Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
What We Once Were Episode 1 Scene 1

What We Once Were Episode 1 Scene 1

A Screenplay by Panda
"

This is where it all begins. The tale of a boy who grows into a man. Kai Dumpty's epic struggle begins with Episode 1!

"

Episode 1, Scene 1

 

“Have the courage to live. Anyone can die”

      Robert Cody

 

Episode Character List

 

Kai Dumpty

Tori Jean

Josh Racthorn

Man (Is Tharnal)

Students (Extra)

Teacher (Extra)

Librarian (Extra)

Hormonal Students (Extra/s)



 

 

Port Haven, Scenes 1- 3
Port Haven is a small mining town by the beach. The town has a Hospital, a shopping centre, fire station, one privet primary school, one public primary school, one high school, two campus of learning, and a few other public buildings. The town is small so everyone has their nose in other people’s business, the town is rusted and dusty, with red dirt everywhere. There are a lot of house and local community housing properties.


Scene 1 " Haven High
Haven High is the only High School in Port Haven. In 2005 the Haven Highs library was burnt down but a student during a school break. The principle Mr Chew has turned the school from a dump to a ‘efficient learning facility’ with ‘satisfactory equipment’. Haven High offers a large range of courses Including Drama, Maths, Human Biology, Ancient History, Modern History, Physics, Physical education, Photography, Integrated science, Art, Home economics, Chemistry, English, Metal construction and Health Education. The School is in the Middle of town, near the arts centre and local theatre. The School is free dress and very casual. Any uniform that is worn is a Bright yellow button up shirt with a red tie and black cargo pants. The school is consistently being upgraded.


(A small town called port haven. It is midday and school is nearly out for the year. Kai sits in the class 4B (a pale green room with a clock) Behind him, his hormonal class mates throw paper planes, fight, kiss on tables and act like animals trapped in a cage. The camera zooms in on kai as he focuses on the ticking of the clock. No one is in uniform)

VOICE OF KAIHaven high, the story of my life really. Nothing new, nothing old, never changing. My name is Kai Dumpty, yes. Like Humpty Dumpty, I know sad right? All my life and still hiding within my own shell. Just your typical 17 year old (a beat) I think. Yet I am different, because, well, I’m me.(bell sounds) My name is Kai Dumpty and finally my life can begin.

Intro Theme Should Play

(After his class mates stampede their way out of the classroom, kai slowly packs up and is the last to leave. As he makes his way through the school to his locker, bumping into people who ignore his apologies, he stashes his books away and then notices TORI JEAN standing next to him. She has a huge grin on her face.)

Kai: (Panicking) Agh! Tori, you scared the s**t out of me!

Tori: (she lets out a sharp laugh) You have notes for your test?

 

Kai: (Looking away) Nope do you?

 

Tori: (she nods) on my Usb

 

Kai: (Pulling out a book and closing his locker) Sweet lets hit the library, I have a free period do you?

 

Tori: (She hits him on the head with her book) you really ought to bring your own notes, yeah, let’s go

 

(Kai and Tori walk into a crowd of lower school students and make their way to the library)

 

Voice of Kai: Tori moved here two years ago, we instantly became friends the day she arrived. I have trouble focusing in school and Tori is what they call a ‘closet nerd’ so she helps me study, without her I think I would fail (A beat) who knows. My Friends, the people I sit with, they are like a family (A beat) we are all so close, sometimes I think I’m more like them than my own family, Home life is (A pause) complicated. We will leave it at that.

 

(Tori and Kai enter Haven High Library, the building is newly refurbished and incredibly clean, to one side of the library book shelves line the walls while the middle is tables and chairs. There is a few students in the Library, one or two of them are playing games on laptops while others read, a Man talks to the Librarian, He wears a long black leather coat and a dark wide brim hat. As Tori and Kai enter he looks at them sharply and turns his head back to the Librarian but always keeping Kai and Tori in his vision, neither Kai or Tori take any notice of the man. Tori and Kai sit down at a computer and turn it on, while they wait for it to boot Kai looks at it blankly and Tori pulls out her books and scribbles on one of the pages)

 

Voice of Kai: Haven High Library, one of the cleanest and newest places in all of Port Haven. The old one was burnt down by a student who is still being talked about months after the event. (He thinks) Port Haven (A beat) Not much a Haven really. Port Haven is a small mining town on the the coast. The town itself is more like an island with just one road in and out of the town, this is the only land which connects us to the main land (A beat) My only way out (A pause). A mining town, apparently they are good. My friends father once heard me complaining about how much I dislike the town and he snapped at me saying stuff like “A mining town is good for ya boy! Puts hairs on ya chest!” But this statement doesn’t even make sense I’m mean how can a town put hairs on your chest!

 

(Tori talks while Kai looks blankly at the computer screen, Kai is lost in thought and not listening to her, after a short while she realizes and bumps him to snap him out of his trans)

 

Tori: Kai your not even listening to me! (She slaps him gently) You better stop focusing on the screen and more on your test! Miss Franze is cruel to give us a test on out last day!

Kai: (Snapping out of it) Huh! Wha? Yeah I know! What a b***h! (He looks up and the Librarian is looking down on them, she looks at them and puts her finger over her mouth ‘shh’)


Librarian: (Angrily) Shhh


Kai: Sorry (He looks down and she walks away. When out of ear shot they look at each other and laugh and continue speaking)

 

Tori: What a witch! (She laughs) Ok time to focus, lets cram stuff into that head of yours! (She smiles and turns to the laptop and explains notes)

 

Voice of Kai: she was always good at that

Kai: (Smiling and turning to the computer) yup let’s do this

 

Tori: (Getting excited and hitting Kai’s hand) Oh, Oh yea you coming this weekend!? 

Kai: (shocked) Oh um where?

 

Tori: (Looking at him) Camping (Kai opens his mouth ‘Ohhhh’) DUH (she hits him with a book gently) A swear you have the memory of a Goldfish! Josh said his dad is going to take us out (Kai frowns, Tori Drags on the ‘Buuuuuttttttt’) BUT he is leaving once we unpack his car! Its going to be great!

 

Kai: How could I forget! Hang on wait! Today is Friday! (She nods, he grins) Luckily I packed! (He smiles)

 

Tori: (She claps he hand with excitement) YAY! So that means it will be You, Josh, Kate, Amy said she should be allowed, Leon, Kelly and Me!

 

Kai: Wow seven of us! Didn’t think Kate would be allowed (He smiles) Awesome, but what about everyone else?

 

Tori: (She half frowns) No one was allowed to go, plus Josh said that his car won’t fit many people so yeah, I guess the seven of us will have to do (She smiles) But come on we will be awesome!

 

Kai: Yeah it will still be great! Is anyone going to bring drinks? I mean I don’t want to get wasted so I forget who I am (A beat) but a little bit of fun is what we need!

 

Tori: Josh said he will, but we will be pushing it for room, knowing Amy she has a pair of suitcases packed for us! (She looks behind her and Josh enters holding a paper bag of fast food)Oh here comes the devil himself

 

(Josh walks up and lets out a basic wave)

 

Josh: (He smiles as Tori and Kai look at the paper bag, Braggingly) Hey guys,  so I’ve missed out on school all day because one of the teachers pulled me out of First period to help her get stuff out of her car and then she shouted me lunch.

 

Tori: (Tori and Kai look at each other) Hello Josh. (Sarcastically) Oh why thank you I’m having a good day, how is yours? (Kai and Tori laugh)

 

Voice of Kai: Josh is a pretty good mate of mine, but sometimes we just bump heads. One minute we are fine the next he becomes a total a*****e and I just hate to be around him. Josh and I kinda just met, he is one of those people you always know because they were just there. When Josh asked me if I wanted to come camping and I couldn’t say no, I need to get away from the real world.

 

Kai: Sounds like one of us is having a good day, you have any chips left? You reckon we can have some, I’m starving, didn’t get to have lunch (He looks at Tori) someone gave my lunch time away so I could help move tables.

 

Josh: (Josh looks at them both and shrugs) Well (He thinks and looks down at the food) I guess you could have a chip, there isn’t much left

 

Tori: (Shouting and mad) A chip (She is flustered at his rudeness) A chip! Well that couldn’t satisfy a Dying fly! Keep em!

 

Josh: (He shrugs) Meh (Turing to Kai and changing subject) Camping?

 

Kai: (He smiles) Yep, wouldn’t miss it for the world!


(Josh turns to Tori and waits for an answer, she looks at him and smiles)

 

Tori: Yeah, but my parents say I’m pushing it, they almost said no, but I got the ok (She smiles)

 

Josh: (Josh pats Tori and Kai on back) Sweet so its my place at five then, will see you there! Ok? (He starts walking away when Tori grabs him by the shirt and pulls him back)

 

Tori: Hold up! Where we going? You seemed to have missed that part out (She laughs)

 

Josh: Oh um (A pause) not sure, (He thinks for a short moment and shrugs) Dad knows this really nice place, out bush somewhere, should be good

 

Tori: (She lets go) Yeah that's good enough for me

 

(Josh exits waving goodbye without turning around, the Man in the jacket walks out after Josh leaves, Kai looks at him and shrugs. Both Kai and Tori shrug and turn to the computer monitor to study)

© 2012 Panda


Author's Note

Panda
It has become apparent that a full length script is tiresome to read so I have broken them into scenes. Thanks again for your time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a great story!! I couldn't stop reading it lol!! i was so engrossed that i didn't even realize my teacher was behind me and i got in trouble but it was definitly worth it!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Panda

11 Years Ago

Ahh sorry!!! Haha evil teachers :P Thanks heaps I'm glad you liked it :) I hope the rest of the epis.. read more
MissEpic2902

11 Years Ago

lol I agree!! teacher's are evil!! but I'm sure it will be!!
Amanda, I love the story so far. It sounds like scriptwriting is something you may have a knack for. Try to get this VERY SHORT book about scriptwriting. If you can't get it online, email me your address and I will MAIL you one thru the post office...Scriptwriting is MUCH easier than novel writing, because you can put on paper, very quickly, what you SEE in your mind's eye!
My email: [email protected]
Amazon link to the book: http://www.amazon.com/Elements-Style-Screenwriters-Essential-Screenplays/dp/1580650031


Posted 11 Years Ago


this is really great! i can really picture it in my mind.. ;) i like it! cant wait to read more~~

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Panda

11 Years Ago

Thanks :D Took me a long time to write this series :D
SaRuGi

11 Years Ago

no problem ~ it is worth it :D:D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 4, 2012
Last Updated on September 4, 2012

Author

Panda
Panda

Western Australia, Australia



About
Hello :D Call me Panda ;) I am 18 year old and have become a massive fan of writing! Ever since little I had the dream to get my name know, so I will share my writing with you. Please feel free to ad.. more..

Writing