Cloud Nine

Cloud Nine

A Poem by Dream Weaver



After years of affection that we’ve supplied, is there no more passion left burning inside? We barely speak or even steal a glance; we turn away from each other as if in a trance.

 

The days grow longer and the nights seem colder, the fire has died into a betraying smolder. All the laughter has turned into pain, all the smiles washed away with the rain.

 

What we were and what we are now, are two different people ignorant to the word disavow. Seasons change and so must we, because all we do now is just disagree.

 

So this is it, there is no more, time to let our lonely hearts soar. You with yours and me with mine, searching for that perfect cloud nine.

 

 

© 4/1/13

© 2013 Dream Weaver


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nicely penned DreamWeaver...Everyone wants that cloud nine...its hard to find though,
and if you do a lifetime of history stands in the way...enjoyed your words.SyberRose.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thank you Rose can I call you Rose? Cloud nine isn't a bad place to be and if ever you find it, hold.. read more
SyberRose

11 Years Ago

You sure can.
Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

:)
It is sad that so many people stop trying once they get together... no one tries to be romantic or go out of there way to show their love because they get complacent... that is like not watering your prize roses cause thwey are in full bloom.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thank you my friend, your point is well taken...and I absolutely agree!
Stirring look at the quenched fires of love reduced to dying embers; I can hear the deafening silence in those walls. More fodder for poetry's fire, but the pain still lives and breathes within our spirits. It never goes away, we just learn how to live with it. We can only try to "Write Our Way Outta The Blue"

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thank you Veronica, I couldn't agree with you more! I hope all went well last night, drop me a line .. read more
Any wind I had beneath my wings, you just depleted with this one! Sad story, yet so true, too often, the person that you adore barely gives you the time of day, time doesn't heal wounds under any circimstances, it just moves it along slowly. Distressing & captivating read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thank you dear Frieda, you know I'm already agreeing with you...and such a kind review to boot! :)
God can I relate to this or what...the dissolution of the illusion, yeah? ;-) Not everyone has the guts to make that move, and what's left is the dregs of a relationship, all spent and flaccid. Good stuff here...raw and emotional...with a blast of hope there at the end. Keep searching...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thanks Kimmer, I believe many folks can relate to this one. A tale of co-dependency that went on for.. read more
KAOlmsted

11 Years Ago

I heard that ;-) My pleasure, always.
Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

;-)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
PP
That is so real, story of dying love..beautifully placed with words! I don't understand why is that time has such a power over love! This is an awesome piece :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


PP

11 Years Ago

Mark my words, they are stronger than oak!
Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

I don't wanna be overpowered...after all I'm still a man lmao!
PP

11 Years Ago

LOL! I see

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 1, 2013
Last Updated on April 1, 2013

Author

Dream Weaver
Dream Weaver

Paradise, FL



About
Just a few vids from my musical side.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..