Scythe

Scythe

A Story by Jean Carlos
"

Its a small story. Was bored and decided to just write whatever I had in mind.

"

 My father and mother have always been a nuisance, it simply makes me sick to have them near me, but I have no other option but to live with them. Whenever I feel like a complete piece of s**t I resort to playing video games all day and night it’s what keeps me from feeling hurt. In real life I am no one other than Elmer Spade son of Kevin Spade and Lucy Spade. My parents simply left me for granted saying I was born with no talents so I invested my time into videogames and trust me when the gaming company Zero Lux released a launch date for “Scythe”, you would be able to tell I was simply excited to finally be able to leave this hell of a place we call earth. I had a couple of connections to the company and managed to get a lot of info on the games classes, tips, and important quests that would lead to receiving the best items. Scythe was a game focused on levelling and stats placed on your character, it was a fantasy game, and as soon as I received all of this information I started to memorize every single detail so that when the day would come I would become the strongest player in the game, but my own philosophy is different for I aim to become stronger so that everyone shall fear me not so they can rely on me. I greedily await as the days pass by and I managed to get the game along with over 100 thousand people worldwide. As soon as I logged into the game I was asked which race I would like to be.

Warrior: Carries a sword and shield and focuses in close hand to hand combat. Plus 10 strength and defence, are granted with a common sword and a wooden shield.

Magician: Channels your inner energy and allows you to wield the power knows as magic, it is a force to truly fear once the abilities are honed. Plus 10 mana and intelligence with a Staff as a starter weapon along with a starter elemental power. Fire, Wind, Earth, Water, Electricity

Archer: With a bow and extra agility stat points you will be a ranger which specializes in top speed attacks and long range. Plus 12 Agility and a Bow.

Demon: A class which lets you start off as a low class demon, described to be vermin but contain a hidden power among their kin. Eating their enemies boosts their strength. Balanced stats, upgrade in dark arts.

Cleric: A religious warrior who has great healing capabilities in order to help the weak or the strong aiding their comrades in any type of battle. A shield and a Mace along with the spell heal to regenerate wounds slowly.

Elf: With only a small amount of them left these noble creatures are facing extinction, they seem to have a keen eye for trading and can bargain for great prices. Has a higher advantage fighting in the woods and can tame monsters.

I was already informed of these classes and their ups and downs but I knew exactly which class would fit the persona I want to be and it would be none other than the demon. As soon as I chose the demon class it asked whether I would like to be born in the capital or near the woods where level 1 to level 3 monsters reside. For a name I chose to be called Elmer my real name and as soon as I choose ok my eyes closed and the moment they opened back up I was in a small hut along with the very few players who decided to spawn here. As soon as I managed to log in I simply just left going solo towards the woods while others simply formed parties and started making friends. As soon as I was far enough from the hut I decided to take a look into my inventory which was completely empty…. All I had was 3 health potions along with my small sword and common armour equipped. But this was not going to stop me from levelling up so I went straight to a place where it would be hidden enough and I would have all the wolves to myself. I could feel my heart racing when I saw that first level 1 wolf feeding off of its prey a small boar and decided to take this moment to my advantage, I went quietly without making the simplest of noise and swung my sword towards the wolf beheading it completely, I gained 12 exp and after eating it I received 8 exp. It was great to know I received a 3/4th exp boost by eating what I killed. After grinding for a couple of hours I decided to go back to the hut to heal and rest. I think I did fairly enough for today I raised to level 2 through grinding the level one wolves and seemed to earn a nice amount of silver coins.

© 2016 Jean Carlos


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

476 Views
Added on March 31, 2016
Last Updated on April 3, 2016

Author

Jean Carlos
Jean Carlos

No man's land, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico



About
My goal is to increase my ability in writing and reading overall. The few days I have been on this site have been great. I enjoy reading other people's work and can relate to them. I am currently a.. more..

Writing