Entry 5. Aegistropic

Entry 5. Aegistropic

A Chapter by Ric Miner

Aegistropic

A mental disconnect from your own beauty

Our younger years can be tough. Somewhere along the line the indomitable monster called abuse shows up. The shadow of the beast can take many shapes: sometimes verbal, mental, or physical and other times emotional. All of the times, it changes us. From the inside out. They say Attitude is everything. That attitude shapes the way we see our world. Well that monster called abuse can eradicate your attitude. And your heart. Replacing it with a gaping hole. It's at this point, that we begin to forget our inherent beauty, and all it took to make us. That it took whatever mystery was before the universe to explode, and for the gases that followed to form, that eventually led to the first stars being born. Those stars were our original ancestors. They gave us life. All of that beauty had to happen for us to breath after we left our mothers womb. And all of that was erased the moment that hole was bore into us. We forget. But just because the cup has been emptied, doesn't mean it cannot be filled back up.




© 2017 Ric Miner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on October 12, 2017
Last Updated on October 12, 2017


Author

Ric Miner
Ric Miner

West Chicago, IL



About
Mostly a poet and lyricist. I'd say I'm here because I'm looking for an outlet, and feedback, since my friends are sick of being a sounding board, and I'm pretty sure none of them are Engl majors lol... more..

Writing
Table 1 Table 1

A Poem by Ric Miner