Puzzling Piece

Puzzling Piece

A Poem by MuteMouthedWriter
"

A piece of the heart

"
We start as a whole puzzle while we figure out who we are. It starts with out family as we hand out odd shaped chunks of our hearts and minds for them to hold on to. Then the people we meet, whether they be friend or for, take a couple parts and they choose to keep or trash them. Friend or family aren't always what we expect, for when our backs are turned they can light those cardboard pieces of our heart on fire and throw them to the wind never to be seen again.
As we Age and give others those parts of ourselves our puzzle grows more and more complex. It makes sense why everyone is so afraid of one another, why would we frail humans give to those who can throw away parts of your heart at a moment's notice? Because as humans we hope to receive their puzzle pieces so we can put ourselves back together. It is no easy task to love and look through someone else's eyes, but those who constantly give, those who try to understand others, always seem to be the most broken. Why does this brokenness keep smiles on our faces, why do those who give but never receive have such a deep appreciation for life?

Simple. They see others missing parts of their hearts and find joy in matching up the pieces that have been thrown out. Even the simplest of puzzles can make the most beautiful picture. Don't take someone's compassion for weakness, because love isn't easy. Only those strong enough can give away parts of themselves without wanting anything in return.

© 2019 MuteMouthedWriter


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on March 24, 2019
Last Updated on March 24, 2019
Tags: Compassion

Author

MuteMouthedWriter
MuteMouthedWriter

Fort Collins, CO



About
I write poems to vent out all of my feelings that would otherwise stay locked inside. Mute, without ability to speak, mouth, with these we unleash chaos, writer for all those who need to connect on a .. more..

Writing