Chapter 1: The Average, Normal Day

Chapter 1: The Average, Normal Day

A Chapter by OtakuWriter

Once I opened the door, I felt the surrounding jet black smog fill my lungs. I wheezed and coughed as I strolled to my bright blue car, which was barely visible.  I opened the door, sat in the leather driver's seat, strapped in my seatbelt, and started to drive.

It was just like every other day. I drove to school, then to my part-time job as a waitress at Rob's. Then, I'd go to the supermarket to buy some more bottled air. Those run out extremely quickly for some reason. It'd be like any other day. Except, it wasn't. 

I arrived at school. It was the same scenario as every other say. No one would speak to me. I was all alone. If only Kate was here. She was my best friend since Kindergarden. She passed away a long time ago. Too much smog was in her lungs. The more I thought about her, the more I wanted to cry.  Great. Now I was going to mourn in front of the entire school, not that I cared about being popular or anything, but it isn't a good feeling when you cry in public. It makes you feel soft. Like a little crybaby. That's not what I am, though. I am a woman that has survived on her own, in the worst possible conditions. I sucked it in, and stopped myself.

School, as always, was boring, uneventful, and dragged on for all eternity.  The final bell rang, and I sprang out of my chair and to the door. No one dared to go outside. The black smoke covered the entire high school. It was somehow much darker, and it was now pitch black. Even I dropped my mouth gradually in shock. Even the masks couldn't help us get through this. Soon, the cloud of darkness would seep through the walls. I could die right there. In a school. Lovely. No one would even be able to find my body. 

Crap. I couldn't think of any way I could get through the smog. Even if I could go through without the dreadful darkness filling in my lungs, there was another problem. I wouldn't be able to see.  Nothing would be visible. Unless I had some magic trick up my sleeve, I could die right there. Without any friends. Being completely alone in the world. The only thing I had for company were my pets, family, and fictional characters. I wished I could find some way out, then, a lightbulb appeared above my head.



© 2016 OtakuWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on April 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 26, 2016