Nirvana Aligned

Nirvana Aligned

A Story by Odones
"

A short piece I wrote some time ago. Just using it to test the waters here.

"
….There was that brief silence where nothing mattered while he looked down the end of the firearm. That crushing sound of fire and steel and bloodshed, it was nirvana aligned; and him taking one more step towards it.
How glorious, the sound of his firearm. That would rip apart the hated and damned at his own command. It was his salvation, his life, finally held within his own two hands. It was his to control and direct; the little authority he had in this world was when he had his firearm.
Without it, he was weak. He was just another man, another body waiting to hit the floor. He knew a trade, and had knowledge of his own, but that didn't matter if he could be taken so simply.
It was his gun that gave him power, gave him a life to live and a future to have. He owed more to the eight pounds of steel in his hands than to anyone else left in the world. Given the conditions, he would have it no other way....

© 2010 Odones


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not bad. I think in the beginning it should be ...there, but that's me. Not bad.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A pretty nice, horror-type feel to this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amazing short tale.

Posted 13 Years Ago


From the style and the flow you have written here, I say you should write horror novels. That's just me, though. Albeit if you can write better then do so.
Welcome to Writerscafe.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Welcome to the cafe, lol. Pretty sick way to start the library.


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 26, 2010
Last Updated on May 26, 2010

Author

Odones
Odones

NY



About
Okay then, about me. I'm eighteen and male just so we can avoid any confusion. Some of my favorite things to do, aside from writing obviously, would probably have to be kayaking and playing videogames.. more..

Writing
Another Fight Another Fight

A Story by Odones


The Difference The Difference

A Story by Odones