The Demon

The Demon

A Poem by Nwang

I am a demon
Heartless and cruel,
In darkness I hide
The shadows my friend.
From daylight I turn away
A moonless night my only escape,
I am cursed
To a sinful life
And beneath my disguise
I am a man without a face.

Still I met with her
An angel who sings,
Her footsteps as light as the feather,
Her scent a mixture of strawberries and rain,
Her heart as free as the western wind,
Her hair thick as autumn leaves.

I am a demon
So how can I fall in love,
I am not supposed to feel;
I lurk in darkness,
The nightmare from your darkest dreams.
There is no love in me
There is no empathy;
I am the merchant of hate
I am that monstrosity.

So I remain in shadows
As she dances in the sun,
Watching from the distance I am content
As she smiles and laughs
Without shedding a tear.
For I cannot share her paradise,
I am a demon I will make it burn.

© 2016 Nwang


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh this is really ravishing. I loved how the feelings are flowing fluently through words and the last line simply puts me in awe. Loved it a lot.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nwang

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading through my work. Really appreciate your thoughts.
Simply beautiful is all I can say. I love the concept and the flow and stanza break up add ease to the poem without distracting the reader from the theme. It's an excellent piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nwang

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your review :)
I still wonder what people's hearts feel, yours hit me with lots of sentiments that are lurking into your soul. I loved so so much your poem, thank you for sharing with us Nwang.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nwang

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your wonderful review ^^
Roselyn Rose

7 Years Ago

most welcome :)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
My introduction to your writing........
I loved the way you developed the plot. I like what you wrote in the last section about watching from distance n being content. That is a bit in contrast with what you wrote in third section about lacking love and empathy.
But I do believe such possibilities are there where beings are disillusioned about their own character.
You lifted the character of this demon with your last two verses. We see a gentle man demon.Very nicely written piece.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your write.
Thanks for sharing. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I guess certain people just aren't meant to fall in love...so it's more comfortable for them to lurk from afar. I hate seeing someone perceive themselves as a demon who is unable to love, when we are all capable of love if we just allow ourselves to be vulnerable. I really enjoyed the descriptions you've included in this, it helped make the poem flow and tell a meaningful story.

Posted 7 Years Ago


very well written poem and the contrast between good and evil or between demon and angel is shown very well.

keep on writing!
love it!
Thanks for Sharing!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nice contrasts between good & evil. I like the 2nd stanza most of all, as your descriptions are whimsical & creative, with nice sensory comparisons. Your descriptions of the monster-like characteristics are strong & convincing in most places . . . but . . .

This one line was a bump for me: "I am not supposed to feel" . . . in all the other "monster" descriptions, there is an assertive convincing tone, but this line conveys uncertainty, which seems inconsistent with the rest of the "monster" character portrayal. If you are suggesting that the monster is actually FEELING something, then more needs to be revealed about this crack in the monster's armor, to make it believable for me. You do reveal some vulnerability in the last stanza, but I'm talking about developing this trait a little more, much earlier, when you're first suggesting this weakness. All in all, this is a very small bump in the overall effectiveness of your descriptions.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nice poem! I love the contrasts on this one.
good job! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nwang

7 Years Ago

Thank you @thaleeyaLuna, your words mean a lot ;)
thaleeyaLuna

7 Years Ago

You're welcome! You are very talented. Keep writing. :)
It is such a beautiful poem! I loved reading it. : )


Posted 7 Years Ago


Nwang

7 Years Ago

Thank you!!!
Very beautiful poem.Your feelings are expressed in this poem .Loved it! keep on writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nwang

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!!!
Arooj Purra

7 Years Ago

you are welcome.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 7, 2016
Last Updated on August 7, 2016

Author

Nwang
Nwang

kolkata, west bengal, India



About
"When you can't change the world and you don't want to change yourself. The only thing you can do is create a new world." I write to express myself, my views and my opinions. So this is my world. .. more..

Writing
Ties that bind Ties that bind

A Story by Nwang


Branded Branded

A Poem by Nwang


Boundaries Boundaries

A Poem by Nwang



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..