Star Dust

Star Dust

A Poem by MuteMouthedWriter
"

Gazing at the stars, wondering.

"
As I sit on my mountain side biding my time as burning day turns into sparkling night, I remember my youth and all of the ordeals that face us unyielding. Friends and family seem to pass just as quick as the sun breaks over the horizon. There seems to be a few things in this so called life that remain constant ; the sky that holds everything above, the always fleeting chronology of our lives, and the agreement between night and day to share time lighting up our world.

The night is my friend, as the shining stars above seem to help me remember no matter the distance there is always a way to shine upon those bathed in darkness. I peer across the twinkling night and see a star speeding across the sky. I try to reach for it knowing the cruelty of snuffing out a bright light that deserves to shine, but it does not burn me. I look in my hands and see the star had grown dim as I try to hold it in my tainted grasp. This star had traveled such a great distance to try and shine upon a source of life, I felt only greed and pain keeping it near me.

Knowing one day this star will grow brighter as it is free to fly through the night sky, I hold my hands and let it drift away from me. I allowed this star to get back to it's task of lighting up the night for others, with more love coursing through my body, I did not weep. Looking down at my sinful hands I realize the star left me two gifts. A residue of star dust illuminating the cracks in my palms, and more of a purpose to look up for my own shooting star that will brighten up this meaningful life.

© 2019 MuteMouthedWriter


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on March 24, 2019
Last Updated on March 24, 2019
Tags: Personification, Night sky

Author

MuteMouthedWriter
MuteMouthedWriter

Fort Collins, CO



About
I write poems to vent out all of my feelings that would otherwise stay locked inside. Mute, without ability to speak, mouth, with these we unleash chaos, writer for all those who need to connect on a .. more..

Writing