Yardstick

Yardstick

A Poem by PP

They bought a yardstick 
Measuring - was on their mind
He started with his height 
It fell short by couple of inches 
He was disappointed; he sighed 
She then measured the girth around her waist 
It set her back few feet 
Annoyed she was because it was too big.. 

Not a spec did the stick record 
When they placed it between their hearts..
They then slid it by their lips
They couldn't believe how big was their smile..



 

© 2014 PP


Author's Note

PP
Longing for something creates great poems, anticipation makes amazing poets :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

All of your work is very good, but would be good to have heard this from the horses mouth? Maybe the course could have been changed long before?

Posted 10 Years Ago


The way you address this in a measurement...between the lines...and the path --- which the verse goes about to the audience and relates in a way different to every person...no matter the span...the equation to this leads one to an answer...
...the bond and separation are bound...yet the destruction of the latter is just as equal to lead in a different direction...if one or the other does not meet the verdict to the end...either way falls apart...the measure is the length...in which one can endure...and not stray in a different direction altogether...
...of course...here you're talking about the good part and not necessarily the other...one must be blind...and not need a measurement...

Posted 10 Years Ago


love no matter what you look like bewteen to means nothing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nothing can measure Love and that is what really matters.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Original concept, Prathama! Indeed, it seems that we are judged on so many things that do not matter... Thank goodness for Love's yardstick!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Not a spec did the stick record
When they placed it between their hearts..
They then slid it by their lips
They couldn't believe how big was their smile..

Great write and metaphor.

Posted 10 Years Ago


i agree with leslie...love the originality...

lovers come in all shapes and sizes and all that matters is that the two love each other, and can smile with happiness and joy...the hell with others who judge them, it is their loss.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Like this a lot, well observed, and much more original than much poetry posted here. Good write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


PP

10 Years Ago

Thank you Leslie :)
This was unique for you have added the measurement aspect as far as weights , height , girth and so forth. But I take it as the heart is immeasurable as you say. Thank you for penning...:)............

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleasure always...:)...............
PP

10 Years Ago

....................:)
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

:)...........................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 18, 2014
Last Updated on February 27, 2014

Author

PP
PP

Leeds, United Kingdom



About
Read between the lines, Cos I don't talk straight. I might intrigue you/ confuse you/ cross you I might love you/ appreciate you/ addict you Depends on my mood of the day! more..

Writing
Jazz and Blues! Jazz and Blues!

A Poem by PP