Time Capusle

Time Capusle

A Story by Travis

The first time he laid eyes on her the world seemed to stop, not freeze where everyone stopped moving. No, people just seemed to stop aging, the world was forever locked in that moment for those two, like a time capsule. She had said it was the same for her, and they were happy. They didn’t find this out until later of course, the day still went through its motions, and it just seemed the people were locked in this moment with these two. Their favorite place to go was the park, watching the same newly together couple walk through the park, unaware of their watchers. They then visited the lake to see the turtles, always babies who clung to their mothers, unsure of if the presence of them was a good or bad one. The two still had their bad days, maybe she didn’t want to go and see the same couple again that week, or even the turtles for that matter. So they started spending nights on the hill, staring up into the seemingly endless night, pointing out every consolation, until there was nothing to do but bask in the wonder of it all.

 

 Eventually they found hobbies to occupy time, rather than be with each other 24/7. The man had his writing and reading. And the girl had her ever-growing talent for music and theater. They found solace in each other’s talents, the man reading his newly formed stories, and the woman singing the night into day. Yet, the man grew frightened with her growth in her social circle and invitations to casting parties, and stuck with his more isolated group of friends, the ones he had always known. The woman however, with her growing connections and social circle, bloomed into a social butterfly. But their caring for each other never waned despite this difference. The man made appearances with the woman still. Though less and less with every larger party. The woman understood his reasons and never pressured him to go out, which didn’t end her goings.

 

They still managed to visit the park, that pleasure growing few and far between with their expanding schedules. Well, more often than not the woman’s schedule. Yet, the man understood and cared for her no less than the day they met, but still not attending more parties than was comfortable. Eventually park retreats were every few months, with promises of more when the acting season calmed down. The man still loved hearing the adventures the woman took part in, despite the jealousy that his personality didn’t allow for it. Or even that he couldn’t be as open socially, or even half as talented. Yet they both cared for each other no less than their meeting day.

 

 

 

One day they were at the park after a lot of planning and schedule arranging, getting their right on the cusp of sunset.  After chatting for a while and laughing at each other’s company, the man saw the newly together couple walking through the park. The man pointed it out to the woman, hoping to relive the days of less busy hours and less work. Yet the woman seemed confused, where the man saw the young couple, she saw a middle aged couple growing into their golden years. She inquired about the man’s eyes, and he asked the same back, hoping it was a joke. They shrugged it off as mutual fault and made their way to the river. The man stood back, smiling and laughing at the innocence of the still young turtles eyeing the two and wondering about their goals. He stopped abruptly, his eyes dropping to the woman kneeling towards the water, laughing to herself as well. He questioned her as to what she was laughing at, to which she replied it was the turtles that had grown so quickly since their last visit. The man, stunned by her change in view, followed her to the hill to gaze up at the consolations. He grew further and further into this state of ending between the two as she pointed out more and more new consolations, excited that she had never seen these before.

 

The man went home in a pit of despair, knowing in his head that this was the end between the two of them. They grew farther apart as the man ventured farther into this pit. Sure there was indeed no way of stopping this from happening. He stayed stuck in that moment where they had met, while the woman lived in the moment, sad that the man couldn’t join him. The only thing he didn’t know was that, if he just broke free of that capsule, he could experience even better moments than the ones he got caught in.

 

Or perhaps he did know that, and was just too afraid of what might happen if he left that moment, so he stayed stuck in his head.  Perhaps someday he’d learn…

 

© 2016 Travis


Author's Note

Travis
Just tell me whatever you think could be fixed. Ignore grammar for the most part, and dot be afraid to criticize it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

there's just no criticism...what you wrote is the reality of most stories...when everything seems to go perfect there is something which shatters the life..it's actually very rare that both the boy and the girl remains the same to each other...i think this story would be very close to your heart..i liked the time when both of them spent time with each other..

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

there's just no criticism...what you wrote is the reality of most stories...when everything seems to go perfect there is something which shatters the life..it's actually very rare that both the boy and the girl remains the same to each other...i think this story would be very close to your heart..i liked the time when both of them spent time with each other..

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was so beautiful, and true.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2016
Last Updated on July 23, 2016

Author

Travis
Travis

VA



About
I'm trying to get my writing out there to others, and I absolutely love and will message anyone who reviews my work. more..

Writing