The Twilight of Our Youth

The Twilight of Our Youth

A Story by Padfoot630

There comes a time in everyone's lives where we must leave the path we were on in search of a new one. Some of us like to comfort ourselves by pretending that it's not a compulsory choice, but deep down inside I know they know otherwise. Change is the only real constant after all.
So here we all stand, yet again at a crossroads, gazing off into the future. It's different this time. Too many variables and uncertainties cloud the lonely path ahead for us to even guess where we might end up. I feel the ache of unwilling acceptance settle somewhere deep in my soul, and ache so powerfully bittersweet that I can feel it settling in my very bones. But if there is anything I'm certain of, it's that the ache is for once, worth it. It's not everyday that you come across a place like this , a place that quickly became the definition of home, where once strangers now have bonds stronger than family between them. And what an adventure it has been. From friendship and love, laughter and tears, late nights and heartbreak, the profound nature of self discovery, to the drunken philosophies of Saturday nights. But all things must come to end, and this time is no different. So with sun kissed memories swimming in our eyes and hearts heavier than we care to acknowledge, we will say our goodbyes, heading down our now separate paths. Life will go on, because it must, but our hearts shall forever remain, Back in Manipal.

© 2023 Padfoot630


Author's Note

Padfoot630
This was an old piece from when I was leaving college

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on March 31, 2023
Last Updated on March 31, 2023

Author

Padfoot630
Padfoot630

Hyderabad, India



Writing