Water

Water

A Story by PandaPeaceful

There was nothing there. No color, no sound, no nothing. Just the thoughts. Just, the words and the looks and the plain goodbyes. I could feel myself fading into pure rubber. Jumping from memory to memory like a reflecting light. But, there was no light. There was only water. It's depth choking me, suffocating me. And I let it. I accepted it with open arms because that is what the world teaches you to do. Reflections shine in the translucent crystal, and worthlessness emerges from the dark. I feel my teeth crumbling. Grain by grain, they vanish. Beauty disappearing. 
Graying hair loosens, fair skin shrinks, and I am gone.
Gone because their screams enveloped me.
Gone because the 'me' I was yesterday, will never appear again.
Gone because, that pure reflection has evaporated, and all that is left, is my being.
As I stare into the immortal glass, crinkles embrace my eyes, and I truly am gone. But, the difference today is, that I don't feel like liquid is strangling me. I don't feel it's arms igniting miseries. All I feel, is the growing, yellow breeze, that entangles itself in my hair, like mad volcanoes, kissing beneath the endless moon. 

© 2017 PandaPeaceful


Author's Note

PandaPeaceful
I hope you liked it. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really love this piece. It reminds me of a fantasy story I read some time ago in which the main character gets sucked down a magical water vortex and the ensuing pain/feelings that go along with it. He eventually finds his courage and is able to escape but your airy words instantly brought the vivid images back to my mind. Water can indeed be destructive and suffocating. But it is also calm, and pure. Love this piece!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PandaPeaceful

6 Years Ago

Beautiful connection Seriana. Thank you for the lovely review!



Reviews

I really love this piece. It reminds me of a fantasy story I read some time ago in which the main character gets sucked down a magical water vortex and the ensuing pain/feelings that go along with it. He eventually finds his courage and is able to escape but your airy words instantly brought the vivid images back to my mind. Water can indeed be destructive and suffocating. But it is also calm, and pure. Love this piece!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PandaPeaceful

6 Years Ago

Beautiful connection Seriana. Thank you for the lovely review!
This is brilliant, imaginative & highly original! Amazing how you use imagery to convey a strong message that can be interpreted in different ways for each reader. Love all your nature-based analogies, as I very much relate to natural themes as symbols for our human-based lives! *smile* Here's wishing you & your loved ones a peaceful & loving Christmas season (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PandaPeaceful

6 Years Ago

What a beautiful review! Thank you so much.
Have a lovely Christmas!
Love,
Ana.. read more
It's an incredible piece of writing.. holds a mystery i need delve into... i'm feeling too much to sort at once. Must read again.

Unsure still, but wondering if a feeling of age overtaking the spirit.. of being lost in a place not visited before.. reflections of past however..

Bewildered here, yet impressed by the language used.. perhaps the meaning is immaterial.. to the reader if not the writer.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PandaPeaceful

6 Years Ago

Beautiful review. Read it again- maybe you'll find something new.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 20, 2017
Last Updated on November 20, 2017


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..