You

You

A Poem by Nya Joy Simmons
"

As life goes on, you just have to be you.

"

YOU
By:Nya Simmons

Too many people try to be like someone else. They strive to be like something they are not. We were all born with the blessing of personality. Some of us funny, modest, happy, or shy, whatever you are, it is special, unique, and is the person who brings together you. So why give up that  personality to be a nobody. And yes I did say, nobody. If you try to be like someone else, than who are you? Are you like your quote on quote best friend and like boy bands and makeup, or do you decide to be you, the girl who wears cackis and always has your nose in a book. If you strive to be like someone else, I promise you, you will end up in this stressful situation! Some day your "friends" will forget that you exist (happened to me before) and leave you in the dust. You will be the last corn left in the field, alone, forgotten, scared. Now what? Do I continue to be who I'm not, or do I go back to who I really am. Seems easy to decide right, just go back to who you are correct? Yet no, it isn't easy, especially after a lifetime of being part of clicks and unreal friendships. You will have become one with your fake personality, and realize it's almost like your not even you , the Mary you use to no doesnt even vaguely exist. My point is, dont follow and be you, because YOU is the person that becomes incredible and well known. YOU is the person that gets the front cover for finding a new element. YOU is the person that gets the new album you had been striving for for years ! YOU IS THE PERSON THAT CHANGES THE WORLD!

© 2013 Nya Joy Simmons


Author's Note

Nya Joy Simmons
I hope you enjoyed! And if you read it please review because I need it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow Firecake46! You're such a wonderful, articulate writer! It's funny because I just joined Writer's Cafe' today and the first thing I posted is a poem I chose to entitle, "YOU!" How coincidental is that?! I invite you to read it. Well, you keep up the good work! As Dr. Seuss said, "Kid, you'll move mountains!"

Posted 10 Years Ago


Thank you for sharing...:)..............................

Posted 10 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by this poetry author.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)............................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 27, 2013
Last Updated on November 27, 2013
Tags: You, life, personality

Author

Nya Joy Simmons
Nya Joy Simmons

Boulder, CO



About
"You have to be in the dark in order to see the stars." more..

Writing
Dearth Dearth

A Story by Nya Joy Simmons