Surrender

Surrender

A Story by NotNobody
"

This is an old memory of mine, maybe not exactly as it happened but close enough.

"

For me, the happy ending was never an option. I remember watching a scene performed by a fellow student in my high school theatre class. She was a very talented girl whose name escapes me now, performing a scene in which she played a little girl hiding behind a sofa as her father screamed at her mother, violently yelling. I remember imagining the father there, spit flying from his foam soaked lips, shoulders tensed to his ears, his forehead red with passionate anger. The little girl behind the sofa crying hysterically the first time his hand pounds into her mothers face. I can see the blood strike the carpet. I can see the gleaming satisfaction in his eyes and the lusting for more. Watching this, imagining this, in the middle of class I cried. I cried not for the little girl, not for the poor beaten mother, but I cried for myself.

 

A kind soul found me there crying in the dark lit room and held my hand. She explained to me how she was beaten as child and tears began to flow down her rosy red cheeks. Justified, I thought. Her tears were justified. Could I tell her? Could I tell this sad caring soul that I cried not because I too had been beaten but because when I looked upon the face of this rage filled monster I saw myself.

 

I cried not because I was sad, not because I was hurt, but because I was finally excepting my fate that I would never and could never allow myself to become that monster that I knew then, I was born to be. Every person I see, I know I am a danger to them. Every female who looks my way is a potential victim. Every little girl or little boy is someone I could have been destined to hurt.

 

Every day I don’t try, every day I sit in my own pity is my gift to the world. Looking back on this memory I still see my face in his. I see the portrayal of a young girl scared, crying for help. I see the real thing holding my hand crying from the memory of a monster.

 

I now cry because I am sad. Because I am afraid it is too late. I am learning to fight this monster and I am learning to think that maybe I could be happy. That maybe I could care for someone other than myself. I cry now, because I am scared that while this hope grows in me, I still see my face in his. 

© 2013 NotNobody


Author's Note

NotNobody
This is not an actual story but a memory of mine. I'm just kind of talking about its impact on me in this piece. I don't intend on doing any editing, this is just a little release for me but I hope you enjoy and please feel free to leave a comment, I encourage them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Jason, if your not going to edit this then there is little point in a constructive reveiw, it is always better to put things into words were you can and I hope that this is based fairly thinly, it would have been more stronger if you had given the girl a name-once we relate to a real (or realistic person) we take him or her to heart and the story is more beliveable.
Above all keep writing by doing so you only get better.
Will

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NotNobody

10 Years Ago

I honestly could not be more offended right now. Jason? Really? That's my brother's name. My name is.. read more
Will Neill

10 Years Ago

Sorry about that I did not mean to offend-I just read it wrong, my son in law is Jason and I suppose.. read more
NotNobody

10 Years Ago

No offense taken. It's actually one of constant joys in my life, giving people a hard time for mixin.. read more



Reviews

Jason, if your not going to edit this then there is little point in a constructive reveiw, it is always better to put things into words were you can and I hope that this is based fairly thinly, it would have been more stronger if you had given the girl a name-once we relate to a real (or realistic person) we take him or her to heart and the story is more beliveable.
Above all keep writing by doing so you only get better.
Will

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NotNobody

10 Years Ago

I honestly could not be more offended right now. Jason? Really? That's my brother's name. My name is.. read more
Will Neill

10 Years Ago

Sorry about that I did not mean to offend-I just read it wrong, my son in law is Jason and I suppose.. read more
NotNobody

10 Years Ago

No offense taken. It's actually one of constant joys in my life, giving people a hard time for mixin.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Added on July 2, 2013
Last Updated on July 2, 2013
Tags: Memory, anger, surrender, abuse, happy, ending

Author

NotNobody
NotNobody

San Diego, CA



About
Well, My actual name is Justin. Born and raised in southern California. I am a twin, my brother being one minute younger than myself. When I was in middle school I remember receiving my first comp.. more..

Writing