Still Silence

Still Silence

A Story by Padfoot630

Four frames stood silhouetted in the balcony, their stillness broken only by the occasional pass of a cigarette between them. Tired eyes and weary shoulders stood out sharply in the night, but tonight wasn't about that. Too long they had spent in the gaps, stuck somewhere between nostalgia for what has been, and what will be. In the gaps between chapters, where the void unfurls between panels of the story. Too long they had spent with their stories out of their hands with faceless shadows pulling strings as they saw fit. But tonight was different. Tonight was a night that silently slipped into you bones, quietly filing itself away for reference. For nights when you sat racking your brain over the ever elusive Why. Tonight, as the stillness of the city resonated with the silence in their souls, for once, they found peace.

© 2023 Padfoot630


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Gorgeous and beautifully put. This piece reminds me of the peace and stillness amid chaos I can attain by writing. It just brings me into a new Zone, you know. Look forward to reading more.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 31, 2023
Last Updated on March 31, 2023