Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lulu
"

Micheal and Jake are on their way to there last stop for this job, or at least that's what they think. Little do they know their families have history with this. Why was it kept a secret?

"
As Micheal and I walked up to the grave, my hair on my arms stood up. That has never happened. I'm nervous about this one, and from the looks of it Micheal doesn't like it to much either. His face looked like he had just saw a ghost. 
"Can we just get this one over with?" Micheal asked as he looked over to m. He was scared, he felt it to, the feeling that somethings not right. 
" Yea, the quicker the better, and lets hope its here." I said as looked around, we have never been here before,  and it didn't look like it was to friendly. Micheal handed me a shovel as I set down the bag with the first dream catcher. It's about 2 A.M. and I'm exhausted. I want to go to sleep and never come back. 
"I don't like this, at all. Wonder what the coffins gonna look like because this grave stone looks like something a King would be buried with." Micheal said while we're digging.  The stone is weird, it's as tall as me and I'm 6'1. And there are marking all along the sides. The front and the back have one big marking, one I've seen before. I don't remember where, but I've seen it before. It is a circle with two slashes in the middle, and a wolfs eye between the slashes. 
"I don't know but its going to be real fancy." I said. I had just shoved out more dirt when Micheal hit something. We dug faster because we wanted out of this place. As we started to see more of the coffin I saw a name. So it was one of the fancy ones, only the richer people have their name engraved on the coffin. I always know who we dig up , but this time we decided to try this one because of the grave stone. As the letters on the coffin started to appear, I stopped, and so did Micheal.
"Does that say Edwin Smith?" Asked Micheal. 
"Yea." I said stunned.
"Isn't that your great grandfather?"
"Yes."
"Wow." Said Micheal. I don't understand though. He wasn't rich, he lived in a trailer, the one I live in now. As I opened up the coffin, I saw first, the last dream catcher. Then I would be able to leave this town, this life. I could leave all behind, or could I? I have to find out why this is here, and why he was rich. There's no way I am leaving right now, because I want answers.


© 2017 Lulu


Author's Note

Lulu
Haiiiii

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great setting, great and interesting story-line as well. Could use some editing for example "un-dug" is grammatically incorrect and takes away from the story. Try "dug up" as well as keeping consistent to check easy fix errors like "there" and "there". Otherwise great job! The only work to be done on the plot is why did they not know the name of his grandfather till it was found on the coffin? Was it not on the gravestone? Maybe explain a bit more. Keep writing it's great!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I am definitely not a hater. This is an intriguing start. You've got me hooked. I want to know what this is all about. Please post more, or i will be very frustrated to not find out what happens next.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Lol oops "their" and "there." (Autocorrect) sheesh

Posted 6 Years Ago


Great setting, great and interesting story-line as well. Could use some editing for example "un-dug" is grammatically incorrect and takes away from the story. Try "dug up" as well as keeping consistent to check easy fix errors like "there" and "there". Otherwise great job! The only work to be done on the plot is why did they not know the name of his grandfather till it was found on the coffin? Was it not on the gravestone? Maybe explain a bit more. Keep writing it's great!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 21, 2017
Last Updated on July 21, 2017
Tags: #history, #family


Author

Lulu
Lulu

About
I do not care what you think. I like to write and I will still do it no matter the haters more..

Writing
So close So close

A Chapter by Lulu