Them, us, and Bottlecaps (WiP)

Them, us, and Bottlecaps (WiP)

A Chapter by Numerology

I am incapable of operating out of the sphere of my own selfishness, and so are you.

It is the human condition, and despite our self-loathing for it, the fact we can not see all of the poor dying of hunger, dysentery and poverty is an undeniable blessing which allows us to continue our days truly believing that the world is somehow, fair.

For if we did witness such things, and observed such anguish and horrors, our minds would surrender control and no longer function.

We must use fluffy, pretty language to coat the rusting wheels of life; to disguise the hideous underbelly of fact, to hide it from our personal truths, our self-serving fictions.

The overzealous hero in you might say; but the truth! We must seek truth at all times, we must chase it and learn it; dreaming it and being it. We are mandated as sophisticated beings to demand it!

Whether it be the cynic in me, the psychologist, the writer, or the innocent boy in me, I can not say, but I am very sure that truth on the existential, philosophic and logical scale in its cruel, calculative form would bring naught but destruction upon us.

What good is truth when it will be denied, altered, or posited only upon a special few? How can truth be beneficial when it will cause suffering and destruction, without granting us understanding, due particularly to our own incompetence?

How can we feast upon the fine gourmet that is truth, when we have been fed, and deeply desire to be fed lies?

We are so audacious and foolish as to claim sophistication, claim intellect and ingenuity, when everything we have made, indeed, for all of our advancements, we are rotting as a society, atomizing and faltering, preparing for war against each other, insecure and unenlightened.

United only in our fear of being together, different only in that we refuse to help each other, and once the lights go out, when our cities lose power and the shining distractions are removed; you will see the true savagery of those who proudly boast being the most sophisticated creatures on Earth.



© 2018 Numerology


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on July 10, 2018
Last Updated on July 10, 2018
Tags: Philosophy, Cynicism, dark


Author

Numerology
Numerology

Dayville, CT



About
I am many things. As a quick nod to the glorious and disgusting breeding grounds known as online dating sites, I enjoy long walks on the beach, playing chess and league of legends, making poetry and h.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Numerology