Seek Me

Seek Me

A Story by Orpheus

Desolation. An empty feeling in my heart. This, and the picture on the pillow next to me, were all that I woke to, in a room I knew upon waking  wasn't mine. The walls were bare, a spartan attitude echoing from the plaster. The morning light was reflected from the stark white walls, making it unbearably bright. Unconsciously, I reached out behind me, feeling the window I knew was behind me for the drawstrings. Upon finding said strings, I pulled them down, then went back to my inspection of the room, or to be more precise, the vibrantly colored picture next to me.

The picture was of a woman by fire streak skies that told of an autumn dusk. She wasn't an outstanding beauty, but had a pressence or charm so strong, I felt it through the picture. She had red hair, or auburn, though the dying rays of the setting sun lit it into a fiery brilliance unlike any other. Fair was her complexion, though a slight smattering of freckles across her nose gave her an air of mischief. She wore a green dress, but it wasn't very fancy. More casual, plainly made, with a matching green scarf and beret. She seemed to be bent over the photographer, hair cascading down, intertwining with her scarf. Her hazel eyes held a profound depth, the eyes of a person who could see every fault in your soul and love you fully in spite of them.

I put the picture down, perturbed by the feeling of recognition I felt stirring. I knew not why.

As I shed sleep like a heavy coat, I became more and more aware of what was happening around me. From the window behind me, I heard the rumble and murmur of a busy street, softened by what could only be the height of the building. The sun was coming directly in through the windows, which told  me three things. First, it was a little bit past dawn; second that the building I was in had to be situated facing west, at an open avenue of any kind; third, wherever we were was a relatively clean city, with very little amounts of pollution in the air

© 2008 Orpheus


Author's Note

Orpheus
It's not exactly finished, will be adding on as I go.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on December 20, 2008

Author

Orpheus
Orpheus

MS



About
I'm a normal person. I write because I enjoy doing so. Me, personally, I'm none too confident about what I'm writing, but others who read it say that I'm brilliant. I specialize in short stories and p.. more..

Writing
Hatred Hatred

A Poem by Orpheus


Distance Distance

A Poem by Orpheus


Wanderlust 2 Wanderlust 2

A Poem by Orpheus