Him...

Him...

A Story by Shawna Powell
"

True story once again about a great friend of mine that I've run away from for one reason or another.

"

I knew after our first kiss that it wouldn’t be the last. It was too perfect for that. What I didn’t know was how much trouble that kiss would cause, how much confusion.

            At sixteen, my friends knew me as “the innocent” one. Always last to fight and always first to forgive. I was eager to please, always had been, and my need to keep people happy has caused more problems than I ever thought possible. But now I know; now I realize.
            I stood just inside the doorway of his house, looking deeply into his eyes. Naked. That’s how I felt. Completely naked. Robbed of words, explanations, reasons. All I knew was that if I walked out the door, I would never be welcomed back. My voice had betrayed me. Although I had the perfect words resting on the edge of my tongue, I couldn’t seem to speak them, like the tears aching to flow, they were trapped.
            Nobody understood how fragile he was. Jude had always been one with the ladies. He knew how to seduce, how to romance, how to kiss, but that’s never enough. It’s because of people like me that it is never enough.
            Chad’s car hummed in the driveway. He, no doubt, was trying to calm himself down. We had been dating for two months, and although Chad had fallen head over heals for me, I felt no emotional attachment to him at all. Why was I with him? He was a scape goat! When I was with him, I was safe. I was untouchable. Being in a relationship, I could hide from the ever growing attractions to a boy I knew I could never trust completely. At least, I told myself I couldn’t trust.
            “me… or him…” Jude repeated, his voice shaking with the same trapped tears I felt.
            “… you…”
            Judestared at me, looking as surprised as I was at what I had said.
            “There was never any competition.” I explained. “I need you in my life.”

© 2008 Shawna Powell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ohh! That was good. You had me about on the edge of my seat in such a short amount of words.
Thanks for sharing.
Love All,
Mejasha

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
1 Review
Added on February 9, 2008

Author

Shawna Powell
Shawna Powell

North Bay, Canada



About
Hello :) My name's Shawna, I'm 20 years old and am currently in college for Theatre Arts and am loving it! I've been out of the writing scene now for almost a year and have decided it's about time .. more..

Writing
5 w's 5 w's

A Story by Shawna Powell