Things I found out about the Hard Way

Things I found out about the Hard Way

A Chapter by Nathan Weaver
"

Chapter 3. No explanation of ramblings.

"

Everybody hurts. Not necessarily at the same time or for the same reasons. Not everyone has the same mentality, stamina or fortitude. Choose your words and emotions wisely, or you'll hurt the ones you love. And no, hurting the ones who do not love you is nothing new its very old and exceptionally immature. It takes a stronger will to show kindness to someone who never does so to you.

Suck it up. Not everything is personal, some things are far greater than personal matters. Try to look at the overall picture of the issue and not just the "oh, I feel not so good right now." Anything spiritual isn't personal alone, but a matter of morals and standards and guidelines. Therefore discussion and reasoning must take place. And these are matters of belief and conviction, not personal vendetta or opinion.

It's not easy. For everyone, there are those times when it is not easy. Sometimes we look at others and think, "They've got it made--they've got it easy." But their time always comes, and sometimes it's even when we're envying their "easy" life. It's not easy to find someone who cares, it's not easy to find magic in pairs.

Just because we disagree with someone, does not mean they are not honest or sincere. They may just be ill-informed. Or, a novel idea, we may be the ill-informed one after all. There's room for everyone in this world, would everyone make some room.

Sometimes the easiest button to button is the closest in proximity, but it is also the hardest button to unbutton. A friend betrayed is a friend unmade. Making a new relationship is easy, rekindling a used one is harder. It takes greater patience and understanding, forgiveness and discipline. It takes two to tango, just as it takes two to tangle. So, would you rather tango or tangle? If you chose the latter, you'll find that someday you'll run out of partners. No one wants to tangle forever.

In the end, you will find that all things that are hard and complex are usually much more simplified than we make them. We humans have a tendency to get melodramatic (or over-dramatic, if you prefer).

These are just a few things I found out about the hard way. Just as spit in the wind comes back again, the things you learn about will come around again. So, learn your lesson and behave better in future conditions. You see, you'll find that the same stuff comes around in different outfits--but the method for handling such things never changes. It's not easy to share somebody's dream; it gets easy when you work as a team.



© 2009 Nathan Weaver


Author's Note

Nathan Weaver
The quotes that are italicized are lyrics from Disney's "Pete's Dragon." One of my personal favorite films.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on January 27, 2009
Last Updated on January 27, 2009


Author

Nathan Weaver
Nathan Weaver

Rolla, MO



About
Well, I'm not a big fan of writing about myself. Nonetheless, here goes... I work full-time at the Missouri University of Science and Technology as a Video Production Specialist in relation to Distanc.. more..

Writing