Compartment 114
Compartment 114
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Chapter 2 Pg.3

Chapter 2 Pg.3

A Chapter by Nya

Chapter 2 Cont.
--------------

I've got a new social worker.

I'm always getting new social workers.
I guess they don't have the patience or time to put up with me.
Just the way I like it.
My new social worker is supposed to be one of the best ones around.

Stuff about how he has a perfect record with kids like me and something like that.
I honestly don’t care.
I met him 2 months ago. He was short, had black hair, pale skin, and a stubbly hairs on his chin.
If I had to guess I would say he looked Asian.
I thought he might be ok,
until he opened his mouth.
Now I don't like him.
At all.
Go figure.
Look like I'm going to break that perfect record of his.......
Anyway, I should be getting ready right now.
Knock.
But I'm not.
Knock.
And I probably won't.
Knock.
Instead I'm laying down on my mat-bed, in some kind of awake-sleep limbo.
Knock.
My social worker said I have an interview today with another foster home, and to get ready early.
Knock.
Too bad for him.
Knock.
I’ve already decided I’m not going.
Knock.
Knock.Knock.Knock.
OH MY GOD!!!! WHO THE HECK IS KNOCKING AT MY DOOR!!!!
I threw the covers off me, stood up, and walked across the room to the door.
I opened it and back up a
little.

'I hope you've realized I'm not going anywhere.' I said as my social
worker stepped in.
'Ali! You’re still in your pajamas? You should be ready by now! We're going to be late!’ He went on and on, in my mind all I heard was
'Ali! Blah Blah Blah I'm an idiot Blah Blah Knick Knack Paddy Whack Blah Blah'
I just told him I'm not going, but he completely ignored me.

Does he not listen?
'Can't you hear? I'm not ready because I just said I'm not going.
Maybe if you used your ears instead of your big mouth you would have heard me.
I know, I know. Given the expression on your face I must be going to fast for you. But don't worry about it, all you have to do is turn around and get the heck out of this room. That should be easy for you right? Unless your dumber than I thought.
In case you haven’t noticed, you can leave now.
Go.'
I made a shooing motion with my hands but I guess he didn't get the message because he just stood there and started talking.
Again.
Idiot.
'I'm not going to deal with you today Ali. Go get ready.' he said.
I rolled my eyes
‘Aren’t you SUPPOSED to 'deal' with me? Is that not your job?'
I was going to continue but he interrupted me before I could get my next sentence out.
' No Ali, My job is to help you.
To make sure you get placed with the right family. A PERNAMENT family. Where you'll be happy.
But I can't do that if you keep fighting me!
Don't you want this?-
I stopped him right there.
Who does he think he is?
Ugh!
He doesn't understand anything about me,
or he would know when to just
Leave.
Me.
Alone.
Can't he get it through his thick head? I glared at him.
'Can you leave me alone! I don’t want to go! No, I forgot, you can't! Anything I say goes in one ear and out the other. I'm not going.
Never, never, never!'
As I said this I could see his face turning red. I could tell that I finally dug under his skin.
Tsk, tsk, tsk.
Here I thought I would never get him mad. He has been so disgustingly calm and patient with me. It looks like I've finally done it.
I'm proud of myself.
His hand made a fist, which he banged on the table as he practically yelled
'What’s WRONG with you Ali! I-'
'Oooo, looks like your getting mad!' I teased in my annoyingly squeaky voice. I hate being 8.
Anyway, I pushed further.
'Are you sure you should be screaming at me like this? Maybe you need some time to calm down, your face is REALLY red.
Your book says not to get mad when I’m being difficult, instead
find out why and help me.
But we both know you’re not very good at your job, are you?'
I had gone through his bags while he was out, and found his counseling book.
I had to keep myself from doubling over with laughter when I read it. He should really hide his stuff better.
He opened his mouth again.
'You know what Ali? You may not think you do but you need my help. Do you plan on spending your life here being miserable? No, you don’t. You want to be happy, but you won't be unless you let me help you, instead of blocking me out.'
'Do you know WHY I block you out?
Maybe you should look in Chapter 8 of that book of yours.
It’s really interesting actually, how you probably think it can solve your problems about me. But you know it can't, because I'm too much for you, aren't I?'
Suddenly I was angry.
Not my usual angry but something.........different.
Like a small fire in my chest.
I felt like I was going to blow up,
so I did.
'This is STUPID! Why am I fighting with you! I said I'm NOT GOING and THAT IS IT! Get out. NOW.'
As I said this I could hear my voice change to something more....commanding.
My social worker, I could see fear in his eyes, backed away from me,
as if I would hurt him if he didn't. Maybe I would.
'I said NOW!'
The whole room started shaking. Strands of my hair flew up,
so did the water on the table, shaking and splashing.
I didn’t notice.
'C-c-calm down Ali. Don't w-w-worry about going. You don’t have to. Just-just calm down alright?'
'Liar! You’re just saying that. Well, no, no, no, no, no!' I yelled as I stomped my feet.
I walked across the room to my bookbag and grabbed it.
I'm glad I never unpack.
'No.' I continued, a little bit calmer,
‘it’s not going to be ok.'
I strode over to him. He backed away.
For an 8 year old, I'm pretty tall.
Also thin and kind of wiry.
If I wanted I could pass for 11, maybe 12, easily.
I realized he was a lot shorter than I thought. I was just as tall as him.
' I'm not stupid, if that’s what you think. I know I'm getting out of this place one way or another, WITHOUT you. In fact, I'm doing it right now.'
I walked to the door, stopped, and turned to him.
'Your right you know. I think I don’t need your help, because
I DONT NEED YOUR HELP.
I can do fine all by myself, and I'm going to prove it. I'm going to walk out that door, and I am NEVER coming back.
And also, I'm warning you now, DON'T FOLLOW ME.
He stared at me stunned.
I smiled and opened the door, slamming it behind me.
That felt good.
I waited a few seconds, but he didn't come after me.
'Wow' I thought.
' I must be tougher than I think'



© 2011 Nya


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on July 26, 2011
Last Updated on July 27, 2011


Author

Nya
Nya

Villa Rica, GA



About
Umm......I like pizza:) I'm 14 and I like to draw and write. I like stuff with action and adventure in it. I'm really nice and I like to read alot. I also like manga and anime, anything that is good t.. more..

Writing
Chapter One: Avian Chapter One: Avian

A Chapter by Nya


Chapter 2 Pg.4 Chapter 2 Pg.4

A Chapter by Nya