Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Story Starter

Story Starter

A Story by Travis

Story Starter 

 

 

"It was a dark, wet alley in the very armpit of Brooklyn. And here I was, minding my own business, patrolling again this week. The dark clouds smothered sun, and was finally going down for the count. I was ready for anything to pop out of this city by now, even that Dame holding a gun in front of me. And man, was  she a feisty one." I narrated, trying to liven up my shift by pretending to be in a crime noir movie. In all actuality there wasn’t any girl in front of me, maybe a homeless man hidden beneath his rotting cardboard house. A few drops of dew trickled onto my hat and falling onto my badge, starting to build grime after years in the force. I got to the end of another alley and sighed, why had the Captain put me on another alley watch? I got lost in thought and lost in the sky so I didn’t see the Hummer Limo pull up in front of me until it was too late. The door opened, smacking my face with the white painted metal and something pushed me into the leather seats of the car. I turned just in time to see the door starting to shut and kicked my leg out, hitting someone somewhere in the face region, hearing a grunt but no reaction. The door closed on my leg and I drew it back in, and before realizing my fatal mistake the door was shut and locked. The car started moving off from the alley, all in a matter of seconds. I lunged to check around the door for something to let me out, resolving to take my sock off and break the window. I slowly started to slide my shoe off. 

 

"I know you're smarter than that, Mr. Woodley, that window would first break your hand than break itself." A voice said, coming from all places at once. I looked around the Limo, completely stripped besides a single container on the floor. The limo itself looked to be a party car, built for tens of people, and all the lights were tinted purple-ish and the seats were shiny black leather. I made my way towards the container. 


"Good, now we're moving Woodley, in the box you'll find your weapon of choice to help you escape this dungeon." He said, I noticed his voice was a bit muffled. I opened the box and in lay a leaky pen, red ink pooling in the plastic bottom. 


"They do say it is mightier than the sword, wouldn't you say?" He laughed, I picked it up from the very back to not get any ink on my hands. Looking out the tinted windows landscapes flashed by, restaurants, late night walkers, and buildings with stargazers up top. 


"In the front of this ecosystem killer, under the seat cushion, you'll find your shield, Knight Woodley."  He told me, and sure enough, it was a paper. He chuckled to himself, meanwhile I was trying to figure out who this was, if they had to muffle their voice, there was a good chance I knew them at some point. On the paper was a multitude of article clippings, all about the police chief and something about him working with some of the iffy gangs, among other things. Except I had never seen these before, and I read the newspaper every morning. 

"These never got out to actual papers because the newspaper said they might 'incite bad behavior among the populous'. Now, what I want you to do is  take the paper, and take the pen, and take this directly to the chief and force him to sign it, giving us the rights to publish. Of course, if you disagree, we can always crash this car into something, but I think you're smarter than that, we'll be waiting Woodley," the voice said, hungry for my response, negative or not.  

© 2016 Travis


Author's Note

Travis
For this, we had to randomly pick three aspects for a story and effectively create the beginning of a story. This one I am a little proud of, it seemed to just work for me, and I really enjoyed writing it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on December 2, 2016
Last Updated on December 11, 2016

Author

Travis
Travis

VA



About
I'm trying to get my writing out there to others, and I absolutely love and will message anyone who reviews my work. more..

Writing