Chapter 1:Numb

Chapter 1:Numb

A Chapter by Mal & Darr nee Pablo

The Laughter of children pierced through my ears, looking at them I sighed in despair. 
"H-h-happiness..why not me?" I said whilst moving my hand in, covering my face. 
"James, you okay mate?" exclaimed a rather husky voice from above, which seemed familiar. 
His tall silhouette illuminated against the harsh, melancholy background of towering palm trees. Looking into his hazel eyes I lost focus. Lost.
"Yeah, Im f-fine," I whispered gently as I got off the cold, hard ground and onto my feet. He towered over me.
"You do know its time to go home right? your dads probably worried sick, its been an hour since school finished." 
His words slowly faded away, I paid no heed to what he had to say. Drifting off I looked above me; Birds flooded through the heavens and so did memories. 
Memories of pain. Hopelessness. Fear.
But worry.. Thats a word that had become so unfamiliar during these past months. Its funny how you could be at the peak of the rollercoaster one minute and then the next.. you're plummeting towards the ground at high speed, with absolutely no control.

I gave a brisk nod and walked towards the bus station. Scenarios of what was about to happen flashed into my head throughtout the short ten minute ride home. They became more vivid and detailed as I stood infront of the large oak-brown door. The door of the place that I once used to call home.
Once. Once which seemed so long ago.
I look around me and marveled at the perfect exterior of it. If only one knew what lied inside. 
Against the will of my body, I opened the door.



© 2016 Mal & Darr nee Pablo


Author's Note

Mal & Darr nee Pablo
As this is a sort of intro, it is a little shorter so please do not mind.
Also, what do you think? Anything we can improve grammar wise? Or any spelling mistakes?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on March 25, 2016
Last Updated on March 25, 2016
Tags: Depression, Struggle, Life, Lost, Sadness, Hiding, Worry, Home, Happiness, Fear, Pain


Author

Mal & Darr nee Pablo
Mal & Darr nee Pablo

Male, Maldives



About
We are two writers who are just here to showcase our passion a little. Follow us on wattpadd (Pablouniversal) more..

Writing