The Notion

The Notion

A Story by Kathryn Smith

These are the days we've been waiting for


On days like these who could ask for more?


Keep them coming because we're not done yet


These are the days we wont regret





These are the days we won't forget





It was 2 years ago. On the night before my golden birthday, I stood in a place called the Grand, in Killarney, Ireland.


"Come on! You're never going to see any of these people ever again..and you're probably never going to be back here for the rest of your life!"


Tiffany, a Canadian girl in my tour group, was trying to convince me to dance with her. She wanted to put on a little show for the people enjoying the live music in front of the pub.


I got out of my shell, joined her, and had so much fun...yet I remember before I danced I had felt a hunch. There was a tugging in my gut and a little voice popped in my head.


She's wrong! Don't listen to her Kathryn! You're coming back here! You'll be returning one day!!!!



Lately it's been alarming me how my heart and mind have not been deceiving me. My intuition is always right.


Always.


On that night in The Grand I shrugged off the voice and thought it was just wishful thinking. Still no matter how hard I tried to ignore the notion that this place was special, it just kept coming back.


I accidentally pressed record on my camera while walking down Main Street one night with my mother.


A video recorded and you can hear my voice saying: "This place is beautiful! It's SO beautiful! I wish I could live here!"


Out of all the places I visited in Ireland, Killarney had a certain air to it that others did not.


It simply felt like home.


It felt like something was there for me. I didn't know quite what back then.


Fast-forward to today, and there is something there for me.



There is a person there.


A person who will hold me in his arms.


A person who crosses my mind every day.


Someone who is an awful lot like myself.


He might be reading these very words, so I won't say much. I don't want to scare him away! It would take pages and pages to cover and write of all the good things about him anyways.


All I know is, I'm ready for it all. This entire situation is terrifyingly beautiful.


I'm happy to say that the voice and the notion that ate away at me were right.


I am traveling back to Ireland.

 





Always listen to your heart.


Always go with your intuition even if you're scared.


It'll take you where you're supposed to be.







































© 2015 Kathryn Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

a great write,and good advise

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 21, 2015
Last Updated on April 21, 2015