The Approach

The Approach

A Story by Travis

The Approach 

 

 

When the final tornado has calmed, as did the populous that inhabited the planet earth. The apocalypse had finally ended, years of unending disasters and it ends like that, a wisp of wind fleeting into the sky. People rejoice, mothers cry, as do the fathers, their hard shell cracking and their emotions pouring through. They embrace their family, even people who aren't family they hug, laugh, and cry, they’ve all been through the same thing, Hell. The things around them may be destroyed, single chimneys standing, broken windows, and even sea animals where they shouldn’t be, but those who are left are closer than thought possible. Soldiers have been given time off, the world is at peace and fighting has long since ended. Differing opinions put aside religion, politics, and race, they just don’t care. United under one killer of hundreds of millions. Even separated families feel each others love from across the forgotten planet. Scientist hug, giving up a reason as to why it started years ago, and now searching for why it stopped. No one being will figure it out, well... except me. And while the winds may have stopped, the water receding, and fires turned to ash, their turmoil isn't over. Its what they have yet to see or will see most likely. The calm before the storm, and nothing there to anticipate or even come close to stopping it.  

 

A meteor approach. 

© 2016 Travis


Author's Note

Travis
I wrote this somewhat out of the blue, my boyfriend said something that sparked some idea. And so I wrote this is a matter of minutes. It is probably not good, haha, but I enjoyed writing it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on December 2, 2016
Last Updated on December 2, 2016

Author

Travis
Travis

VA



About
I'm trying to get my writing out there to others, and I absolutely love and will message anyone who reviews my work. more..

Writing