Star Trek: Rebirth Part 1

Star Trek: Rebirth Part 1

A Story by Rudy Menjivar
"

Captain Jeffrey Black of the Federation Starship Enterprise NCC-1701-J discover a wreckage in Federation space in what used to be the Romulan Neutral Zone. According to Starfleet records, it's the wreckage of the Scimitar. A ship built by a what used to b

"

Captain Jeffrey Black stared off into space from his quarters, thinking about all the other starship captains from the past, and thinking about how they felt becoming captain for the first time. He felt as if he had been staring out from his quarters for hours and wondered whether Ensign Decker followed his orders to head toward Romulus at warp 12.  Black sat back down onto his chair after feeling his legs hurting from standing up. He turned toward his monitor, checking his current heading. He was right on time. He's to be expected at the at the Romulan Senate, to give a speech to commemorate the the first time the Romulans and the Federation became allies after  Borg attacks on Romulan outposts created a coalition in defense against them. His first officer is Romulan, he suspected he would also make a speech, but according to him he's afraid of 'large crowds'. As Black finaly leaned back on his chair, he heard the slide doors to his quarters beep. "Come in". he said quickly getting to a straight posture on his chair. "Captain" said his First officer.  "We'll reach Romulus in half an hour. Have you finished your speech yet?" he asked standing close enough to Black, to sense his captain hasn't even started. "I'm getting there." he said trying hide his face from his first officer with his hands. His first officer laid a graphics tablet on his captain's desk and left. First Officer Tel'Vasir was the first Romulan he had ever seen. He thought, knowing how closely they resemble Vulcan, they would be more boring. But Tel, Black always had a nag of cutting people's names for talking's sake, actually looked excited when he first met his first officer during the inaugural launch of his new ship. Suddenly Black saw what looked like a green mist or cloud outside his force field window, but he soon remembered that Romulan space was and still is infamous for it's large green nebula surrounding it. 

© 2009 Rudy Menjivar


Author's Note

Rudy Menjivar
Please don't think my story's going to be boring. This is just the beginning. The interesting parts will come soon. Please tell me what you think. This is just a prologue. So far....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'll have to rewrite this thanks to orci and kurtzman's idea of destroying romulus.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2009
Last Updated on March 12, 2009

Author

Rudy Menjivar
Rudy Menjivar

Ontario, CA



About
My main genres are: Science Fiction, Mystery, Horror Minor Genres: Crime & Investigative I have decided to become a screenwriter/author I enjoy writing science fiction. more..

Writing