"Drill Baby Drill"

"Drill Baby Drill"

A Poem by Endless Rain

Future so bleak. The oil spill has left me weak. Corporations ravaging the land, but the creatures of the land can not make a stand. Instead they are covered in sludge and suffocate to death on the sand they call home. We sit behind our televisions with our hands tied while watching the oil desecrate mother earth. Our Government, BP and other various organizations will tell you what the damage of the oil spill is worth. The damage far exceeds paper money: People's livelihoods, creatures, marshes and our future beaches are ruined as the oil washes up the coastline and taints mother earth. We will blame each other and others will finally understand the devastation when it hits their own turf.

© 2010 Endless Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I watch the news everyday, and it seems as though the efforts are going no where, while everyone is playing the blame game, there are innocent living creatures going through hell for something they didn't cause. I like this poem, and it needs to be shown to everyone, it has truth in it. I may not live near the gulf, but i can still feel the pain.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

BP calls us the "little people" but then who's footing the bill and cleaning up the mess? I guess money votes louder than votes and we do dump a lot of money into petrolleum, so Washington ends up working for Petro. Oh.. and BTW... Nice write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The destruction from this oil spill has left me wordless to write about it. The oil in the world will continue to get more and more risky to recover as we use up the easy resources. I wish we could find a way to stop using oil in such quantities that we are required to take this kind of risk. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I watch the news everyday, and it seems as though the efforts are going no where, while everyone is playing the blame game, there are innocent living creatures going through hell for something they didn't cause. I like this poem, and it needs to be shown to everyone, it has truth in it. I may not live near the gulf, but i can still feel the pain.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 7, 2010
Last Updated on June 7, 2010

Author

Endless Rain
Endless Rain

lost



About
Age: Almost 22 Profession: Solo musician/writer I can sing and I've been playing guitar since I was the age of 4. Favorite Music: Melodic Death Metal Interests: Music/Writing Love or Hate Me .. more..

Writing
Wish Wish

A Poem by Endless Rain


Summer Summer

A Poem by Endless Rain


Pirate Pirate

A Poem by Endless Rain



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ The Unreachable ~ The Unreachable

A Poem by


~ Neon Love ~ Neon Love

A Poem by