This isn't fiction.

This isn't fiction.

A Story by ParkerTheWriter

I didn’t have any intentions in writing about this until the ride home. I was just going to let this be a little lesson learned, but I suppose I’ll share it.

I decided to go to the library to pick up a few books to read since I’ve been inside for the past week. I get to the library and go inside only to be told they were closed. I only walked half way before someone told me so I turned around and began to leave.

When I walked in I noticed this guy have so much trouble getting around. He was maybe in his early 30’s or so, I think he had MS or some type of problem with his leg muscles where it made it extremely difficult to walk, let alone watch. I decide to do a nice gesture and open the layer of doors for him so he wouldn’t have to.

Just to see this man shaking uncontrollably triggered something inside of me. Just the thought of him feeling the need to thank me continuously and tell me how much he truly appreciated it upset me. I know he shouldn’t expect others to help him, nor do I believe he thinks like that, but to see everyone else in the lobby of the building do nothing to help this man upset me more. Just seeing the patience in this man’s eyes was shocking. He was completely used to it and had accepted it.

It goes to show you that everyday people can have it so much worst than yourself. I’m not saying anything like you have it any better, but to be grateful of what you do have and be grateful for what you don’t have to deal with. This man was dealt a bad hand of cards in his life, but he is making it work.

Whoever this guy is and wherever he goes, I wish him the best of luck in his life. 

© 2013 ParkerTheWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on January 29, 2013
Last Updated on January 29, 2013
Tags: library, man, sickness, assistance, help

Author

ParkerTheWriter
ParkerTheWriter

Augusta, GA



About
I enjoy reading philosophy. It's become one of my favorite reading materials. I'm very politically minded, often thinking of the faults and f**k ups of the world rather than the positive things in fro.. more..

Writing
ME ME

A Story by ParkerTheWriter