What We Once Were Episode 1 Scene 5

What We Once Were Episode 1 Scene 5

A Screenplay by Panda
"

The epic struggle begins when Kai and his friends, Josh, Kelly, Amy, Tori, Kate and Leon set out camping at the end of the school year. But this is the beginnin of something new. Something unnatural.

"

Chapter 1 Part 5


Characters:


Kai Dumpty
Kelly Chiner

Amy Heart
Leon O’neil

Kate Creer
Josh Racthorn
Tori Jean



Scene 4.2 , 5, 6, " The Elliery

The Elliery is truly breathtaking , The Elliery is two mountains which sit next to and lean over one another making constant shade within the water hole. The Elliery is a massive water hole between and under the two mountains, a waterfall falls from another pool above the mountains where the two mountains meet, in the very middle of the pond is a large rock, large enough for one or two people to fit in, on the far side is a tree which over hangs the water, its leaves drift gently down and land in the water, just to show The Elliery Majesty and beauty. Trees surround the oasis, many are really old and overgrown with vines grown up the sides of the trees themselves, when the group sets camp they set it near the water, but in a small clearing closer to the mountain on the left hand side, the campsite they set up is two tents, a trailer with the eskies on top and a toilet to the right side mountain. The mountains aren’t very high. In a small in cove in the wall of the Elliery is the words say stuff like “The Elliery beware the” and then it is scribbled or worn away, with other stuff the saying “The Curse” stuff to get the view guessing and think. The group take no notice, other than The Elliery.

 

(Kai, Kelly and Josh stand in awe as the sun sets softly over the mountains, the sight is pure and more then stunning. The endless range of hills and trees goes on for what seems like ever. From here Kai can see several pools of water that the sun reflects off making a beautiful pattern of orange and pink that almost seems to laminate the dense woods around the pools. There are no words shared between them for a long amount of time. But the same things are on their minds.)

 

Voice Of Kai: Nothing will ever damage this moment

 

Josh: This is amazing, (Flustered) I, I have never seen something so amazing!

 

Kai: If only it could be held forever

 

Kelly: It can be silly (She pokes Kai in the head) deep in there (Placing her hand on his chest where his heart is) And here (smiles and Takes Josh and Kai's hand)

 

Kai: That made no sense but I understand you

 

Kelly: amazing the way words can mean so little

 

Josh: But be so important

 

Kai: Yet be so imperfect

 

(Once the word comes from Kai's mouth the sun has escaped the world. Falling behind the woods, the trees now seem to be glowing with the same faint orange that danced on the water across the land)

 

Kelly: (Upset that the moment has ended yet at peace with it) I guess we better head back before it becomes too dark

 

(they turn around and start to track back down the hill)

 

Voice Of Kai: With only the voice of the wind and the warmth of those I love can make me question how wrong this world really is (a beat) Lets me forget the war in the North, the Cross Fire in the south and crisis and riots in the west. It seems the West is the only save place. Port Haven remains unscathed from the damaged cruel world.

 

(they walk back into the campsite all the others are sitting around the fire getting dry, they are cold and shivering)

 

Kai: How was the swim

 

Amy: (chittering teeth) Ittttt wassss ggggooooooooood

 

Josh: (Sarcastic) Uh-huh I bet it was.  

 

Tori: Its just cold now

 

Kai: I’ll make the fire bigger (Walking over and collecting firewood)

 

Kelly: I’ll get dinner started, you all hungry?

 

Leon: Yeah

 

Josh: your always hungry (he walks up and sits with Kate who is sitting on a large log, he wraps his arms around her and hugs her)

 

Amy: (To Kelly) So Kate was telling me that Petirass is dating Monique? Is that right Kelly?

 

Kelly: Just because I hang out with the girls who have the strings on everyone does not mean I know everything (She giggles) But as usual we are not meant to know about their little rumour which by the way is most certainly true! (She laughs)

 

Josh: How is that even possible she is popular and he is a social reject?

 

Amy: (In deep thought) Love finds us In the oddest ways (blushing)

 

Kate: Oh yeah by the way Amy is dating Dom

 

Kai: (a few of them laugh) Well that wasn’t obvious

 

Amy: We are taking it slow so we decide to not tell many people after my last relationship!

 

Tori: (Under her breath) Because you only just got out of it?

 

Josh: (Yelling to no one) SHE’S DATING DOM!

 

(they laugh, Amy slaps him)

 

Amy: Shut up

 

Kate: (yelling) AMY’S DATING DOM!

 

Amy: KATE! do not! encourage him

 

(they laugh)

 

Tori: We should play truth and dare!

 

Amy: Oh god no

 

Kai: Oh yea

 

Kelly: im in

 

Kate: GOSSIP! I am so in

 

Leon: Hmm I guess

 

Kate: Josh?

 

Josh: Yea, but I'm not moving I'm comfy

 

Tori: (starting off) Ok (she thinks) Josh, Truth or dare?

 

Josh: Truth obviously! As I said I cant be bothered moving

 

Tori: Hm (she thinks) Guys? Help?

 

Kelly: Oh oh oh, Have you ever had sexual fantasies about Kate?

 

Josh: Aw um (he looks at her blushing) Yes

 

(Amy lets out a massive laugh and pats Kate on the back)

 

Tori: Ok Josh now you ask someone

 

Josh: Um (Kissing Kate on the cheek) Kate, Truth or Dare

 

Kate: I Know how bad your dares are so I’ll go truth

 

Josh: Whose the best boy friend you ever had?

 

Kate: Well because you the only real one I have ever had id have to say you

 

Josh: Oh yeah that's right. (he hugs her)

 

Tori: you know what let's just play truth. No one is going to pick dares after last time!

 

Kai: ok sounds a bit easier

 

Tori: Anyone got questions?

 

Kai: (Standing up) na sorry, be right back got to go to the loo

 

(Kai leaves and starts to walk to the toilet. Kai begins to walk back from the toilet. When he hears a stick snap behind him. He turns around)

 

Kai: Guys?

 

Voice Of Kai: As if, don’t you hate when your mind plays tricks on you, worse yet, the feeling of being watched is just as horrific

 

Kai: Hello?

 

(he shrugs and tells himself it is nothing and keeps on walking, he enters the camp as josh is half way through answering a question)

 

Leon: Damien

 

Tori: REALLY!?

 

Josh: Yeah

 

Tori: Kai! (Smiling) you're up! Truth!

 

Kai: (he laughs changing the subject) Interesting night isn’t it?

 

Tori: well? Nah! (Kai interrupts her)

 

Kai: What's the time?

 

Kelly: (Out of nowhere taking some of them by suprise) Dinner time, Grubs up kids

 

(Kai exhales and relaxes, they all start to get up)

 

Kate: oooo what did you cook?

 

Kelly: Burgers

 

Kate: But im vegetarian?

 

Kelly: I know, Kai told me, yours isn’t meat

 

Kate: Oh thanks

 

(kai washes his hands)

 

Kai: Thanks Kelly

 

Kelly: No problems, We need to name this place

 

Kate: there was something on the wall

 

Tori: The Elliery

 

Kelly: Interesting, I like it, we should come back here

 

Amy: Every year

 

Leon: Its our spot

 

Kai: Its amazing

 

(they all sit down and eat, the night drifts on they continue to talk one by one they fall asleep, they are having fun, Amy sings a song for them as Josh attempts to play guitar, Kai and Kelly are the last ones left as the night went on and they to fall asleep almost in perfect sync)

© 2012 Panda


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on September 4, 2012
Last Updated on September 4, 2012

Author

Panda
Panda

Western Australia, Australia



About
Hello :D Call me Panda ;) I am 18 year old and have become a massive fan of writing! Ever since little I had the dream to get my name know, so I will share my writing with you. Please feel free to ad.. more..

Writing