Girl with A Raincoat

Girl with A Raincoat

A Chapter by PandaChampion
"

First of 20 chapters, if you are interested in the rest please let me know and ill post them.

"
Chapter 1
A Girl With a Raincoat

Quietly, and also very slowly the days after that incident moved forward. I changed at that time as well, everyone could easily tell by my dull and blunt remarks about anything brightly positive. It happened about the same time I graduated from middle school, the most delicate years I believe. Lorainne was the name my mother had given me 14 years ago. I was told she named me that because my azure eyes represented the power of the oceans. A cool concept but complete fantasy, though I would sell an arm for something interesting about me to expose itself. My summer is just about at its peak, having done nothing the whole time I feel accomplished. I think surviving this long deserves a gift of solitude, because a specific event changed my life. My mother was found mysteriously murdered in a Tokyo hotel room. She had been working on a new movie; I think it was called The Heaviest Raindrop. A drama or something, but I don’t really care much for it.


My graduation was a week after her murder, and I only had one important person in the auditorium, my dad. It was hard to believe at first; well actually I still can’t believe it. Walking across that stage, the only child with a tragedy to think about, shaking with sadness. My dad attempted to cheer me on, but I couldn’t hear him. I couldn’t hear anyone for that matter. I didn’t want to, I just wanted to curl up right in the middle of the stage and cry myself to death. I felt betrayed and at a loss, I didn’t want to live without her watching me. She always did, was never nervous or afraid to do anything. I had the summer to mourn, though I only really read the books of fiction she use to read me. That was my refuge and my strength; I believe I want to become a writer one day.

Monday, as much as that day annoys me I really needed to get up and prepare myself. I use to wake up early and handle all my morning duties easily, but now I find myself lazy. I guess that has something to do with becoming a mature young woman, or something like that. It wasn’t a problem getting up and washing off, though finding myself something to wear was hell. It then occurred to me that this new school wore uniforms. SAVED! Standard yet bland colors of grey and white, yuck, such boring taste. Upon looking for my black jacket to match with this disgusting excuse for an outfit, tiny sounds of tapping would come from my window. Peeking out from behind the opened closet door, I beheld the bliss that is rain. It reminded me of the fun I had in the rain, jumping in puddles and mud. I felt so calm and free, invincible. Suddenly I had an urge to reach into the back of my closet, once I did so I laid eyes upon my bright yellow graduation gift. My mother bought it for me before she left, though it was always sunny and hot so I couldn’t wear it. It was a very durable and shiny yellow rain coat, equipped with a large hood. I love it, so vibrant and flavorful. I grabbed it and threw it on without a second thought; once I accomplished that, I walked out of my room and headed down stairs.

I felt something odd was going to happen, I couldn’t put my finger on it. “HEEEEEY GIRLFRIEND!” A voice said from the nearest open door frame, it wasn’t hard to decipher who this obnoxious person was. With narrowed eyes and buried embarrassment, I decided to walk into that room. “I made Breakfast, so how about you eat with me on your first day of high school?” I looked at my father with a very dry expression, at that moment he reached his usual level of maximum lameness. I didn’t want to be related to this man, not even a pinch. I decided to take my seat at the prepped table, only slightly hungry. Within that moment I analyzed my father completely, this man really can’t be related to me. He stood there dressed in a shiny disco suit; it mimicked the properties of aluminum foil to the T. He had the audacity to have the torso area unzipped, exposing his oddly smooth chest; I swear I could have gotten a 3rd degree burn. He placed this ash covered biscuit in front of me; it had pale eggs oozing from its sides. Charcoal covered bacon still carrying a black smoke above it, no alluring bacon aroma remains. Hell, is he trying to murder me? I think I would have it better eating at school. Uh, yeah I would. “Wh-what is this…?” I said to him with a worried expression. “Whataya mean? Its food, just like mommy use to make.” He stood there with each hand on the correspondent hip, smiling like all was good.

“Uhmm… I’m not hungry, and besides I’m on a diet.” He tilted his head off to the side and asked “Since when? You’re already petite as it is. You need Some MEAT on them bones.” I didn’t recall seeing any thing of proper health value in front of me. I gasped then said “Since I’ve laid eyes upon this crap. Besides…I’m a maturing woman now. Give me space old man.” Then I stood up onto my feet and turned to make haste toward the exit, though he stood there paused with a funny yet hurt facial expression. I guess it was the old man part, I meant nothing too bad by it. Take his outfit for example; trying to be cool makes you uncool. On my way to the front door I discovered an odd looking umbrella, it bore symbols around it. It had a large red bow tied around its base with a note attached. I took the note and read it “To my ocean maiden: you can’t play in the rain forever, unless you can control it. I know you love your colors so I decided to get you an extra special graduation gift. I hope you like it. Love, Mom.”

Those words filled me with such power, it made me invincible, like I used to feel. I could tackle any danger. In the midst of expressing my feelings, that old man called out to me again and made me think twice. I’m not that strong, I’m skipping that breakfast. “Bye Dad, see ya later!” Upon declaring my leave, I grabbed the umbrella and used its thin strap to hang it over my shoulder like a backpack. With haste I rushed toward the door and made my exit, all while wearing a long lost smile, some would say.


© 2017 PandaChampion


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on April 22, 2017
Last Updated on April 22, 2017


Author

PandaChampion
PandaChampion

Inglewood, CA



About
Hello everyone! Im actually an artist that draws my own series, but i love making up stories and characters. While im working on releasing my first comic series and eventually animate it, id defin.. more..

Writing