Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Andie

~ Prologue ~

The quick pull of a trigger let out a ear-splitting bang. What came after was the thump of a body coming in contact with hardwood floors. A small boy looked with wide eyes at the bloody body of his mother on the ground. His dark hair dripped into his eyes, but he could still make out the scene. The woman's normally tan skin was void of all color, her long black hair was swimming in a pool of red that was growing around her. Her bright green eyes were sill as open as the hole in her forehead. The man behind the madness, stood perfectly still. His arm still extended and his fingers still wrapped tightly around the gun. His face was almost as pale as his bloody wife's. His eyes bounced back and fourth from the gun to her body.

"Josh, go to your room." The man's voice finally rang out, but cracked on the word 'room' He commanded himself to lower the weapon, and made eye contact with his son.

"Joshua, get to your room now!" The father called louder to his unmoving son. That time, there was no sign of fear traceable on him. The booming voice pulled small Joshua out of his thoughts long enough to run. The six year old's feet took as big of steps as they could on his way to his room. Once he made it, his tiny body slid under his bed; the place he hid when things got bad. Dust bunnies moved back and fourth from his face as he breathed. Normally, the sight made him giggle, but at that moment, he'd forgotten how. He heard the sound of heavy being dragged across floor followed by a swear from his father. Josh didn't notice he was crying until he tasted the snot running down the back of his throat. He pinned his hands over his ears and forced his eyes to shut. Maybe he would open them and be in his mother's lap, and she would be singing just for him. He was slipping from reality, and falling out of his mind. His neck went limp, and his cheek rested on the floor. Sadly, once his eyes opened, his mother was no where in sight. He found himself sitting in the car seat that lived in his dad's car. Bright lights were flashing outside of the window, accompanied with piercing sirens.

"Daddy...?" His sweet voice called out for answers. His tiny chest pushed forward on the straps of the child's seat he always hated. A familiar sight greeted him. The bloodied face of a man who was missing a portion of his head. A high pitched whimper swam past Joshua's lips. Not a second later, the driver side door was yanked open. The boy quickly sat back in his seat and closed his eyes. He could hear shouts from whoever opened the door, but paid no mind to them. A few seconds later, one of the back seat doors opened, and he was being lifted from the seat. Cries were tearing away from Joshua's lips as he kicked and trashed. Normally, he would never fight being removed from the dreaded seat, but at that moment, all he wanted was to be in his mom's arms.

"Calm down, you. We're going on a trip." Said the woman holding him. Her voice was like honey, and she smelt of fresh cut roses. Those facts relaxed Josh just a tad. She pressed him into her chest until he could no longer fight. Limp in her arms, she took him back to one of the many squad cars that were gathered around the tiny house. A man sat behind the wheel of the car, and the honey voiced woman took the passenger seat. Joshua was firmly planted on her lap. As the car pulled out, he closed his eyes and pushed his face into the woman's chest, wishing for yesterday.


© 2013 Andie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

whoa. that was really really good. i would write more but im speachless right now

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andie

10 Years Ago

Thank you! :D
Awesome write, the first paragraph had me hooked till the end. You are a really great writer, very vivid.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andie

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much.
*squeak*
O_O
BWAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL, MAKE MORE D':

I rated it 100,000 and it yelled at me. o,o

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Admiral Kirk

10 Years Ago

Heh, same. o.o
screw this.

10 Years Ago

o.O

I hate this 10 character rule thing. -_-
Admiral Kirk

10 Years Ago

*laughs a*s off*

I know, right? :'D
My eyes burn. I couldn't take them away from the screen, and I read the entire prologue without blinking. That is so sad. Can't wait for what happens next!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andie

10 Years Ago

Aha thank you very much. (: I'm working on chapter one right now.
Love this! got me to read this and your words made me follow you through out the story nicely done :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andie

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much (:
This is very interesting! I cannot wait to read more!


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andie

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
I find this to be very well written and somber. I can't wait for more of these. Job well done my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andie

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much.
Aw it's so sad but so well written!this is amazing great job:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andie

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much. Chapter one won't be nearly as sad. lol
Megara

10 Years Ago

Ha ha ha but I'm sure it'll be just as great:)
Andie

10 Years Ago

Thank you. ^^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

446 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 17, 2013
Last Updated on July 17, 2013


Author

Andie
Andie

TX



About
Eh. more..

Writing
Blood FLow Blood FLow

A Poem by Andie


Disorder In Me Disorder In Me

A Poem by Andie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..