Consciousness

Consciousness

A Story by L0v3craft
"

Just a thought...perhaps even a bit profound :]

"

            Consciousness, I think, is itself its own individual being; a presence completely unique and defined from the concept of what a soul is. Both are very much so different, and a soul is just a stranger as we are stranger to it; a spiritual being harboring within our body as it journeys to the next life and the ones to follow it. A soul has never once been a person, merely energy preserving itself in a vessel controlled by the individual�" Consciousness. Through infinite gulfs of black cosmos, the soul ventures through a fathomless sea between ancient stars. It cannot exist within material worlds without creating a vessel�" that may become consciously aware of itself. Suffice is it to say that our soul could very well be our own God.

            We are the conscious; defined beings that embark on our own journeys through the afterlife, or may see it fitting to remain on the material world as ghosts; shadows of our former selves. I don’t believe there is a significant purpose for our existence�" I think we’re meant to be ghosts on this Earth, and we have the ability to create our own worlds to reside in. We have no reason to throw ourselves into some epic spiritual war between good and evil (that is if it exists beyond this life in some spiritual concept); to dwell in supernatural silence forevermore.

© 2012 L0v3craft


Author's Note

L0v3craft
Not sure if the category/genre is correct for this sort of piece...or if this kind of writing is considered appropiate literature to be shared. -shrugs- lemme know what you think, my luvs ;]


Anyway, this is a VERY old thought I had back in the ol days when I was very pessimistic and had a negative view on an afterlife/soul (as in, I didn't doubt the existence, but had a kinda negative attitude like, "so what? doesn't mean its going to be great on the otherside-- it'll be just as boring or worse than life.").

I'm much less negative than how I was before I can assure you all ;]]

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
An old thought or not, it becomes intriguing and challenges historic belief systems which, in itself, demonstrates a fine sense of originality of thught. The concept was well presented in clear language, was well structued and thoroughly enjoyed.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 24, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012
Tags: philosohpical, spiritual

Author

L0v3craft
L0v3craft

NPR, FL



About
"I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, .. more..

Writing