Your A Misfit

Your A Misfit

A Stage Play by Panda
"

A absurdest Monologue. The Smallest mystery's in life leave the biggest questions in your mind. Nagging there until someone, something attempts to discover the truth.

"

 

You’re A Misfit


A lone man stands on stage he wears an odd hat and is dressed in array of colours. There is a table that spans across the room there is a white bored that is sat at stage right the stage has a single spot light, with a slight blue wash. The table starts off with a table cloth and a few cups scattered over the table. The man then beings to set up the table making sure it is perfect and flat he then starts to neaten up the cutlery. The table is now neat. The table is covered in colours, vibrant.

Damien: (arena or ring leader) Welcome! Welcome! We are just having tea. (He laughs) wait. Stop. Wait. Coffee? You are not the guest we want. Oh my no. Just the normal one. Yes. Yes visited us last time. If I ask you the same as I do the time before will the same be it? Oh my no! It must not be that of true for life is not a repeat. Coffee? (Begins to pour a cup from the kettle that says ‘tea’) Is that... (Looks to door a beat)No couldn’t be. You will leave before the party is up. I know this. Wait. Stop. Wait. Could that be...? (Shouting) listen what is that I wonder! Listen, listen why is it that you will not listen! Is that. (A pause) is that (falls to the ground knocking) a knock. (A beat) I wonder. (He thinks) Hmmm (a sudden realisation, his eyes widen) a knock, a knock! Oh guests. Guests at my door! I must make tea! No. wait. Stop. Wait (a beat) maybe they drink coffee. Do guests drink coffee or tea? Yes, yes they must! (Pause) Oh a guest! A Guest at my door! (He falls to the floor)

Damien: (to the floor) come in come in! Wait. Stop. Wait, Oh my how rude! Hello my name is... jack? Matt? No that’s not it... its Damien (repeats name slowly drifting off) Damien, Damien, Damien, Damien! That’s right, Damien the name don’t wear it out... wait. Stop. Wait. 

Damien: (light flickers as teacher. standing up.) Now go wait in line to get your sticker for being such a good girl.

Damien: (light flickers as student sitting down) but Miss I’m a boy.

Damien: (light flickers as teacher standing up) same crap different day. Now go and wait

Damien: (light flickers as student sitting down) fantastic teachers are just so… super duper! They teach you so much. But how did she learn all that? By her teacher right? But a teacher must be taught by what we call a teacher? Right? Righteo? Righto? Righty?

Damien (light flickers as teacher) Hmmmm yes that’s right a (to white bored) teachers teacher teaches teachers to teach but the first teacher was (pointing over) taught by a (cuts off) taught by a...

Damien: (light flickers)  well anyway that’s odd. you know what’s odd? Oh a guest!  A guest at my door! (Jumps up and runs to the same spot on the floor as before) hello? Hello? (Walks back listening to floor) Odd... (Stands up and slowly walks to the far end of the table)

Damien: Wait. Stop. Wait. My guest may be here soon. The perfect being you refer to. He will come. You will see he promised we will meet again. But I leave you with a gift. The knowledge of happiness. Yes. Eyes widen and a face will strange, hearts fasten and a day will change. (A beat) You’re a misfit you know that. (Shouting pointing to the audience) YES! Your a misfit! And your a Misfit! And you! Well anyway! (Carries a chair to the front and sits slowly, spoken softly) You always have been. Inside you might not like pie not very Aussie of you and we say (standing on a chair)

Damien: (as an Aussie): what kind a man are ya you don’t like pie? Ya useless piece of crap!

Damien: (sits down)so you hide it (moves behind chair and hides), it is a burden is it not, to be odd to be strange but little do you know everyone in this room is like you they are odd. It is an odd concept but a true one.  But they are! They are odd! So therefore everyone in this room is a misfit. If everyone is something it must be normal because everyone is one. But if everyone is normal then someone who is not a misfit (pause) is a misfit. Our perfect being. God. You worship a misfit. Now you’re all just plain weird (a pause) or should I say normal (walks back)

Damien: (arena or ring leader) Welcome! Welcome! We are just having tea (He laughs) wait. Stop. Wait. Coffee? You are not the guest we want. Oh my no. Just the normal one. Yes. Yes visited us last time. If I ask you the same as I do the time before will it be the same. Oh my no! It must not be that of true for life is a repeat. (Lights fade out)

 

 

 

 

© 2012 Panda


Author's Note

Panda
:) Another one of my things. Just a random Monologue I wrote ages ago. :) I looked at the themes of how we are all waiting for someone who does not come, waiting for death. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on September 2, 2012
Last Updated on September 2, 2012

Author

Panda
Panda

Western Australia, Australia



About
Hello :D Call me Panda ;) I am 18 year old and have become a massive fan of writing! Ever since little I had the dream to get my name know, so I will share my writing with you. Please feel free to ad.. more..

Writing