Masshiro (Pure White)

Masshiro (Pure White)

A Poem by Nya Joy Simmons
"

This poem captures every essence and aspect of a snowfall.

"
I shuffled across slickly paved sidewalks cracked and shaded with a variation of white and clear tones
.
The sun was dangling on a string in the sky going back and forth through massive deep gray clouds.

A chilling breeze whispered indefinite words into my crimson lobed ears as it danced by.

Ground cracked beneath my feet as I walked and left a trail of shattered crystal glass.

Blue and White jewels grasped the edge of the shingles on rooftops trying not to fall and hit padded white ground below.

My secluded footsteps trailed behind mimicking my steps. Scattered arms on frail brown poles rustled in communication, bare and broken.

My sight was glared by yellow, green and red flashes controlling mobiles at its command.

Salt cellars were no longer locked as the white crystals hastened to the frozen bottoms.

Gray silhouette animations played behind the large white screen with no audio but that of whistling winds and breezes.

A tall pale building stood before me. I checked my watch, and entered.

© 2013 Nya Joy Simmons


Author's Note

Nya Joy Simmons
I worked very hard on this piece and so I would only appreciate constructive criticism.;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really liked this piece a lot - it had great emotion, a wonderful muse, and fantastic imagery.The words were perfectly used and the metaphors were great My only comment, and this is only personal, is that it should have been single spaced. With the way you keep the reader glued to their seats, double spacing it sometimes detracts from the concentration.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nya Joy Simmons

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I appreciate this type of feedback!



Reviews

great prismatic imagery. it is clear that the person is cold by their 'crimson lobed ears'. blue and white are great descriptions of icicles. you also portrayed light and shadow with the gray sillhouettes. every line is vivid and alive. excellent job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really liked this piece a lot - it had great emotion, a wonderful muse, and fantastic imagery.The words were perfectly used and the metaphors were great My only comment, and this is only personal, is that it should have been single spaced. With the way you keep the reader glued to their seats, double spacing it sometimes detracts from the concentration.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nya Joy Simmons

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I appreciate this type of feedback!
It's fantastic! I really like this. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very descriptive one...Bravo.....................

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nya Joy Simmons

10 Years Ago

Appreciated! I really enjoy this piece as well, I am very proud of it!:)
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Good . You are welcome...:)...................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 27, 2013
Last Updated on November 27, 2013
Tags: Snow, White

Author

Nya Joy Simmons
Nya Joy Simmons

Boulder, CO



About
"You have to be in the dark in order to see the stars." more..

Writing
Dearth Dearth

A Story by Nya Joy Simmons



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..