My Love

My Love

A Poem by L. Catherine

A simple kiss
can mean many a thing.
It can express affection
for those whom you love unconditionally.
It can represent the sorrow
of those leaving your life, but
It can represent a new beginning in the people you meet.
It can convey even love,
one of the most fascinating and exquisite of feelings,
yet it cannot even begin to explain You.
You are perfection personified,
each detail of your persona heightened,
no matter how small,
with absolute adoration, passion, and kindness,
making my heart soar through the heavens.
With just a simple kiss,
You represent my love,
the most powerful and beautiful of all emotions
and through that kiss,
I know that I will never stop loving You throughout time.

© 2013 L. Catherine


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
K.G
I love how much emotion I feel through this poem :3 it also has like old poetry vibe to it like how people from edgar allen poe time would speek. I love it! And I miss u! Srry Ihavnt been around

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful. Simply beautiful

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Before I begin, don't get discouraged, read it all the way through to the end. You might end up liking what you read. I just have to get some things out of the way.

The first thing I noticed was the size of your text. Did you do that on purpose? If so, please don't. It makes it really hard to read. Too small or too large texts is very distracting. If people have a hard time reading text online they can adjust their screens, you should keep your text normal size. It's about what you say, not what your poem looks like.

The next thing I noticed is the second line "many a thing." Did you really want to say that or did you want to say "many things?" Don't be worried if the count doesn't add up or the rhyme isn't perfect. It doesn't have to be to make it work. "things" and "unconditionally" can rhyme.

Next thing is you capitalize "You." again, I don't know if you did that on purpose, it might have been spellcheck. But don't do that, again, it distracts the reader from the purpose of the poem. And if it is spellcheck, make sure you read over your spell check, it doesn't always get it right.

Now, that being said, the important part of a poem is its content and how it's said and what it's talking about. Distractions get in the way, but do not destroy the meaning.

A kiss can be so many things, and it can be nothing. It's an expression of emotion (but if the emotion isn't there, a kiss is meaningless). You did a good job capturing that emotion. You take us inside of you, tell us what you want, who you want, and why. How this person makes you feel and how you want them to make you feel. It is intensely personal, telling the reader what your heart is telling you. You did a beautiful job capturing who you are as someone who loves. Who is possibly, in love. And love is beautiful. The most precious and amazing thing in all the world, and through a kiss, you know it.

So, all in all, a beautiful poem, but it has too much make-up. Lessen up some of the distractions and let the words speak for themselves. They are beautiful words and need to be read. If you do that, let me know, and then I'll rate it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


hmmmm, I wonder who this could possibly be about, lol, adorable poem dearie

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 18, 2013
Last Updated on August 18, 2013

Author

L. Catherine
L. Catherine

Storybrooke, ME



About
My name is L. Catherine and I, like many of you out there, am a writer. My whole life I've grown up with a vivid imagination and seeing things differently than other people, always wishing and believi.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by L. Catherine


Two Two

A Chapter by L. Catherine