I Jump In And Hope For Yesterday

I Jump In And Hope For Yesterday

A Poem by Richard
"

kind of a retrospective nostalgic moment(s)..

"

You said you could feel the waves of the sea (like the old man who was by it) digging around in your pocket for something to eat.
Carefree when we were 15 �" and coat free god forbid! On the playground. Do you remember what it felt like on the swing set on the way up? if you closed your eyes you felt like you were actually a part of The Magic School Bus’ Solar System excursion. For those brief seconds you were playing billiards with your brain and the stars (And those times, of course, Jimmy The Jarr wasn’t spilling his ale on your grad dress).

The pine trees knew they had a secret path flowing through them and half the school kids knew about it. They stood and pined away, now, where the breeze was had. where the comfort of the narrow dirt road led to the old haunted house. The one place we never went at day -time. But at night �" when the trampolines were folded away from the tramp-nappers �" and the cold pasta was wrapped for breakfast �" and the pines were bowing to speak to the emerald grass �" we played and danced as loud as we could because we knew we were 15, yet, we didn’t think about it at the time, we just were. The one time when a gazebo next to the lake was a paradise and racing insects and then eating them was the best thing since sliced cockroach..
I still look back sometimes in my mind at those times.. those times when our first drop of alcohol was really hot chocolate liqueur minus the liqueur. We pretended it was anyway. I think of that night when you kissed Wendy Wellcroft in the dark to find you’d kissed your mother that passionately. .

The hungry, angry waves of the sea digging in your pocket for something to eat and you felt like you meant something.

© 2013 Richard


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This almost hurt to read. It has your signature quirky, upside down-ness. But that is the best bit about it. Because much like the other piece, real angst is couched in between the odd phraseology. I remember being 15, too. It did feel like that. We were on the edge of something and nothing all at the same time. Again, the paragraph block form is a tad difficult to read but that is just light editing. I love this. I do not love much. I read tons and tons of work on here and rarely leave a review so If I actually love it, I say so. Your work is haunting and strange and wonderful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Richard

10 Years Ago

thanks very much for taking the time to review this :)
And I appreciate all your kind words it.. read more
Wow, very generous thank you so much ... you know I had a time frame and nostalgia in mind when I wrote this but most of that is just stream of conscience accidental hah I appreciate that very very much. It was more a surreal thing ... I sometimes enjoy a fun line more than whether or not it makes sense...
but I feel like everything has feeling and even waves ... they still need to eat is sort of my afterthought ha

you are too kind

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 14, 2013
Last Updated on May 14, 2013

Author

Richard
Richard

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada



Writing
birthmark birthmark

A Poem by Richard