The Story Begins

The Story Begins

A Chapter by Ogiri Pedro
"

Walker and Emma in a journey went face 2 face with Death...

"

It was February 26, 2012, seven years after Walkers death. Emma immersed herself in the enthralling realm of demon mythology in a part of her adventure. Each old book and obscure tradition revealed fresh secrets to her, and she grew determined to learn the truth about the cryptic Blesh curse. That frightening incident shocked her to her core as she dug deeper into her studies. She felt a presence lurking in the shadows while strolling through a dimly lit alley one evening. She increased her speed instinctively, attempting to shake the weird feeling. Her concern heightened when she observed a shadowy creature pursuing her.

Dread coiled in her chest, and she tried to answer her phone, only to have the stranger photograph her. Fear coursed through her veins as she escaped the alley, leaving her to ponder who this mystery stalker was and why they were interested in her.

Her heart was broken, and she was consumed with misery. While she was lamenting Walker's death, a sad reality became clear: the Blesh curse held a secret. Individuals that were bitten by a Blesh possessed the power to transform into humans, but the timing was unpredictable. She delved deeper into her studies, driven by her affection for Walker and a desire to bring others out of the shadows. However, her quest for the truth led her to another mystery�"a cryptic clue pointing to the power of time in undoing the Blesh curse. The curse may be lifted after a number of years, according to an old scripture, which means the the person who had been transformed into a Blesh can turn back into a human again with few problems, side effects of it, albeit the exact time span is unclear. 

Emma returned to her job, determined to put the disturbing episode behind her, when her coworkers greeted her with a wonderful birthday party. Unfortunately, in the middle of her excitement, she was dealt a tragic blow: a loved one of her life, Walker, had been killed by the exact thing she was studying. Emma was still depressed despite the surprise, which is when a new employee saw it and went to Emma to ask her why. She replied If you have a lot of time, I can go through everything with you in great detail. He said, "Yes, I have," which is when she began narrating the incident.

Walker, a 32-year-old railway ticket collector, was unhappy as he reflected on the promotion that his colleague had earned but he had not even after his hard work. Walker is not promoted because he is not as proficient as his colleague in collecting fines from travellers. His colleague is a tough guy who doesn't mind collecting the penalty. Walker encounters Emma, another colleague who was a railroad prisoner. Walker is drawn to Emma, but he has never expressed his emotions to her. Walker will be doing the night shift today because his teammate is on holiday. When the train departs, he attempts to collect the ticket from female passenger, but she is out.

 

When Walker asks her to pay the fine, the girl answers, "I had brought the ticket as per the protocol, but my ticket has been misplaced". Walker claims that you must pay the fine at all costs since it is required by the travel regulations and that you cannot disobey the rules. Walker says his one of rail employee, if I want to receive the promotion, I can sit only after collecting everyone's tickets, and unexpectedly it is raining outside. 

Walker drifts off to sleep while seated. The train has stopped. The driver informs him, since there was a problem with it. The train breaks down, and the driver discovers a dead deer after exiting the vehicle that had been crushed under the track. In an effort to pull the deer away from the railway line, the driver turns around and checks the wildly swinging bushes after sensing someone behind them. The driver is then attacked by an unknown person.

 



© 2024 Ogiri Pedro


Author's Note

Ogiri Pedro
Ignore grammar problems, and any problems in dialogues?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on February 22, 2024
Last Updated on February 22, 2024
Tags: #Thriller, #Dark, #Romance, #Suspense, #Action, #Supernatural, #Mystery


Author

Ogiri Pedro
Ogiri Pedro

Hyderabad, Telanagana, India



About
15 year old highschooler wanna be an actor, director. A Writer. more..

Writing