DTB Fan Fiction [Section 2: Everyone Suffers]

DTB Fan Fiction [Section 2: Everyone Suffers]

A Story by Chaos Complex
"

Here's part 2 of my Darker Than Black fan fiction... now with moar action!

"

=Section 2: Everyone Suffers.=

The two contractors were now out of the woods and walking along an alley way at midnight. Most people were asleep, but the blaring car horns and laughing drunkards could still be heard in the distance, acting as the cities faint pulse. Amagiri stopped walking for a moment. He and Amber were very close to their current base of operations. Right now they were holding up in an apartment room in a city of japan. They hopped frequently, of course. Never staying in one spot for too long. Amber knew why Amagiri had stopped. They were being tailed by others. She continued to stride forward without him, rounding a corner. A gentle smile formed on her lips before she spoke to her right hand man. "Don't waste too much time."

Amagiri nodded to his leader as she disappeared from view. Afterwards, he wiped his sweaty palms on his khaki pants and spun around to spot a trio walking out of the shadows in a triangle formation. They were all dressed in matching dark grey business suits and slacks. One of them in the back wore a pair of sunglasses and had a nose piercing. His hair was hidden underneath a lime beanie, but some black strands slipped out. The one next to him looked like someone going through the process of becoming a zombie. His flesh looked very sickly, and his blue eyes seemed hollow and dead. He was balding and didn't care about what little hair he had left. The business suit was too big a size for him, as the excess cloth could be clearly seen dangling and fluttering about as he moved. The one in the middle whom stood in front of the two seemed to be the leader of the pack. He was a pretty well built man with dreaded blonde hair. His skin was more tanned than the other two and he had an unlit cigarette locked in between his lips. He lifted one of his giant hands up to grab the filter between his thumb and pointer, pulling the tobacco stick from his mouth before he spoke. "Good twilight, to ya."

"... I just devoured four eggs walking here. Do you know how bad my cholesterol level is going to be?" Amagiri cracked his knuckles. He knew he was going to be in for a fight. Taking on three contractors at once in a pretty narrow alley way was going to be a pain in the a*s.

"Oh, but someone of your caliber can handle it, I'm sure." The alpha of the pack spoke again. "After all... you're one of the Evening Primrose, are you not? We've been looking for you for some time. You need to stop playing these little games with your leader. She's not a very wise one, is she? I can't believe some idiot contractor thinks they can gain rights for us... as if we're human." The dark skinned man's eyes flashed red for a second as his finger suddenly sparked a flame. He placed the cigarette back in his mouth, and lit it with the flame on his finger, inhaling deeply to light the leaves within the rolled paper. He blew out smoke out of one corner of his mouth, keeping the cigarette caught in between his teeth.

"What kind of naive twit, would do that for someone who doesn't have emotions? You know contractors don't have feelings. We shouldn't care about our 'rights' or whatever. We're all just killing machines, right boys?" The contractor turned to look over his shoulder at his allies. They both seemed to nod in agreement.

Suddenly, what seemed like a burst of air flew past the face of the contractor that was speaking, clipping his cigarette and knocking it out of his mouth. The sickly looking male tilted his neck quickly to the left to avoid being smashed in the face with the sudden burst of energy. The leader exhaled some smoke out of his lungs as his eyes widened in rage. He shot a glare in Amagiri's direction.

"Hold your tongue! You don't know anything about us! You're just dogs for the syndicate, aren't you?! Well screw you and your bosses!" Amagiri had his hand held up, open and facing the trio. The air could be seen swirling around his palm as he readied another blast. The man with the sunglasses decided to run forward in front of the others and take action. While he continued to dash toward Amagiri, two glowing red orbs flashed red underneath the sunglasses and his nails suddenly sprouted into foot long, razor sharp blades. Amagiri gritted his teeth as he launched a blast of powerful air towards the runner, but he easily leapt against a wall and pushed off of it to hurl himself over the projectile. The sickly man moved next, slipping in front of their pyro-using boss to protect him.

The ball of wind slammed into the zombie looking males gut, spiraling like a drill against him. If he was a normal human, his bones and flesh would probably have been broken apart. However, he wasn't. This particular contractor had rubbery flesh, so the powerful projectile sunk into him for a minute and then suddenly launched out of him as his skin snapped back in the other direction from the built up tension, just like a human slingshot. Amagiri just barely ducked the claws of the man with the sunglasses and quickly dove to the side to avoid being ripped apart by his own blast. A building wall that was just across from outside the alley way burst into chunks as the projectile collided with it.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Amagiri was starting to sweat as he stood back up. He then ducked and weaved the sharp claws of the contractor in front of him. Amagari leapt back putting as much space between the two of them as he could. "A pyro-user, a beast type, and a rubber man?!" He had fought contractors in threes and fours before, but these guys were no joke. He felt his chances of survival crash down like a meteor diving from space. The pyro-user's fist lit on fire as he ran past his partner with the claws. He swung his burning fist at Amagiri who was leaping back, doing everything he could to avoid being smashed in the face by those hellish flames.

"What's the matter, guy? Afraid? You were talking so big and tough before! Can't stand up against a little heat!?" The man swung around in a circle, just scorching Amagiri's red button-up shirt with his flames. As Amagiri skid back, trying to recover, the pyro slammed his fist into the ground and a pillar of fire exploded from the floor, creating a small crater in the concrete. Amagiri flew back from the explosion, hitting the concrete surface and rolling a couple of yards down the alleyway. "Sh-s**t! Sorry, Amber... I can't..." Amagiri felt his head pounding. His vision was blurring as he fought to stand up. This was probably going to be the end for him. His star was going to fall.

"Hey, man. Don't be embarrassed about it." The pyro laughed as his fist continued to pulse brightly with flames. "No contractor lives after dealing with the likes of us. It's nothing personal. Business is business."

Suddenly, a loud gasp was heard from behind. The pyro and his sharp clawed partner both turned around to see a young female with her teeth dug into their sickly allies neck. Her eyes were glowing red, revealing that she was a contractor. The girl ran her hands along the sickly mans shoulders before she wrapped an arm around his waist to hold him up. He squeaked out like a pathetic mouse as she bit down harder on his rubbery flesh. The sickly man seemed to convulse in the girls arms as his eyes rolled back into his head and his tongue rolled out of his mouth. The girl stepped away from him and he fell to the ground, dropping faster than a rock. His body was no longer rubbery, and somewhere up in the night sky, a contractors star fell.

"That was disgusting, but at least his energy will help me stay awake. Ugh... I was really looking forward to sleeping tonight, though." The girl was of average height, with chin length, choppy brown hair. Her eyes had stopped pulsing red and now were hazel. Heavy black, purple-ish bags were underneath them, suggesting she didn't get much sleep. She was dressed in thin, baggy robes that reached down to her knees. The outer robe was a dark blue, with smokey swirling patterns on both the hem and at the end of the sleeves, while the under robe was just a plain white. She wore a pair of baggy black pants with the same matching swirly patterns on their hems and on her feet were a pair of solid, black flats. She looked really lost, and distant... but contrary to that, she knew exactly what she was doing. "Gene-bug. I got the first one. You have to finish helping Amagiri. My body doesn't want to move anymore." She said in a barely audible tone.

"Good job, Elfy." Stepping out of the shadows to join the other contractors was a male who looked to be in his mid-twenties. His hair was spiky and black and his eyes were the same hazel as the girl who had just sucked the energy out of the sickly man. His black jacket fluttered about he walked, and a plain white-tee was visible underneath it. He also had on a pair of baggy jeans that almost slipped over his purple sneakers and on his back was a brown guitar case with several different stickers slapped on it. He looked like someone out of a punk rock band.

"Who the hell are you and what did you do to Roger?!" The pyro demanded to know.

Elfy looked up and responded lazily and in a tone that lacked any care. "I ate his energy... and killed him."

"We're here to help our buddy over there." Gene pointed at Amagiri with a blank expression on his face.

The contractor with the sharp claws growled and suddenly broke into a dash towards the two new-comers. He might have been able to chop them apart if an arm made of steel didn't sprout out of the concrete wall to his left and catch him by his neck. The beast-type coughed and gagged for air as the steel fingers wrapped around his throat, squeezing hard. The contractor known as Gene started to laugh hysterically. His eyes were glowing red, as he did, making him look like something out of a bad horror film. Elfy casually watched her partner burst into laughter, blinking in response to such an awkward payment.

Gene continued to laugh even as the steel hand broke the neck of the man who wielded the razor sharp claws, giggling as a sickening crack was heard and blood drizzled down to the floor. The steel arm released the fresh corpse and it fell to the ground with a disgusting splat. Another star fell as the brick wall suddenly burst apart. What looked like a steel mannequin stepped into the alley, facing the pyro-user as it arched it's back forward, looking ready to charge. 

Elfy swatted at her partners chest with the excess long sleeves of her robe as he continued to roar with laughter. Tears were forming at his eyes now. "Hey, focus. Control your steel, properly or else you're going to mess up."

"It-it's not like I want to laugh- HEHEHE! It's my... Hah...hah...MY STUPID PAYMENT! HAHAHA!" Gene fell to the floor, feet swinging back and forth in the air as the steel mannequin suddenly began to charge forward.

The pyro's eyes widened in shock and his flames suddenly died out. He turned to run the other way, but he was blasted backwards by Amagiri. It was a weak blast and not strong enough to kill the pyro- but stunning him or knocking him down was all he was aiming for. "You son of a b***h!" The pyro landed hard on his back and he was about to get up, but the shadow of the steel puppet draped him. The pyro glanced up and gulped to see that the steel puppet's arm had been transformed into a razor sharp, curved blade. "Wai-wait, no!"

Elfy helped Gene up from the floor as the pyro let out a blood curling scream. The sounds of flesh being stabbed repeatedly could be heard as she supported her giggling partner. Rip...rip...rip...

After a minute, the tormented screams stopped... but the giggling and snickering did not. "You're such a goofy and sadistic contractor. I wish I could just laugh as my payment though. I hate the insomnia I get from using my abilities." Elfy helped Gene walk over to where Amagiri was. They took a while, especially since they both had to creep around the puddles of blood in their path.

The steel puppet creaked as it fell to it's knees and slumped over. Gene was breathing deeply as he finally finished off his payment. He ran over to the steel puppet, leaving Elfy behind to continue shuffling towards Amagiri alone. He slipped the guitar case off his back and opened it, dropping it down next to his steel weapon. The case itself was empty. He turned to the steel being and clapped his hands, his eyes glowing red for a moment. The puppet suddenly began to shrink, crunching itself up and splitting into several dozens of small compact squares. They all scattered over the floor and Gene raked some of the pieces up in his hands, dropping them into the guitar case.

"Amagiri- you need to be more careful. I'm not getting any sleep because of you again." Elfy whined, squatting down beside Gene and helping him pick up the steel cubes. Amagiri sighed before he responded.

"Ugh. Shut it, would you? It's been a rough day! The damn syndicate must be really worried about us. They've been sending some tough b******s to try to find us. But... yeah, whatever. Anyways. Thanks."

Gene and Elfy both dumped the remaining cubes into the guitar case and he shut it and fastened the locks. They both got up at the same time and Gene swung the case over his shoulder. "Don't thank us, thank Amber for saving your sorry butt." Even though he was laughing like a psychopath a few minutes ago, Gene looked more collected now and had quite a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Elfy added to the ranting. "Yeah, if it wasn't for Amber, I would be asleep right now- letting you die, Amagiri."

"Psh... whatever, jerks. See if I save your asses when you need back up... ugh. Come on. Let's go see Amber, then." Amagiri decided to just bite his tongue. These two clowns just saved him, even if they didn't want to. No, that wasn't entirely right... Amber had saved him. The way things ended seemed to be planned pretty well. He shook his head and turned around. Then he began limping towards Amber's direction with two other members of the Evening Primrose following behind him.

Gene started to giggle again as they left the alleyway and Elfy sighed before pressing her pajama sleeve against his mouth to muffle him. "Shh... keep it down, Gene-bug. Lucky people are trying to sleep..."

© 2011 Chaos Complex


Author's Note

Chaos Complex
This is a fan fiction I'm working on for the anime series Darker Than Black.
I haven't written in a long time, so sorry if it sucks...
Feedback or anything like that would be nice... sorry if you don't know the storyline or the characters, but feedback would still be appreciated, regardless (pacing/dialogue/grammar...etc.). Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
Added on March 28, 2011
Last Updated on March 31, 2011
Tags: Darker than Black, fan fiction
Previous Versions

Author

Chaos Complex
Chaos Complex

FL



About
I like to express my emotions and feelings in poetry. I write a lot of rap/hip hop stuff. I'm really vulgar. Deal with it. I don't get many reviews, but thank you to those who even bother to re.. more..

Writing