Broken

Broken

A Poem by Edens Lily
"

When I look at the world we've created- this is what I see. Correct me if I'm wrong

"

You come into this world all perfect and  new,

No taints, no smudges  no reflections of what should be, and what is.

Mirrorless and pure, we set about on our way; watching the world go by through blue-tinted eyes.

Our journey begins on a smoothly paved path, no bumps or pitfalls- lined with sicamore and oak, through which our morning sun shines.

We skip, we crawl, we jump- anyhting but walk. Anyhting but run.

The hand  that has always been there suddenly fades.

It's shadow lost in the afternoon sun.

There's no-one in front. No-one behind. No-one to pick us up when we can no longer crawl.

No-one to catch us when we fall..

No matter where you reach, the branches break, the hands let go. Faces dissapear.

The clouds set in, the evening is here.

No longer is there sicamore, no longer is there oak.

The concrete jungle appraoches, it's wilderness so stark and so grey. The pungeant smell of disinfectant hangs on every wall.

You no longer have a shadow but a bleach stain on the brick, known only by a number- the stench makes you sick.

You can't skip, can't jump- can barely crawl at all. Nothing but walk.

People's faces become curtains desperately drawn in fear. Pulling their young from the windows, their emotions never to be seen. For if they rally, if they show.

The government will take their bodies; break their souls. And wash them till they are 'clean'.

As you walk through the forest of cement, leaves of propaganda fall. And from the trees seeded with lies;lay beasts of red, beasts of blue.

Their teeth flashing in the now setting sun,

Their claws beckon, their snarls become speech, they become what look like men.

Men in suits, men with power, men in white coats.

No shkipping, no jumping, no crawling, not even walking. Nothing but running.

And I'd like to say, that as the moon sets up camp in a velvet field;

we somehow get away, fight them off- awake to a brand new day.

But we both know that's not how it goes.

© 2009 Edens Lily


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

that is how life is these days...an excellent write...i loved the lines "People's faces become curtains desperately drawn in fear/ no jumping, no crawling, not even walking. Nothing but running." they are just so true...
we just keep running all the time...moving through the concrete jungles...
a wake up call indeed...that is so how our life "shouldn't be"... cause that's not how it was meant to be...we missing onto so much...
thoughts on how we're missing the "LIFE" in our lives...

good work...i really liked it...keep it up!!!

regards
barricade....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

that is how life is these days...an excellent write...i loved the lines "People's faces become curtains desperately drawn in fear/ no jumping, no crawling, not even walking. Nothing but running." they are just so true...
we just keep running all the time...moving through the concrete jungles...
a wake up call indeed...that is so how our life "shouldn't be"... cause that's not how it was meant to be...we missing onto so much...
thoughts on how we're missing the "LIFE" in our lives...

good work...i really liked it...keep it up!!!

regards
barricade....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting imagery in this write. I enjoyed reading very much.

The High Poet


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2009

Author

Edens Lily
Edens Lily

Winchester, United Kingdom



About
'Cognito ergo sum' the easiest way to describe oneself in a second. And I am madly in love with the love of my life; my daughter my life and what i have become along the way. I'm truly happy with life.. more..

Writing