7) O'ahu, Hawaii

7) O'ahu, Hawaii

A Chapter by LiveLaughLove

  It took a few minutes to actually get to the island. I guess it was because it was so far away. It was like walking through a tunnel although no one was moving. It was like if there was a moving floor under us. Propelling us foward from my backyard to the island, but much faster. As we got closer to our destination, I could see we were going towards a beach. Well a beach's parking lot. It was half empty and partially filled with people. We were heading towards a spot that had people by it and that wasn't good.

  "You guys. Focus on going to the side. Where there aren't any people around! Come on!!! Focus!" We barely moved out of the way in time or else we would have crashed into another car. Lucky us.

  "Where are we?" Elias asked as he and the others got out of the car.

  "O'ahu" I answered him.

  "O'ahu?" he asked confused.

  "Yeah, my parents went here on their honeymoon and I saw the pictures they took, so I pictured O'ahu." I said.

  "Oh, well, that makes sense. I was just picturing a beach and pretty girls." Elias replied.

  "Guys," Nikolet said rolling her eyes and smiling.

  "What do we do now?" Tania asked. I looked around and saw some buildings, the beach, and some metal news stands. Nothing helpful.

  Suddenly an idea came to me and I went over to my car. Thank God for technology I thought and turned on the GPS in my car. "You guys go ahead to the beach, I'm gonna look for a hotel for us to stay in for a few days while we look for somewhere more permanent." They all agreed except for Zache, who stayed with me, not wanting to get sand in his "priceless shoes".

  When the GPS finally loaded, I was confused. I knew I could find hotels and things like that with the GPS, but I didn't know how. Usually, I put in a specific destination but I didn't know how to find a hotel. Zache saw my hesitation and took the GPS from my hands.

  As soon as he touched it, there was a shock sound as it glowed and was like something in him made the GPS go to the hotels.

  That was so cool, "You can control technology and electrical things." I said.

  From there we found a hotel and stayed there for the night. The next Day we were going to go look for a house or apartment that fit our criteria.

*****

  The next day no of the girls really wanted to get up. But the guys....  they were checking out the view. Lucky us. Our rooms faced the beach and the guys were using it to their full advantage.

 

  When we went downstairs, we were lucky to catch some free breakfast in te lobby. I had made waffles for me and got the paper from a newstand nearby. I was looking for the page where they listed the for sale properties and was looking for a house that was kind of away from other houses. Yesterday we had counted up all the money that all of us had together and we came up with about $17,000. Yes, I know that's a lot for 11 teenagers but we all liked to save our money and were also saving up for college, but there was no point in that.

  A few of us, okay just the girls, had went into my car and were house searching for the day.

 

  We had checked out all the houses on our side of the island but couldn't find the right house. They were either too small, to expensive, or surrounded by too many other properties. We found nothing that day, so we were all leaving tomrrow to go to the other side of the island. Only we had one problem. We needed at least one other car. But the guys had a solution. They said that they weren't able to take the cars back home, only the stuff.

 

 After sundown, me, Michael, Olivia, Scarlet, and Kenneth were going to the parking lot of the national park we had gone to and get the cars here. Luckily, there was no one there when we arrived. And we got out of there as quickly as possible. With Michael and I holding the portal open back to our new home. Olivia got in her silver Porsche Boxster Convertible. Scarlet got in her bright red sports car. And I mean TURBO sports car. That thing was FAST. Kenneth got in his black convertible. And they all drove threw the portal that kept getting smaller and smaller. Holding that thing open was like stetching out a super huge rubber band that was made out of bubble gum.

  That day all I did was collapse head first onto my bed. The others were going out to check out the land, but making the portal and keeping it open so long had tired me.

 

  The next day, when I woke up, I had a pounding headache. So I got dressed and went downstairs walking around to the stores to see if they sold any aspirin around here. Turns out they did. After walking around for a while I found a supermarket and went to the medicine section and sure enough, there it was. Atfer I got that I got a water bottle, some candy, yes even when I have a headache I always wanted candy. Right when I got out of the store, I took some and swallowed water and walked back to the hotel. Everyone was in the lobby, getting something to eat I wasn't in the mood to eat but someone had made me breakfast. Turns out it was Tania. She was always so nice. I was glad to have someone like her as a friend. I shook my head and leaned back in my chair. At first she was softly pushing the waffle against my lips but since I refused, she started shoving the waffle down my throat. She was small and sweet, yet fiesty and sometimes demanding. Did I mention she could be really stubborn? Well she could. I chewed reluctantly. Not wanting to choke on it and she smiled and put some OJ in front of me.

  After breakfast we got all our stuff shoved it into the cars and setted out for the other side of the island.

  I saw an unpaved road leading up to a house I couldn't see and by the entrance there was one of those for sale signs with a person on it. I went up the road turn a corner and saw that the road here wasn't dirt but cobblestone. Like the kind from Italy. The house was beautiful. And big. And there weren't any other houses around. I loved it. I parked the car in front of the house and got out.

  "What are you doing?" Tania asked. She was the only one else with me. All the others had gone with Olivia or Kenneth and put the duffel bags and stuff in my car.

  "What else, I'm going in." I said. Heading for the big mohagany door. She had no choice but to follow me into the house and I doubted she was gonna regret it. As we searched the house, we found out it got more and more beautiful. In one of the rooms, a business woman was there showing around a middle-aged couple.

  "Hello, can I help you?" she asked with a smile.

  "Oh, um, we were actually wondering how much the house was?" I said.

  "May I ask why? You seem a little young to be buying a house." she asked.

  "My mom saw the house but couldn't come here, so she asked me to ask for her." I said copying her smile. "Is there a problem with that?"

  Now she was the one stuttering. "N-no I was just curious. As I was saying before, the house will cost about $48,000 and theres no extra cost for all the furniture and appliances. Now, the $48,000 will have to be paid over two years. This is a pretty good price because all you have to pay for is the house. The only extra costs will be for the gas and water. Not the electricity. There is a river by here and an electric generator that powers the house."

  "Thank you, I'll remember that." I said and grabbed Tania dragging her with me out of the house. "Tania, we just found our new house."

 

  I had a plan. The next day I was going to come back as my mom. Yesterday, I had been thinking about a really hot guy. and acidentally turned into him. I was going to do the same with my mom.

  I got us the house and we that day we all  moved our stuff into our new house. We fought over the rooms and finally got settled. The next few weeks were pretty normal. We went shopping for food and plates and pots and utesils and tiolet paper and stuff like that. Ugh, the only thing I didn't like about this new life was having to get a job. Our bills wern't very big. Lila could handle the water and occaisoinally Scarlet would use her own fire to cook intsead of the stove. I was glad to have so many talented friends.

 

  Tommorow, we were even going to go play paintball. How fun. I could finally have fun. I wonder who would be my first target. Hmm...



© 2010 LiveLaughLove


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hope you like it and ignore any grammar problems and please leave me a review. wheter good or bad. I don't care just leave a review.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
1 Review
Added on November 29, 2010
Last Updated on December 2, 2010


Author

LiveLaughLove
LiveLaughLove

L.A., CA



About
Me? I'm just a girl from sunny L.A. who likes to do fun stuff, stupid stuff, and be weird! I love being mysterious, creative, writing, reading and keep you guessing for more!!!! And I love exclamati.. more..

Writing
My Dream My Dream

A Story by LiveLaughLove