Star Trek: Prelude

Star Trek: Prelude

A Story by Rudy Menjivar
"

Takes place during the Cold War. Before the episode "Tomorrow is Yesterday" in The Original Series. It's unfinished. I haven't thought of anything else for it.

"

"Sir, telemitry givin by Sputnik 1 indicates the object is made out of a metallic alloy," said Kasir. "Are you sure?" said a voice a few feet behind him. "Yes, sir," replied Kasir,"It appears to be in high orbit above the planet," he said, looking at a primitive looking computer screen in front of him. "Sir, it appears to be a craft of some sort," added Kasir. "Sir, according to data we've been collecting, it appears to be over 220 meters in length!" said Kasir again, this time in an astonished manner. "Is it possible the Americans have already mastered space travel?" asked the voice. "I believe not, sir, the Americans haven't proved to have mastered space travel, let alone have the technological advancements to launch a vessel of such magnitude, explained Kasir still monitoring data telemitry from the screen. After a few minutes passed by the voice spoke again, "Kasir, is it possible to bring the object to the surface?" "I believe so," started Kasir, but before he could finish, he decided to turn around from his chair and face the owner of the voice, "With all due respect general, are you sure it is safe to bring it here?" Kasir asked a little nervous this time. The general stood up from from his seat, looking so intimidating, Kasir was almost certain his general was just going to draw his pistol and shoot him because of his insolence to question the general's motives. "All you should worry about," the genral started speaking with a deeper voice than earlier,"is if you can bring that object here for further study, without damaging it in the process," concluded the general, pulling at his military suit. The general was a large man. For a man of his age balding would be suspected, but he still has a patch of dark black hair. His face mistreated and wrinkled from what seemd a lifetime of servitude to the motherland. Finally after straightening his dark green suit, that Kasir was almost sure the military pins located on the general's left breast, would simply rip off, "Now tell me, can you transport it safely to this base?" Kasir thought for a moment, then decided it was safe to respond. "Yes sir, we can use the shuttle to transport it. We can lock onto it using magnetic clamps and pull it here." I thought you said the prototype was still being tested," said the general. "It was," asnwered Kasir, "We've recently finished, and the results appear reassuring," answered Kasir yet again. "The reentry will be the problem.." "Why?" asked the general before Kasir could even explain why. "The earth's atmosphere is very thick, making everything that passes through it burn up before they can enter the troposphere. "The shuttle will most certainly survive reentry, but the object will probably be damaged in the process because of reentry and crash landing," finished Kasir, before the general could get even more irritated than he already was. "The object will have to land in a large grassland area. "So be it," said the general finally walking toward a phone. "We just need to accomplish this as quietly as possible as to not get the American's or any other country's attention." "Give me First Secretary Nikita Khrushchev," the general said speaking throught the large red phone.

© 2009 Rudy Menjivar


Author's Note

Rudy Menjivar
Is it good, too jumbled up, or what?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

357 Views
Added on March 12, 2009

Author

Rudy Menjivar
Rudy Menjivar

Ontario, CA



About
My main genres are: Science Fiction, Mystery, Horror Minor Genres: Crime & Investigative I have decided to become a screenwriter/author I enjoy writing science fiction. more..

Writing