5.

5.

A Chapter by Nymphe

5.


Elementals have been neither seen, nor even heard of, in over a millenia, why on earth would they show themselves now, all for the sake of interruptig your daughters trial?” The Queen shook her head, her forced laughter echoing hollowly around the chamber. When there was no other laughter to join her own, she tapered off, noticing with some trepidation the awed expressions on many a Fåries face as they stared up at Mirabelle now.


Elementals were around long before the Fae came to be.” Mirabelle said in her many voices, clasping her hands tightly together before her as she gazed out with eyes as clear as the sky outside. “We were no longer needed to shape the worlds as they grew. We left remnants of ourselves where we were needed, while we ourselves rested.”


Elementals are supposed to be Guardians,” the Queen said, covering her confusion with her anger. “If what you say now is true, and if you are indeed who you say you are, then how can this have come to be? How can it be that the situation is so dire, you've finally chosen to show yourselves now?” Mirabelle hung her head, shaking it sadly as though she were greatly troubled by something. Dalun slowly inched closer to his daughter, concerned that the effect of the powerful beings may be wearing on her.


We were deceived.” Mirabelle's voice was filled with a terrible sadness, and when she looked up from her toes once more, Fåries throughout the courtroom gasped at the turbulent shade of deep blue her eyes displayed. “Somehow, any call made to us was... diverted.” Mirabelle shifted uncomfortably, clearly disconcerted that such a thing had occurred at all. “Whenever you prayed to us, whenever the earth called to us, something got in the way. Nothing could get past this obstacle. We have been delving into this, but there is only so much you can do when tinkering with the foundations of nature, lest you wish to destroy it.”


Then how can you be here? If whatever was supposed to wake you wasn't getting through, how is it you came to be here just perfectly in time for this judgement.” The Queen asked, curious despite her distrust of the entities residing within Mirabelle.


This girl,” Mirabelle said slowly, raising her hands to gesture towards her own body. “There is a... purity. It breached the borders of our slumber, and once awoken we could feel the awful pain of the worlds.” Mirabelle hugged herself, her arms wrapping tightly around her own shoulders, as if she were in great pain. She frowned heavily, until Dalun placed his hands over her own. She opened her eyes and smiled thankfully, raising one hand to pat at his cheek gently. “Your daughter is a brave and true soul, she has brought us back to the world and for that we shall be eternally thankful... provided eternity is not limited to the short time we have left. You should feel proud, Dalun, High Chancellor to the Queen.” She whispered, her words for his ears alone.


I have always been proud of my children, they have always surpassed my expectations.” The Elder admitted. Mirabelle smiled and turned to the other Fåries gathered in the courtroom.


You think this sickness is limited to the Human world, that you will be safe locked within your own realm, but this sickness is not natural. It will not stop, until you are all destroyed. We cannot tell you much of it, for it is difficult to closely examine that which wishes to kill you. All we can tell you at this time, is it was created for the purpose of destruction.” The courtroom exploded with noise, wails of despair mixed with cries of outrage. Furious bellows all but drowned out murmured prayers.


How can you possibly tell such a thing?” The Queen demanded, her own concern spiking despite her best efforts to deny what the entities were saying.


Because we know every natural creation of every world. This is not a natural sickness, it was created for the purpose of destruction alone and it is achieving its goal with impeccable accurateness, however,” Mirabelle paused, and every Fårie waited with baited breath for her to continue. “There is a small chance, that we can still save the Fårie Kingdom.” Sprites danced happily through the air, small sounds of joy excaping them, as Fåries large and small began to whisper or shout their prayers to the ceiling.


How? Please, if it saves my people and it is within my power then it shall be done.” The Queen said, her eyes pleading for the secret to the salvation of her realm. Mirabelle smiled secretively, stepping off the edge of her platform, and slowly fluttering to the ground before the Queen.


You should consider hearing the details, before pledging yourself to a cause child.” Mirabelle sneered, her cold eyes swirling with a streak of amusement despire the anger deep inside them. “What if the only one who is actually capable of saving your world, is currently sleeping within your dearest Coccoon?” The Queen paled, raising one hand to her breast, before she frowned and turned a light pink.


Those who reside within Coccoon, are wicked, and deserve their punishment. They cannot be released.” She said, holding her head high as she slowly traced her eyes across the chamber. Mirabelle's grin grew.


Well, then I suppose its only in your favor that this Fårie is an innocent?” She drawled, and the Queen gasped as the implication suddenly snapped into focus for her.


No...” She whispered, but Mirabelle's laughter drowned her out completely, her smugness over the situation impossible to contain.


Oh, yes!” She cackled, gleefully.Oh, I can not wait to meet her!”




© 2017 Nymphe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on December 22, 2017
Last Updated on December 22, 2017


Author

Nymphe
Nymphe

United Kingdom



About
I love to write, though I battle with depression at times, which can be a real hurdle... I have a passion for the written word, its far better than any drug could be to me. I want to share that passio.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Nymphe


2. 2.

A Chapter by Nymphe


3. 3.

A Chapter by Nymphe