What We Once Were, Bio For Episode 1

What We Once Were, Bio For Episode 1

A Screenplay by Panda
"

Biographies, Descriptions, places and Synopsis for What We Once Were.

"

Synopsis
(Last updated 03/09/2012)

Kai Dumpty’s life is anything like a fairytale, but when the 17 year old boy goes out camping with his closest friends, they are abducted by a cult which reveals a world covered by lies and deception that have been fed to humanity by the people they trust.  Drama unfolds as Kai and his friends are confronted with a teacher who died over three years ago. An attack by a beast leads them to discover that they are anything but normal in the world they once knew. War is on the horizon but you are left unaware, War is coming and you must decide, do you fight for what you were? Or what you have become?


Episode 1

The epic struggle begins when Kai and his friends,  Josh, Kelly, Amy, Tori, Kate and Leon set out camping at the end of the school year , the group find themselves staying in a small water hole titled The Elliery with breath taking beauty but with a dark past. A moment of peace is followed by the heart pounding moments of struggle and their will to survive. They set out home in need of rescue and help, and when glimmer of hope arises at the sight of a camp fire a whole new world presents itself.


Next Episode 2

Kai wakes the morning after the events of the previous night happened, only as dreams does the memories of the night stream into his subconscious mind. When night falls Kai is chased by a Shadow with a monstrous shape and he discovers that he is anything but human. When Josh goes missing the group split up to find him, Kai learns Kelly is harbouring a secret which sends Kai’s mind racing. As events pass the body of a man arrives beneath the feet of Kate and Leon and the beast reveals itself in a fatal attack.

Setting and Scenes
(Last updated 03/09/2012)

Episode 1


Port Haven, Scenes 1- 3
Port Haven is a small mining town by the beach. The town has a Hospital, a shopping centre, fire station, one privet primary school, one public primary school, one high school, two campus of learning, and a few other public buildings. The town is small so everyone has their nose in other people’s business, the town is rusted and dusty, with red dirt everywhere. There are a lot of house and local community housing properties.


Scene 1 �" Haven High
Haven High is the only High School in Port Haven. In 2005 the Haven Highs library was burnt down but a student during a school break. The principle Mr Chew has turned the school from a dump to a ‘efficient learning facility’ with ‘satisfactory equipment’. Haven High offers a large range of courses Including Drama, Maths, Human Biology, Ancient History, Modern History, Physics, Physical education, Photography, Integrated science, Art, Home economics, Chemistry, English, Metal construction and Health Education. The School is in the Middle of town, near the arts centre and local theatre. The School is free dress and very casual. Any uniform that is worn is a Bright yellow button up shirt with a red tie and black cargo pants. The school is consistently being upgraded.


Scene 2 �" The Racthorn Household
House Of Dominic Racthorn, Rewina Racthorn, Josh Racthorn and Ellie Racthorn. The house has been under the family name for 10 years, it is a bright orange on the outside made out of wood, with a tin roof which is rusted and covered with Dusty. Inside the house there will be two matrices on the floor in front of the Television, the house is clean and very vibrant. There is childs toys everywhere as Ellie is very young. The house has three bedrooms, one bathroom, a shed but no garage, a kitchen and a lounge room, the house is rather small and to one side if the hallways which leads to Josh’s, Ellies and the bathroom there are boxes.

 

Scene 3 �" Port Haven Shops
Port Haven Shopping Centre was a oddly shaped building, almost like a swastika from the sky, bur with many other shops sticking out. The Grocery Shop was the largest shop and dominated most of the shopping centre, but the shopping centre also had a few clothing store, a cheaper then cheap store, a large shop, a pair of cafes and ice cream shops, a electronics and furniture store and a music shop, dominated the shop, while there were other smaller shops within the centre. Outside the shop as a separate districted is a food yard, a small park sits in the middle with the shops to one side while various food chain networks surround the park. This includes McDonalds, Chicken Treat and Subway


Scene 4.1 �" The Car

Dominic Racthorn has a four wheeled drive troop carrier car. The care is half packed full of bags and eskies while the other half have been bad into a bed using blankets and pillows, the car is a mouldy brown, with dim headlights and a loud rattly engine. It does not have good suspension and can not help but fail when it is needed most


Scene 4.2 , 5, 6, �" The Elliery

The Elliery is truly breathtaking , The Elliery is two mountains which sit next to and lean over one another making constant shade within the water hole. The Elliery is a massive water hole between and under the two mountains, a waterfall falls from another pool above the mountains where the two mountains meet, in the very middle of the pond is a large rock, large enough for one or two people to fit in, on the far side is a tree which over hangs the water, its leaves drift gently down and land in the water, just to show The Elliery Majesty and beauty. Trees surround the oasis, many are really old and overgrown with vines grown up the sides of the trees themselves, when the group sets camp they set it near the water, but in a small clearing closer to the mountain on the left hand side, the campsite they set up is two tents, a trailer with the eskies on top and a toilet to the right side mountain. The mountains aren’t very high. In a small in cove in the wall of the Elliery is the words say stuff like “The Elliery beware the” and then it is scribbled or worn away, with other stuff the saying “The Curse” stuff to get the view guessing and think. The group take no notice, other than The Elliery.


Scene 7 - Witch Camp
The Camp of the Witch Cult is in the middle of nowhere but off to the side of a road. The camp is a huge clearing, with totem poles right around it, in the middle is a massive fire, two the left hand side there are instruments, including drums and others, and to the end of the clearing is a throne made of sticks and bright coloured feathers, there are 8 seats on a wood/stick podium, there is one which is close to the throne, and the rest are spread around that in a curved moon shape towards the fire. '


Character List
(Last updated 03/09/2012)

Characters have been split up on priority and importance, Kai, under main character is the main character, Characters under Major Characters are the other main characters in the show but because it is all from Kai point of view they have been split up, Characters under the Secondary are characters which will consistently be shown throughout the show, Characters under Extra are Extra characters, although their part may be important it they will not be seen as much, or if they are they will not likely be playing a major part, Characters under Developing are not as of yet set into place that they will stay in that current position, the character themself is still being developed and may change in rolls or be replaced.

 Kai Dumpty �" Main Character


Kelly Chiner �" Major Character
Leon O’neil �" Major Character
Tori Jane �" Major Character
Kate Creer �" Major Character
Amy Heart �" Major Character
Arrow Thain �" Major Character/Developing

Josh Racthorn �" Secondary Major/Developing
Mr Julian Whitbern �" Secondary Major/Developing


Arch Witch Hardissle �" Extra/Developing
Pack Leader Theodor Wolfbane �" Extra/Developing
Tharnal �" Extra/Developing
Arch Witch �" Extra
Witch1 �" Extra
Witch2 �" Extra
Cult Of Witches �" Extras
Hunter1 �" Extras
Hunter2 �" Extras
Hunter Pack �" Extras



 

 

 

 

Character Biographies
(Last updated 03/09/2012)
Character Biographies will only have Main, Major or Specific Characters. The Biography will cover Looks and Appearance, Key Experiences, A brief Family Background, Likes and Dislikes, Goals in life and ect....

 

Main Character �" Kai Dumpty

Looks and Appearance:

Height �" 1.65 Meters

Weight �" 59kg

Build �" Medium Build

Hair colour �" Blonde

Hair length �" Long at the front mid towards back

Eye colour �" Green until he begins to change then they go pure blue

Skin colour �" White, very faint tan

Piecing �" Tragus Piecing on his Left ear

Tattoo �" None

General Appearance �" Kai has naturally blonde hair and pale green eyes, Kai keeps his hair mostly unkempt and has a long fringe. When his first boss passed away in a tragic accident he got his Tragus Piecing done, the same that his Boss had. He has a very faint tan all over from growing up down the beach. His eyes are green, but when he shape shifts his eyes glow a bright blue and after the first few night of being turned into a shifter his eyes slowly change to a pure blue. Kai wares modern cloths, mainly jeans and button up tee-shirts, When formal he wears vests and long pants, Kai rarely wears shorts.

Key Experiences:

Childhood;

-          3rd of February 2001, Kai and his family moved out of the city of Pert to Port Haven for his father, Roberts job

-          23 November 2001 Kai’s mother and father have a massive fight and ends in them splitting up

-          2nd of January 2002 Kai decides he wants to become an actor

-          13th of February 2002 Kai’s Parents; Robert Dumpty and Samantha Stevenson get a divorce, Kai blames his father for his mother leaving him even though he doesn’t really know what happened

-          18th of December 2002 Robert Dumpty buys Angel, Kai’s dog

-          19th of October 2003 Kai’s Grandmother passes away

-          30th of  May 2004 Robert Dumpty marries Eve Haskberry

-          28th of March 2005 Kai meets Amy Heart, the two become close friends

-          25th of December 2005 spends Christmas with his mother

-           5th of February 2006 Begins high school as young adult 

Teenager ;

-          5th February 2006 begins High school

-          29th of February 2006 meets Mr Whitbern

-          16th of May 2007 Kai’s Mother visits, but leaves unexpectedly

-           23rd of December 2008 Whitbern is killed in the ‘Cross Fire’ that covered Pert. The fire killed thousands and was blamed on a group of extremist Christians

 

Kai’s family background: Kai Dumpty, Born 15th December of 1993, Son of divorced parents Robert Dumpty and Samantha Stevenson. When Kai was 7 he moved to the town of Port Haven so his father could find work in the mining business, they moved into a recently built house 12 Mourn St, Robert and Samantha divorced on the 13th February 2002 causing Kai to distrust his father when his father won custody over his three sister and himself. Kai’s oldest Sister Crystal moved out the following year putting even more stress on his family, Kai has two other blood sisters, both older than him, Julie and Matilda. In 2002 Robert Dumpty bought a Dog known as Angel, Over the years Kai grew close to the dog. In 2004 Robert Dumpty married Eve Haskberry, Kai and his new step mother never really had many confrontations apart from the fact that Eve always talked down to Kai and underappreciated him. This resulted in a lack of Kai’s confidence and comfort at home until 2011.

 

 

 

 

Major Character �" Kelly Chiner

 Looks and Appearance:

Height �" 1.47

Weight �" 55 Kg

Build �" Small

Hair colour �" Light Brown with blonde Highlights

Hair length �" Medium. Just past shoulders, sits on shoulder blades/ Straight

Eye colour �" Light Blue - Goes Purple once Oracle

Skin colour �" Pale soft white

Piecing �" Ear lobes

Tattoo �" No

General Appearance:  Kelly Chiner,  is short in stature. Kelly has a friendly soft face that welcome most who gaze upon it. Her eyes are a fine blue, once turned into an oracle they maintain a steady deep purple colour that maintain an unwavering calmness to them. She has small and pleasing dimples and the most comforting smile. Kelly's overall appearance is to have a 'comforting' feel to it.

Kelly's Family background: The Chiner family comes from a proud wine brewing family that over time have been earning a small fortune. The Family currently owns four of the worlds finest Wine cellars. Moving to Port Haven for escape from the world the Chiner family handed the vineyards over to the Superiors of the company while the family went into early retirement. The old line of Brewers of the Chiner family have passed it down from generation to generation. Kelly being next in line for the company will one day become CEO of the famous Vineyards.

 

Major Character �" Kate Creer

Looks and Appearance:

Height �" 1.60 metres

Weight �" 60kg

Build �" Average build

Hair colour �"dark brown

Hair length �" long but it is normally tied up with a side fringe at the front

Eye colour �" Blue - Once turned they become Yellow with blue flakes

Skin colour �" white light tan

Piecing �" both ears & belly button

Tattoo �" none

General Appearance: Kate is a natural blonde but slowly went brunet over the years. She got her ears pierced when she a child and her belly button done when she first went into high school. She normally wears a shirt and shorts and acts like a regular teenager but can be immature and a bit dim-witted at times. She has light blue eyes but when she controls others they become a yellow colour. She makes friends with the group and is always with her best friends Amy and Kai.

Family background: Kate is the youngest of four, She has two older sisters and a older brother, Kate grew up feeling like the older sisters were the only daughters of her parents, she felt as though she was neglected as a child. Both of Kate’s parents are police officers, this affected Kate at her local school. She was bullied in primary because of her parents, this resulted in Kate being very shy towards peoples she did know. Kate’s Grandfather was a Vet nurse and this pushed Kate to want to be one when she was growing up, and when he passed away she realised it was her dream.

 

Major Character �" Leon O’Neil

 Looks and Appearance:

Height �" 1.70 - 1.80 Meters

Weight �" 64Kg

Build �" Tall, Slim/Medium

Hair colour �" Black

Hair length �" Short, pushed up into a foe hawk style

Eye colour �" Deep brown - Turns Red once he is turned into a vampire

Skin colour �" Tan - Turns pale once vampire

Piecing �" None

Tattoo �" None

General Appearance:  Leon is tall and Handsome. He has Deep brown eyes that almost seem bottomless, A strong jaw and very tall. A grin often makes its way across his face revealing pure white teeth place almost perfectly. Everything about Leon screams perfection. He has a overall handsome vibe to him but neat and refined at the same time.

Family background: Leon O'Neil comes from a moderately wealthy family that have a consistent buzz of life within them. They are all lively and most are musically talented. But most importantly he comes from a line of helpers. Citizens that help out those in need. Overall nice people.

 

 

Major Character �" Tori Jane

 Looks and Appearance:

Height �" 1.62

Weight �" 85Kg

Build �" Large, well endowed but slightly overweight

Hair colour �" Scene 1: Pale pink Hair; Scene 2: Deep blue - Dyed

Hair length �" Short sits on shoulders/ wavy

Eye colour �" Green - Turn Black when she changes

Skin colour �" Caucasian - No tan at all but not pure

Piecing �" Eyebrow, Nose, Earlobes

Tattoo �" None

General Appearance:  Tori Jean is a welcoming lady. She is bulbous and rounded. She has a nose piecing that takes the form of a ring and several other piercings. She has a massive friendly grin and often wears odd colours and clothing that doesn't make sense. Consistently dying her Hair different colours.

Family background: Tori Jean has two younger siblings who she holds very dear to her. Her father is a drunk and her mother has passed leading to her Fathers demise. She raises the kids and lives off the funds that the fathers weekly governmental funds that are provided.

 

 

Major Character �" Amy Heart

 Looks and Appearance:

Height �" 1.64

Weight �" 59

Build �" Thin, elegant with long fine legs.

Hair colour �" Blonde

Hair length �" Long, Long wavy hair that reaches down her back

Eye colour �" Blue with golden Flakes - Turns pale pink

Skin colour �" White, fine, smooth

Piecing �" earlobes

Tattoo �" None

General Appearance:  Amy Heart is stunning. Long legs, wonderful curves and large deep eyes along with fine blonde wavy hair is enough to stop most men in their tracks. Amy is proud and noble. She has the voice of an angel soft and pure. Everything about Amy screams Stunning.

Family background: Heart tradition states that once a month you celebrate a random day. Its this spontaneousness that keeps Amy a positive icon amongst many sad moments. Her family is sadly prone for cancer and the thought of that looms over her daily.

 

 

Secondary Character�" Josh Racthorn

 Looks and Appearance:

Height �" 1.69

Weight �" 63Kg

Build �" Medium

Hair colour �" Orangey, red

Hair length �" Short/medium and curly

Eye colour �" Brown

Skin colour �" Pale white.

Piecing �" None

Tattoo �" None

General Appearance:  Josh Rackthorn, Strong jaw, red hair, very pale. Josh is one of the more fit then Kai, his red hair makes him distinctive to most people. Josh is underdeveloped in the first episode. More will be updated with the next Bio to come out.

© 2012 Panda


Author's Note

Panda
Hello :) I hope you liked it :) Every episode I will put out will have one of these. Josh Rackthorn is currently underdeveloped. More characters will be added in time to have a full character bank! :D Tell me ideas, tips and hints! :D I want to learn and grow!

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on September 2, 2012
Last Updated on September 2, 2012

Author

Panda
Panda

Western Australia, Australia



About
Hello :D Call me Panda ;) I am 18 year old and have become a massive fan of writing! Ever since little I had the dream to get my name know, so I will share my writing with you. Please feel free to ad.. more..

Writing