Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Tips and Tricks for Writing Literature Review in Sports and Exercise Science

Tips and Tricks for Writing Literature Review in Sports and Exercise Science

A Story by Pamela Rosser

Sports and exercise have been gaining a lot of popularity among people lately. Everyone wants to work on their health. So, there are many who are looking for answers. This indicates that exercise science is a topic that needs research. However, when you draft a research paper, you must apply extra care while composing the literature review because it is one of the most important parts of your report. In this article, we will talk about some tips on how to make your review the best. Then, we will also illustrate the process of writing a literature review.

Tips

The following is a set of tips that you may follow in order to enhance the quality of your literature review:

  • Expand the Scope of the Search!

When you look for past research into your chosen topic, you can use libraries and websites. However, do not confine yourself anywhere. Broaden your horizon. You are surrounded by information. All you have to do is just look for it. You can opt for newspapers, magazines, television and radio if you want to explore diverse channels. Also, why just look for research? You may additionally look at documentaries, conferences, books and articles. 

  • Enter the Accurate Keywords!

Every piece of content that you come across on the internet has keywords incorporated in it for search engine optimization. If you enter these keywords into the search bar at the time of browsing, it becomes a lot easier to access the content. Using the right keywords is very important. Remember not to make spelling mistakes. 

  • Never Forget to Cite the Source!

This is one of the most crucial aspects of making a literature review. You must always cite the source of the material. This is what legitimizes the literature review. In fact, there have even been instances where researchers have been sued for a penalty as they did not cite the source of a material they used in their paper. So, never forget that. It will add on to the element of authenticity.


Process

  • Search

This is the first step of writing a literature review. You need to access the research papers that past researchers have made on the topic. For instance, when you are looking for sports education benefits, you have to find relevant material. You may look for them in libraries or in websites. The latter is the preferable option. There are certain portals like Pro-Quest and G-Scholar that can assist you. 

  • Evaluate

Once you are done with the first step, you have to evaluate all the research material you unearthed. You cannot cite all the research material that you found. You have to limit it to a certain extent. After all, if you try to put in everything, then the literature review will be endless. So, you must allocate a degree of relative importance to every material you have. 

  • Identify

Once you have a proper understanding of how much value the research material holds, you can decide whether to incorporate it into your literature review or not. You have to identify whether or not it exerts any noticeable influence on your study. Your research objectives should be used as the parameter at the time of choosing.

  • Outline

This is about determining the template of the literature review. This shall be decided in accordance with your research format. Is the research exploratory, descriptive, correlational or explanatory? Is the paper to be drafted in the APA format, the MLA format or the CMS format? These are the sort of questions that you must ask yourself. 

  • Write

This is, of course, the final step in the process. Once you are done deciding which research material to incorporate and in which format, you proceed by putting it in writing. Do keep in mind that all the other steps in the process end up becoming futile if you do not follow this final step. So, some might even consider this to be the most important step in the process in a way. 

Conclusion

The main purpose of literature reviews is to acknowledge the work that has already been done in the field. It accredits the discoveries made by past researchers. It also helps you recognize the underlying gaps in the studies and, thus, steer your research into a relevant direction. It basically gives you a compact understanding of what is yet to be known so that your research can find that out. As long as you follow the tips and stick to the process, you will do well. Now, go be a good sport and kickstart your search. 

© 2021 Pamela Rosser


Author's Note

Pamela Rosser
There is a popular quote which says that self-help is the best help. However, that is not always true. Research is something that is never easy. There are many writing services available online that can assist you. In fact, Paperell is a classic example. Suppose that you chose a topic which has not been sufficiently explored before. That is when you face a shortage of available material. Under such circumstances, it is always a great advice to take some help.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

• Sports and exercise have been gaining a lot of popularity among people lately.

As against animals? And lately. In the middle of a pandemic when most sports have been canceled it's getting "popular?" Naa.

• Everyone wants to work on their health.

Really? Everyone? This line, alone would probably get a paper rejected. And you present yourself as someone competent to help students cheat in school?

• Once you are done deciding which research material to incorporate and in which format, you proceed by putting it in writing.

So after you decide what you want to write you should write? Seriously? Your grasp of the obvious amazes.

• When you look for past research into your chosen topic, you can use libraries and websites.

It's pretty obvious, that the one writing this has no actual experience in writing such papers, and so, is writing at such a generic level that the reader is never told anything but what a fifteen year old student already knows. If the student you're trying to hook doesn't already know everything you say they're not being promoted, grade-to-grade.

So in the end, we have another scammer spamming cut-and-past crap in hopes of scamming a cheater.



Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Added on May 27, 2021
Last Updated on May 27, 2021
Tags: writing, literature review, sports