Twelveth Hour

Twelveth Hour

A Chapter by Lazy.
"

This is the prolouge.

"
All he saw was the broken shards of glass flying through the air, and sand spilling across the floor. Then he was there. Jack Legend. The man who wanted him dead.
"Don't do this." Philippe Legend the 2nd said desperately.
"What do you have for me? I can spare your life." Jack said with a cruel grin.
"I don't have anything."
"Your baby."
"No!"
"Its either your son or your life." Jack smothered the sand across the floor, waiting for Philippe's decision. Philippe knew he had until midnight. And then, he was gone, with a trail of glass and sand leaving through the back door of the castle.

It was 11:50. Ten more.minutes and Jack would make up Philippe's mind. He was at home, cherishing the new baby boy, Philippe the 3rd, with his wife, Jenny. Philippe watched the minute hand move slightly clockwise. TICK. 11:51. He couldn't wait any longer.
"Jenny, I have to go. Philippe said with an emotionless face.
"Philippe-"
"Please, Jenny. This is important." TICK. 11:52.
Jenny sighed. She finally answered. "Be back by midnight."

He knew where he was. Where it all began. The Woodpoint Castle. The woodpoint castle was 30 miles away. He knew that he wouldn't make it in time. Meanwhile, jack waited. TICK. 12:00. It was the twelveth hour.
Then he chose.
"I'M HERE!" Philippe bursted through the doors of the castle. He stared at the classic, Roman numeraled, grandfather clock that stood at the stained glass windows. It was 12:30.
"You're too late, Philippe. I have chosen." Jack said evilly.
"But-"
"I've decided to do both."
"Jack!" Before he even had time to think, Jack pushed him down as he pulled out his 36-inch sword.
"Any last words?"
"Don't hurt him." Philippe said, trembling.
"I won't." Jack saw a tear come out of his eye. It had to be done, Jack thought.
He swung the sword.

Jenny worried. Philippe wasn't back she stared at the phone, desperatly waiting for it to ring. And then it did.
She picked up the phone, but it wasn't Philippe. "Your baby is now in a safe place." Said the man over the phone. He hung up, leaving Jenny puzzled. Then it hit her. She frantically bursted through the doors of Philippe the 3rd's bedroom and looked inside the crib. He was gone. She fell back, and she stepped on something sharp. Jenny looked down on the floor and saw a trail of sand and broken shards of glass exiting through the window.

Jack Legend was a man of his word. He wasn't going to hurt the baby. He wasn't going to keep him either. He cradled the baby in a blanket and approached a small bakery, called the Grand House. He knocked on the wooden door and left into the snowy darkness.

The owners of the bakery was Mr. and Mrs. Hours. They read the note that jack wrote that would explain some things. Mrs. Hours stroked Philippe's strait hair.
"Mindy we cant keep this baby." Mr. Hours said Mrs. Hours.
"Who else can keep him?" We have to." Mrs. Hours looked at Philippe. She then knew there was something special about him...


© 2013 Lazy.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on May 20, 2013
Last Updated on May 20, 2013


Author

Lazy.
Lazy.

nowhere, really, MD



About
I'm an awesome, left handed guy with a fedora, and writing is my haven from my vapid and somewhat unfair world. Oh, yeah, and I'm extremely lazy, hence the name. more..

Writing
Hearing Hearing

A Poem by Lazy.


Broken Hour Broken Hour

A Book by Lazy.