What We Once Were Episode 1 Scene 4

What We Once Were Episode 1 Scene 4

A Screenplay by Panda
"

The epic struggle begins when Kai and his friends, Josh, Kelly, Amy, Tori, Kate and Leon set out camping at the end of the school year. But this is the beginnin of something new. Something unnatural.

"

Chapter 1 Part 4


Characters:

Kai Dumpty
Kelly Chiner

Amy Heart
Leon O’neil

Kate Creer
Josh Racthorn
Tori Jean

Domanic Racthorn


Scene 4.1 " The Car

Dominic Racthorn has a four wheeled drive troop carrier car. The care is half packed full of bags and eskies while the other half have been bad into a bed using blankets and pillows, the car is a mouldy brown, with dim headlights and a loud rattly engine. It does not have good suspension and can not help but fail when it is needed most

 

(The group sits in the car, most of them are basically sitting on top of each other due to lack of space, they are driving in a bumpy road out in the bush land. Kai is watching Dr Who on his new Ipod/music player while Josh sits infront with his father. Kate and Kelly are talking to Kai while also watching Dr Who. Amy and Leon are on their phones playing games or something and Tori reads Tomorrow When The War Began or some other novel)

 

Kelly: Oh I love this part!

 

Kate: Is she really his wife?

 

Kai: I don’t know but I love her acting!

 

Kelly: Na she’s actually the time travel machine

 

Kate: Oh... cool

 

Amy: Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddd no signal, im going to die.

 

Leon: who knows might get some signal there

 

Amy: (hopeful) its possible

 

Tori: Josh do you even know where we are going?

 

Josh: Dads taking us to a really great place, he’s just trying to rememeber the way

 

Kai: I was going to ask if we were backtracking I swear ive seen that same tree ten times

 

Josh’s dad: The place we are going is great! You would love it, if you walk over the hill and about 500 meters or so you find fossils of ancient fish! You'd love it Kai aren't you into that kind of stuff, history and what not?

 

Kai: (hesitant) Yeah sounds (a beat) great

 

Tori: (she laughs) what's the place like is it green?

 

Josh’s dad: yeah its really green, Oh and I'm leaving the Quad with you. Might be fun to take a look around

 

Tori: cool

 

Josh: Yeah but no one's riding it without letting me know

 

Kai: Ok

 

Josh’s Dad: Hmm car is chugging

 

Josh: (to the others) Looks like we gonna stop

 

(the car makes a coughing noise and begins to slow down)


Scene 4.2 , 5, 6, " The Elliery

The Elliery is truly breathtaking , The Elliery is two mountains which sit next to and lean over one another making constant shade within the water hole. The Elliery is a massive water hole between and under the two mountains, a waterfall falls from another pool above the mountains where the two mountains meet, in the very middle of the pond is a large rock, large enough for one or two people to fit in, on the far side is a tree which over hangs the water, its leaves drift gently down and land in the water, just to show The Elliery Majesty and beauty. Trees surround the oasis, many are really old and overgrown with vines grown up the sides of the trees themselves, when the group sets camp they set it near the water, but in a small clearing closer to the mountain on the left hand side, the campsite they set up is two tents, a trailer with the eskies on top and a toilet to the right side mountain. The mountains aren’t very high. In a small in cove in the wall of the Elliery is the words say stuff like “The Elliery beware the” and then it is scribbled or worn away, with other stuff the saying “The Curse” stuff to get the view guessing and think. The group take no notice, other than The Elliery. 

 

Josh’s dad: Oh crap she’s bout to kark it, I'll pull in and fill up the water, you guys wanna get out? (he pulls the car into a small clearing)

 

Amy: Oh my god, Yes Please

 

Kate: yeah my legs are killing me!

 

Kelly: How long have we been driving?

 

Kai: well we managed to watch the first four episodes of season 6 so id say awhile

 

(they laugh, the group struggles to wriggle past each other to get out, finaly one by one they get out. Kelly is the second last out)

 

Kelly: Ow its hot, ow ow ow Kai would you be a dear and pass me my shoes please

 

Kai: No probs (he crawls back into the car looking under the chairs for Kellys shoes, while searching he finds a small silver knife that he pushes aside, after a little bit more searching he finds her shoes, and puts the small knife in his pocket with out noticing, he passes the shoes to Kelly who is still complaining bout the heat) there ya go (he smiles)

 

Kelly: thanks!

 

Kai: Thanks for the present

 

Kelly: No problem, I still cant believe you didn’t tell me

 

Kai: didn’t think it was important

 

Amy: (from around the corner, yelling out to the others) Oi Kai, Kelly get your bums here!

 

Kai: (he laughs) where are you

 

Josh: Just follow the path thingy

 

Kai: Lets go

 

(kai and Kelly walk along the path talking as they go, they can hear voices echoing in front of them of the others talking and yelling at each other)

 

Amy: Come on slow pokes!

 

(Kai and Kelly finally reach them and opens up to a huge pool like pond. On the back wall there is another level with a small blocked waterfall, and a tree over hanging sticking out of the back wall, two huge massive cliffs stoop over them making it almost shady at all times and keeps the sun out of the clear greenish water, in the very middle is a small rock almost completely submerged under the water. and a small path of pebbles also submerged)

 

Amy: Its amazing

 

Josh: Dad says the other place is better

 

Kelly: Well the cars having issues

 

Josh: Yeah dad said he wont be long

 

Kai: Why don’t we just unpack and stay here while your dad works on the car

 

Josh: Because this isn’t the right place

 

Tori: But I like it here

 

Josh: But (he is cut off)

 

Kate: Josh lets just stay here (she walks up and holds his arm)

 

Josh: Fine, ill go tell dad

 

Leon: Cool. We might as well come to unpack

 

Kelly: Good thunking 99

 

(they laugh and start to head back to the car)

 

(back at the camp site the teens unpack and set up a tent, leaving half the stuff in a trailer they only take out stuff to sit in, several chairs are set up around where the fire is meant to be set up, Kai, Kelly and Amy go to set up a stop to go toilet, Tori and Kate sit in the chairs while they talk to Josh who is cutting wood with a axe, obviously showing off. Leon also sits in the tent putting all the important bag and sleeping bags in there. The Quad bike sits in the trailer)

 

Tori: Josh how is it that you always find a excuse to take your shirt off?

 

(Kate laughs)

 

Kate: He thinks is sexy

 

Tori: Oh you love it Kate

 

Kate: (she laughs) I don’t see why he needs to do it though

 

Josh: Its hot

 

Tori: Leon isn’t taking off his shirt? and he is in the tent that thing is like a oven

 

Leon: Oh its not that bad

 

Amy: Yes it is (she winks at Leon)

 

Josh: Na I bet it's not as hot as out here

 

Tori: What eva, I don’t care, I'm just sick of seeing Gandalf The White

 

Josh: Oi im not that white

 

Kate: You are but I don’t know why, I mean im sure you take your shirt off when ever you can, how on earth do you not have a tan!?

 

(Tori, Leon and Kate laugh. Josh blushes. Leon climbs out of the tent and looks around, Tori gets up and gets Kate and herself a Popbee Or a Pepsi soda)

 

Kate: I swear I am addicted to this stuff

 

Tori: You really are

 

Leon: Where is the others? (he asks while looking around)

 

Josh: They gone to get the crapper ready

 

Kate: (angrly) Josh!

 

Josh: (he shrugs) What?

 

Tori: We have children around (she pats kate on the her head, she looks at her with one eyebrow up)

 

Leon: I’ll go see if they need a hand

 

Kate: Ok, Oh can you tell Amy ants are in her bed

 

Leon: ah (pause) ok?

 

Kate: Thanks buddy

 

(Leon runs off in the direction the others went a little while ago, Amy, Kelly and Kai stand around a small hole they dug next to a tree.)

 

Kelly: (she squats over the hole) Yup all good

 

(they laugh)

 

Amy: Hold it, I need to get a photo of this (she pulls out her camera)

 

Kelly: Quick sticks I haven’t all day

 

Amy: (the camera flashes) This is gold

 

(they laugh again)

 

Kai: We better head back and tell the others

 

Kelly: yeah

 

Amy: whats the bet Josh has his shirt off

 

(they giggle amongst themselves for a short while and start to walk towards the camp where smoke is finaly rising)

 

Kai: looks like they got that fire going

 

Amy: This could be a interesting night

 

Kai: I agree. I mean at school we are pretty crazy, but teachers and school work always gets in the way of the real fun. Im so excited!

 

Kelly: Na don’t you know the rule?

 

(Amy trips over a stick, but regains balance)

 

Amy: What rule is that?

 

Kelly: The rule, you sleep early the first night to make the most of tomorrow

 

Amy: Oh, but why not make the most of tonight?

 

Kelly: (she laughs) I don’t know, its the (a beat) rule

 

Kai: that's interesting because the amount of energy drinks we’ve had I doubt that would be possible

 

Amy: he has a point

 

(Leon walks out from behind a tree)

 

Kai: Oh looks whose come to join the potty makers

 

Leon: (he laughs) Hey

 

Amy: Got sick of them?

 

Leon: Got bored

 

Kelly: What they doing?

 

Leon: Kate and Tori are talking, Josh’s dad is still tinkering around in the car and Josh is chopping wood for some reason, I was under the impression people just collected it?

 

Kelly: If only he agreed to that statement

 

Kai: Meh, no problem with chopped wood

 

Amy: Yeah, I mean why not

 

Leon: Oh and he’s shirtless

 

(they fake cry)

 

Kelly: we knew he would

 

(they now laugh)

 

Kelly: (Entering the campsite) Hey Kai we should go for a explore later (she smiles and pats Leon gently on the back)

 

(they enter the camp site, Josh now sits in a chair drinking a Energy drink talking to Tori and Kate, Josh’s dad is still fiddling around with the car, the fire roars in the middle of the camp site and a tents sit to the far side. Next to the row of three tents is a trailer which has two eskies on it and several cartons of drink and bags of dry food)

 

Kai: Sweet sounds good, anyone else?

 

Josh: Oh I will. I'm pretty keen to get a good look around.

 

Kai: Cool. We can take to the hill in the direction we just came from. I looks like it would be easy to climb and get a good view of the place.

 

Amy: Kate and I are going to talk Gossip so count me out

 

Tori: I think I might join in on the Goss

 

Leon: Na sorry (He stands up) I might take a look around on my own for a while.

 

(Leon exits the campsite and heads to the opposite direction that they had just entered from.)

 

Kai: (Calling out) No problem (Leon leans back a little and waves)

 

Kelly: (looking around at the tents and set up) Nice work guys. Im thoroughly impressed. A set up for (Taking Kates hand and pulling her up dancing to the music in a fun friendly manner) Kings and Queens!  

 

Kate: (Laughing pulling Kai in as he joins in dancing) No probs, (Sarcasticly) We did so much of the work its not funny! (Her and Tori laugh)

 

Josh: (Standing up defensively)  I did most of it, so (a beat) Kai, (he points to Kai) you and Leon can cook!

 

Kai: yeah whatever (Smiling and enjoying the music)

 

Tori: So we are staying here for the night?

 

Kai: Yeah looks that way.

 

Tori: I might go check out the water (She walks off towards the Waterhole)

 

(With that the car Crackles and begins to work again)

 

Josh’s Dad: (standing up brushing himself off) Sweet knew I could get her working (he smiles proudly) So you guys all good? I will be back in four days ok? If you need to call me, go to the top of that hill (He points to a hill that is on the right side of the Pond) Ok cya Kiddies (he gets in the car and heads off)

 

Amy and Kate: Cya (they all wave good bye, as the car begins to grow further in the distance and their grins grow)

 

Josh: You ready for the walk? (to kai and Kelly)

 

Kelly: Im up for it you still in Kai?

 

Kai: Yeah (they get up to walk again) we might see the sun set

 

(Tori runs back into the campsite with excitement plastered over her face)

 

Tori: The water is lovely! I just had a put my foot in its amazing! who wants to come? (she gets up and gets her towel)

 

Kate: (Jumping up excitedly) Yay! Im in! (She runs off after Tori and is followed by Amy)

 

Leon: (Walking into the campsite) Where's everyone else?

 

Kai: They are just having a swim, apparently its lovely


(Leon picks up his towel and walks off towards the pool)

© 2012 Panda


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on September 4, 2012
Last Updated on September 4, 2012

Author

Panda
Panda

Western Australia, Australia



About
Hello :D Call me Panda ;) I am 18 year old and have become a massive fan of writing! Ever since little I had the dream to get my name know, so I will share my writing with you. Please feel free to ad.. more..

Writing