The Legacy Of One, Episode 1, Scene 1

The Legacy Of One, Episode 1, Scene 1

A Screenplay by Panda
"

Kai, A young man whose destiny is yet to unfold. Fate has changed for him, the gods have another road for the boy to take, along with his older brother, Arrow, they set out searching for the truth...

"

Episode One

Scene 1!


Characters:

- Kai: Young boy, 13, Blonde hair, Deep blue eyes.

- Arrow: Teen, 17, Black hair, Sky Blue eyes.


The Frozen North; The northern part of the world of Nilendale. The frozen tundra known for howling winds and the blistering cold. A small town sits atop the world with walls made from solid snow surrounding it which helps protect it from the blizzards that consistently lay waste to the land. The small civilisation has a few igloos, one large igloo is placed to the far end. In the centre of the town is a large fire pit. A igloo to the east of the town is very small and is poorly built. The igloo must give of the impression it was made by armatures, consistently snow caving in a part of its roof, or gaps within the cracks widen. To the east and south of the town just outside its walls is a dense forest. Covered by snow the trees barely stand out from the white surroundings. To the north and west is the 'wastelands,' vast snow covered plains with nothing to see for miles. The only route from the town is a southern path leading through the forest.


(Kai lays hidden on a hill. He hasn't moved for two hours, the snow under him has melted, he can feel the cold water seeping through his thick white bear fur hooded jumper and pants and a light blanket of snow covers him. He watches a doe as she aimlessly walks in the clearing. At first she was cautious but after time she relaxed and slowly let her guard down. The doe had not noticed Kai the entire time he watched her. After two or so hours of waiting his time was finally upon him. Slowly moving up, quietly and unnoticed by the doe Kai rose into a kneeling position, pulling back on the string of his bow, which he had held with arrow already knocked into place he aimed, taking in one slow breath and just as he goes to release the arrow a thud could be heard in front of him, an arrow penetrates the side of the doe, she panic's and gets up to run when another arrow makes its mark hitting her in the neck. She collapses instantly. Kai jumps up and runs to the dead animal, from the direction of the shot another person walks out, holding a bow  in hand and a arrow already knocked into place. The man aims the bow at Kai.)


Kai: Hey, Hey, HEY! That was my kill! I had been watching her for two hours! (Looking at him oddly and tilting his head) And stop aiming that thing at me. (He glares at him)


Arrow: (Looking seriously to begin with, finally he lowers the bow and a massive grin stretches across his face.) Oh heya pip! Well you took your time going in for the shot (he rubs his head, still grinning) So I thought I'd make it for you! (He walks over to the doe and begins to tie her feet together, removing the arrows from her once he ties the knot, slightly serious) Anyway, just because you had been watching her for two hours doesn't mean the kill is yours. You shouldn't hesitate next time. (He pokes Kai's chest at where his heart is) There isn't enough room in there to feel sorry for everything that has to die. (looking up) It's a fact of life (a beat) Kai.


(Kai and Arrow walk into the town. Arrow has the doe slung over his shoulder. The walk over to the small igloo which is falling apart.)


Arrow: (Walking in) Mother, were home.


(Arrow places the Doe on a table by the door. A woman walks out of a small room to one side of the igloo)


Nyla: Oh welcome home hunters (She embraces Arrow. And rubs Kai's head smiling) Looks like things went well?


Kai: Mom! (Arrow rolls his eyes and sighs) How come Arrow always gets to shoot the Doe!


Nyla: (Kneeling down) Because Kai, (she tickles him and he laughs) sometimes, we leave things for the older boys to do, (She smiles confidently) so you don't have to regret it later. (Standing up and brushing herself off) Now Kai, Arrow, dinner will be ready in an hour. (Looking at Arrow) Be on time for once dear! (She rubs Kai's hair once again and walks off)


(Kai and Arrow are outside. Kai sits on a small wall made of ice while Arrow leans against it. The boys watch a heated fight against two Water Overseers while they train, the one on the right lifts a ball of snow and turns it to water and launches it at the one on the left. The boy on the left ducks under the ball and unleashes a flurry of weak slashes of water, most of them do not reach the one on the right, the one on the right begins to charge at the other boy and as he runs he picks up water from the snow as he goes, after reaching the boy on the left he runs up his legs jumping into the air, with a ball of water held above his head, tossing it at the boy on the left who collapses to the ground covered in water. The boy on the right; Kain, is obviously the winner. Two girls who had been watching the fight run up to him blushing and giggling. Kain boasts loudly)


Arrow: Pft! Overseers! I don't see what's so good about them! Anyone could splash a bit of water around! Everyone one thinks they are so fantastic!


Voice Of Kai: Truth is, they really are fantastic. Overseers, Legend says they are gifts from the gods. They have the power to manipulate the land and use to the wills. Kain says they Oversee the flow of energy within a element. Arrow, my brother, doesn't like them. He thinks they are all egotistical. I think they are amazing.


Arrow: I mean look at that Kain guy! (He gestures to Kain as he flex's as to the girls who giggle once again) He is nothing more than a self-absorbed idiot. I mean anyone can show off and get girls (nudging Kai) Ay pip! Tell me I'm right! Oh I know I'm right! (Standing up) Watch me show how easy it is to get attention! (Mumbling) He ain't got anything on me (Yelling out) Hey girls! Wanna see something totally awesome! (He picks up his bow and starts walking towards Kain and the girls)


Kai: Arrow! I uh don't think (Giving up) that's a good idea. (Sighs)


(Arrow stands with bow and arrow drawn, Kain kneels 10 feet in front of him with a apple on his head, the girls watch with anticipation)


Arrow: Now watch ladies as the Amazing Arrow! Shoots the apple off our lovely (Mumble) hated (Smiles) Volunteer!


(He focus, takes one sharp breath in and releases the arrow. It goes whizzing over Kain's head and into the apple. And it flies into the Window of the igloo behind. No one takes notice)


Arrow: See! I the Amazing Arrow (He flexes and gloats the girls run up to him blushing, giggling and laughing) Oh now now ladies it was nothing. (Gloating) Well yes I guess I really am amazing (Kai from afar sighs)


(A elderly woman comes out of the house that the arrow had entered through the window with a Cat in her hand and the arrow with a apple attached to it)


Elderly Woman: ARROW! (shaking her cat and the arrow) Young man! What the hell are you doing! Shooting apple arrows at my Mr Wobbleson!


Arrow: (Jaw dropping) Uh what?


Elderly Woman: (Yelling) WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING MY CAT! (She starts chasing him around swing a broom at him) I will make you pay!


Arrow: (Squealing and laughing at the same time) I can't believe you named your cat Mr Wobbleson (He laughs, she swings the mop at him) Ahh! Crazy woman! Demon be gone! (she swings again) I'm to young 

and (Winking at the girls) sexy to die!


Girl One: (Rolling eyes, to other girl) Come on, let's go.


Girl Two: (Giggling) Ok. (She smiles and waves at Arrow who stops running and waves back. The Elderly Woman catches up and start hitting Arrow to the ground with her broom)


Arrow: Why, Why me!


(A few hours have passed. Kai sits in his bed reading a book, drawings and symbols surrounded by words litter the old books. The candle next to him flickers as the wind outside whistles, the cold breeze sends a shiver down his spine. Arrow enters wrapped in a blanket, he looks at Kai, who is transfixed by the book held in his hands, sniffs and turns around collapsing in his own bed.)


Arrow: What ya reading pip?


Kai: Its one of fathers books. I found it in his study, (he smiles) It was still open it looks like he was writing it before he left. It's pretty interesting and it looks like father was studying Overseers! Isn't that great Arrow! Father was so smart!


Arrow: (thinking for a moment. After a short period of time he gets up stretching as he does. He puts on a jacket)  I don't know why you enjoy looking at his stuff, they are just there to collect dust. No one needs them and no one wants them. (Sitting on a window ledge) I'm going for a walk. (Jumping out and calling out as he does) don't tell mother!


(Kai jumps up quickly getting dressed and tries to follow Arrows lead. Arrow walks outside the towns wall and sneaks gently towards the water way which connects the town to the north sea. Walking alone and calm along the water's edge using the moon as the only light in sight he thinks.)


Arrow: (thinking of Kai reading his father's books) idiot, nothing good has to come from them, from him. (Looking up at the moon) Fa-th-er (shaking his head) Why doesn't Kai (He thinks. Arrow is 6, Kai is roughly 2, they stand at the beach, their mother behind them. Arrow holds Kai's hand as Kai tries to stand)

Young Arrow: Mother! Father comes back today doesn't he!

Nyla: (Rubbing Kai's head) He will be so excited to see you( Smiling, She rises, speaking more to herself) He said he would return (Her fist clenches) I know he will come! (Arrow looks at her and turns to face the water, A ship with black sails appears on the horizon. Kai smiles and laughs.)


Young Arrow: He made it mother! (Arrow turns to face his mother who has collapsed to the ground blood surrounds her mouth) Mother! Mother! (Fading out and back to the present day ) Mother!


Arrow: (looking up again) That day, huh.


Kai: (Calling out and running towards him) Arrow! Where did you go!


Arrow: Idiot. (Calling out) I'm here. Go home!


Kai: (Laughing) I don't want to! It's nice out! And if you get to sneak out I get to do it too! (He runs up to Arrow but slips and starts to slide down the ice towards the dark water. Kai panics, while sliding down he forces his two fingers together and slides them along the ice above his head. The ice where his fingers have touched glows intensely and begins to crack, before Kai realises it he is no longer falling towards the water but falling under the ice where Arrow now stands in shock. Landing on a solid stone paved ground with a 'thud' Kai groans)


Arrow: (Still in shock) Kai? (He takes a slow step forward) Kai? (He breaks into a sprint towards the gaping hole that Kai has made. Leaning over the edge he looks for his brother) Kai!


(Kai stands up slowly and brushes himself off slightly, behind him you can see Arrow attempting to climb down the ice but is left hanging latching onto the rim of ice with no foot holds. Calling out to Kai who maintains ignoring him, finally Arrow gives up and drops to the ground. Kai continues to look out into the distance. Arrow rises to see what his younger brother is so transfixed by, looking out into the darkness a massive hall reveals itself. The roof a pale blue supported by massive finely carved pillars that line up perfectly. Kai takes a few steps forward staring at the roof, as his eyes maintain fixed on the elegance of the pure and smooth waves in the roof stars begin to show themselves lighting up the hall enough that Kai and Arrow can see the massive door that lies on the far side)


Arrow: Kai! (He yanks Kai back who now turns his attention to his older brother) How the hell did you manage to make that ice fall? That glow? What the hell was that!


Kai: (Turning to look at the roof) It was in one of fathers books (a beat, Arrow stares at him) How do you suppose we get out?


Arrow: Well (He looks the way they came) maybe behind that door we will find our way out? (He walks to the door with Kai closely behind him. The door knobs are made of ice, the same kind as the roof, the doors themselves stands reaches ten feet tall. The solid surface of the door is made just like the stone pillars, the stone work is amazing, wave like patterns quiver along the masonry in the very heart of the doors is an engraving that looks just like one of the symbols in one of the books Kai was reading moments ago. Arrow pushes against the door) It won't budge! It's to heavy! (Huffing and puffing and yelling at the door) Stupid fat door! I said open! (Obviously the door does nothing)


(Kai walks up the door and touches it surface, he looks up and notices the symbol in the heart of the doors and runs his hand over it)


Kai: Arrow! (He jumps up and down excitedly) Look at the drawing on the door!


Arrow: (taking a moment to glance at the symbol and continues to push) Yeah? So what?


Kai: I saw this one in fathers books! (Arrow goes to take a run up. Kai slides his fingers along three lines at the very top of the symbol and then one finger on a vertical wave, the door shudders and begins to fold back into the walls that are next to it. Arrow runs in unnoticed that the door has opened and trips over from his own momentum. Kai laughs) See! I knew those books were handy!


Arrow: Yeah whatever.


(Arrow stands, fixes up his hair and brushes himself off. The room they have entered is small. Four pillars identical to the ones in the hall standing two meters apart in the very centre of the room is a small podium where light somehow breaks through the icy roof and shines down laminating the small golden statue that sits upon the podium. In 'aw' Arrow and Kai stand with jaws dropped, hearts racing and minds blown. Kai reluctantly takes a step forward after a nudge from Arrow. Looking closer at the podium Kai sees a small stone floating in the hands of the golden statue. The stone is amazing, blue just like the roof, it even glistens and appears to be starry giving off the same illusion as the roof. Kai can see a marking on the stone, a marking he doesn't understand, one he has never seen before. Kai takes a step forward, he is transfixed by the stone, his feet now line up with the podium, only centimetres from his outreaching hands floats the blue stone.)


Kai: It amazing brother!

(Arrow takes a step forward. Too Late! The stone has begun to let off a light, the light is calming and relaxing. Kai looks at the stone and examines the cracks that begin to appear on the smooth blue surface. The stone shatters, the shock causes Kai to step back.)


Arrow: Kai! What happened! (Arrow tries to move)


Voice of Arrow: What! What is this! I can't- I can't move!


(The shards of the shattered stone drift around Kai glistening in the light that now reflects from one another. Finally they launch at Kai, forcing themselves into Kai, the light intensifies and Arrow is left completely unaware of what is happening to his brother)


(Scene switches to the face of a pale man, his hair pale yet red sits slightly over his closed eyes. His eyes open slowly revealing a pale purple, absent emotion of any kind)

End Of Scene 1!

© 2012 Panda


Author's Note

Panda
Hey! This is the first thing I have loaded.. Scene 1, I would like this to be seen as a anime in form :) I intend to keep going if reviews are good. Sorry about grammatically incorrect issues (Still yet to be edited) Ideas will be great! Any help I can get would be awesome :D Thank you for your time and reading my attempt at a Screen Play! Hopefully more to come!
Cheers!

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on August 21, 2012
Last Updated on August 21, 2012

Author

Panda
Panda

Western Australia, Australia



About
Hello :D Call me Panda ;) I am 18 year old and have become a massive fan of writing! Ever since little I had the dream to get my name know, so I will share my writing with you. Please feel free to ad.. more..

Writing