns die off as necessary and do what needs to be done."

 

Amber shut her eyes, sighing in response. She then turned to face her loyal friend and opened her lids to reveal those honey, amber hues. "I have everything planned out, and everything will hopefully happen as we need it too. Rest assured, that I will do everything in my power to make things right."

 

Amagiri glanced over his shoulder and nodded. "I know. That's why I'd die for you..." He looked away as if he was a bashful middle schooler who just admitted his feelings to a crush.

 

The two of them stood silently together in that clearing. They relaxed using the sound of the wind and cool touch of the breeze. Fifteen minutes passed and Amber began to walk into the trees. Amagiri rubbed his temples and then followed the bright haired blonde into the darkness.

© 2011 Chaos Complex


Author's Note

Chaos Complex
This is a fan fiction I'm working on for the anime series Darker Than Black.
I haven't written in a long time, so sorry if it sucks...
Feedback or anything like that would be nice... sorry if you don't know the storyline or the characters, but feedback would still be appreciated, regardless (pacing/dialogue/grammar...etc.). Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 28, 2011
Last Updated on March 28, 2011

Author

Chaos Complex
Chaos Complex

FL



About
I like to express my emotions and feelings in poetry. I write a lot of rap/hip hop stuff. I'm really vulgar. Deal with it. I don't get many reviews, but thank you to those who even bother to re.. more..

Writing